Spell drop rates.

Would be kind of cool if the 63+ spells were added to the ikisith dungeons. It took me forever to get some of my spells and I had to buy a bunch. Like it took forever to get focus of soul and plaguewind :(

Also I save most of the spell drops I get. I throw the spells up for usually 200-300pp each unless its a valuable spell and they sell eventually. Part of the reason spells are hard to find is that they usually get vendored because they are hard to sell, take up a lot of space, and generally have a low platinum amount for the amount of inventory space they use up. Also a lot of the level 64+ spells either drop from hard old world content that new players cant do or from raid trash mobs (raid trash mobs do drop a lot of good spells, especially planar ones). It can take months to sell some spells unless you sell them close to vendor price and that is assuming a new player needs it. Of course double xp weekends will make spells fly out the door.

I would probably sell more spells if the time stuff stayed up on the listsold was longer. Honestly I dont see any reason it couldn't be a week. The listsold website makes browsing it super easy.

I see toons quite often that cannot get their spells, they get to 65 but have none of the full powers a level 65 should have. No big heals, no big DS, no big buffs, no pets.

That usually lasts about a week until they quit.

There used to be more people listing spells on the forums, that is where I picked up most of mine or doing /cm listsold next

Ya know... I miss the old days when I turned 65, still looked forever for Focus of Soul and Talisman of Panther, and ended up paying 5k and 4k respectively, and while I wasn't thrilled, it never would've occurred to me to complain or especially even consider quitting the game. Is it WoW and similar that have done that to players?

That being said, I agree there's no real reason not to have iki mobs drop those spells, (though dungeon loot might have to be balanced again (or not tbh)), and I like the bounty aug for spells idea a lot. Lorewise, I could be crazy, but don't ikisith mobs use those spells against us? Where'd they get them? (raiding our lands I'm sure someone's gonna say...)

Ya know... I miss the old days when I turned 65, still looked forever for Focus of Soul and Talisman of Panther, and ended up paying 5k and 4k respectively, and while I wasn't thrilled, it never would've occurred to me to complain or especially even consider quitting the game. Is it WoW and similar that have done that to players?

No, it's SOD that has done that to players. Maybe in 2007 when you first started people did not demand t6 healers and expect relic buffs/heals to join groups. That is the case 90% of the time now. If a player doesn't have relic heal and ALSO doesnt have the 60-65 heals, what place do they have in the majority of SoD groups? ----- Afk in Aithica that's the place they have.

Do other people have this experience where people actually won't take you because you're missing a spell? I mean I know for sure there are some more elitist groups, but tbh I usually decided that was gonna be a group of dudes I didn't really wanna play the game with anyway. I experienced that a long time ago, and it's a bummer, but that's gonna show up in some capacity in almost any game. That being said, in any group I've made or gotten into we haven't even asked. It's usually something we find out later, and in a lot of cases some of us have actually helped the people find those spells on a guild vendor or just by looking on listsold ourselves.

I agree it sucks to be missing something for a longer period of time, and I agree there doesn't seem to be any real reason not to make these a little more easily accessible, but I feel like there's an element of exaggeration or being over-dramatic here to get a point across. Nobody wants people to quit the game, but if someone's actually gonna quit a week into 65 because they couldn't find a spell, that person was eventually gonna find a reason to quit soon anyway. Trust me in that there are going to be FAR more frustrating things further in.

Honestly I'm kinda just playing devil's advocate here though. Like I said, on the overall point of the thread I agree it could use a fix, as I think the best point made was that those spells just aren't farmed like they used to be for multiple reasons.

i never really met any elitist people in this game, but there's an unusually high number of antisocial people, which produces a similar result i suppose.

As balancing changes are made over the several years following a major update like the advent of ikisith this is a problem that will eventually self-correct. When content reaches its oldest state one of three things happens, it becomes virtually unused, it becomes a niche (ToLL farming, for example, or farming quest drops or specific items from a zone), or it gets revamped.

This doesn't seem like a re-vamp issue and the spells will almost surely always be desireable. Doing something like upping drop rates would be like getting more cats to kill the new mice then needing more dogs to curb the cat explosion then needing more Westboro Baptists to kill the puppies ad nauseum.

Could set spells to a loot table all its own, and add it mobs in ikisith but this would be more of a band aid fix really. Could also allow ikisith tomes to drop in old world zones in the same manner, encouraging people to group in virtually untouched zones.

Apparently this topic has got a lot of viewers, spells that have not been for sale for a long are suddenly available on multiple vendors. Certain spells I waited a long time to buy for a mere 2000 are now for sale for 300. To be honest, I'm glad other people will have to chance to benefit. There is still a huge lack of level 64/65 spells though and I guess that is because people are not killing this level of mob. Anyways a small thanks to all the people who have taken the time to open a spell shop recently.

idk i have plenty of spells for most classes even duplicate of many just send kraizik a tell in game if any one is looking fo spells...

I usually just end up vendoring spells as well unless it's a 64 or 65 spell. I used to send them to an alt to put them up on listsold but I'm too lazy. Would it be possible to set up specific vendors in cities that only buy the 61-65 spells and don't reset what they are selling every day/night? I believe there is a cap on how many items a vendor can show that they are selling but maybe that can be adjusted? The vendors could maybe charge 3x regular price and pay 1.5x if someone sells to them?

I usually just end up vendoring spells as well unless it's a 64 or 65 spell. I used to send them to an alt to put them up on listsold but I'm too lazy. Would it be possible to set up specific vendors in cities that only buy the 61-65 spells and don't reset what they are selling every day/night? I believe there is a cap on how many items a vendor can show that they are selling but maybe that can be adjusted? The vendors could maybe charge 3x regular price and pay 1.5x if someone sells to them?

I've been away for a while but in the past guild spell banks had always been a fixture in the buy/sell forums and on listview after it's invention. I'm not sure exactly why they have faded away.

This idea, certainly with some adjustments, sounds pretty cool to me though.

Never understood why the amount of time something stays on the listsold couldn't be longer. I would list way more spells and stuff that sells slowly if stuff stayed up for seven days instead.

could get kinda clustered with seven days.... could really make that thing tedious....

It is already tedious because you can't search. With our population level, the longer stuff can stay up on list sold, the better.

Every web browser that I have ever used has search or find.

Care to share how every web browser you use is 'searching' through all listsold at one time for your item (without clicking each person one at a time?) :p

Back
Top Bottom