Some feedback from a guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draeos

Dalayan Elder
Gameplay:

Number one complaint outside of actual bugs, Caster mana in xp is always way behind the healers when we have to stop its for the caster dps and it feels bad when the tank and healer are ready to go but you can't do anything but spellsurge stuff. I'm not sure where we are going to land on out of combat medding and what not but if nothing else doubling caster med rate out of combat wouldn't break anything and would keep healers/tanks more in line with caster dps in a group setting.

Mansion of portals: This isn't hard, this isn't fun, this is only tedious, I always dread it. please send help. could fix the first one to have a reasonable aggro range? Make the "power ups" more common? Make it actually hard so its atleast engaging?

Quests:

https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Council_Assistant_-_Deepocean_Exploration -You bind in the zone the statues are in and die over and over, what else can i say about this quest.

https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Council_Assistant_-_Graverobbing - Am currently doing this one, Locked behind a door that takes a key from a mob with a 3 day timer(yes it can be picked but thats not always an option for people), it is all gray con when you'd be doing this after heartlands but for sure at 65, Rareish drops off mobs that share spawns with mobs that don't drop them, on a longish respawn, with like maybe 15 mobs total.

https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Council_Assistant_-_To_Play_in_the_Forest - This is bugged i think due to knockback not working? I'm not sure i clicked the rod on the guy and he didn't move and just ran off wherever he wanted to go.

More to come I'm sure.

I could not agree more with the MOP issue. Maybe even just give an option of pay to pass through without dying, but I really don't see the point in having those guardians. I've seen a lot of newer player corpses in there this season too, which I imagine isn't an enjoyable experience for them.

Mansion of portals: This isn't hard, this isn't fun, this is only tedious, I always dread it. please send help. could fix the first one to have a reasonable aggro range? Make the "power ups" more common? Make it actually hard so its atleast engaging?

I'd like to echo these thoughts. While a great option to move around the world it becomes not so thrilling when you need to move two characters through let alone one.

Maybe give incentives to those who didn't roll a druid or wizard for the season in the zone?

Last edited:
For MoP, it has to keep two aspects. It must be somewhat time consuming and it must have some risks. I think it is designed pretty well. You don't just go through interdimensional travel unguided with no risks. I would change one aspect, and that is when the keepers spawn on your face, they instantly hit you... that should change.

If anything, add a druid and wizard NPC who will port from Zen Malath for the cost of ~50pp or so. Since it feels 'Kind Ladyish' I do not think that is something that will happen.

For MoP, it has to keep two aspects. It must be somewhat time consuming and it must have some risks. I think it is designed pretty well. You don't just go through interdimensional travel unguided with no risks. I would change one aspect, and that is when the keepers spawn on your face, they instantly hit you... that should change.

If anything, add a druid and wizard NPC who will port from Zen Malath for the cost of ~50pp or so. Since it feels 'Kind Ladyish' I do not think that is something that will happen.
I think you miss understand my point, there is no risk its not hard its just tedious, how is it adding to your enjoyment after the 100th time running the same obstetrical course?

Assume the first ones gunna aggro you, pick your freebie to zoom past, avoid the rest. Rinse repeat x100, Do it with a box to entirely skip all mechanics. If by some magic the first one is in a spot it doesn't aggro you instantly you get 2 freebies.

Edit: After posting this i ran through the mop, feel like the first guy got tuned. Neat.

Last edited:
How about a Kirby (like from Zenn Malath) in the mansion who wanders and when petted will give you similar buffs/exp pots etc?

It's already coded. It gives incentive to use. Thoughts?

things that suck about mop:

random bugged akhevans who instantly kill you despite having not aggroed any
there arent folds that just port you randomly to the back of the zone for gnome pleasure
I don't know about making it actually more challenging because I still remember the swarm of angry posts when it first came out.

Last edited:
I think you miss understand my point, there is no risk its not hard its just tedious, how is it adding to your enjoyment after the 100th time running the same obstetrical course?
I agree, and would like them to change it like the boat situation... I just think there are reasons it takes time and is tedious.

things that suck about mop:

random bugged akhevans who instantly kill you despite having not aggroed any
there arent folds that just port you randomly to the back of the zone for gnome pleasure
I don't know about making it actually more challenging because I still remember the swarm of angry posts when it first came out.

MOP is frustrating to new players. I just is. It can be frustrating for veteran players too (lag or the fact that auto follow is tough.)
MOP is almost like fast travel in modern games, which is required if you want people to play the game.
MOP is painful enough without keepers because you have to zone multiple times and run through the zone... I've always thought that the keepers and wisps were silly and unnecessarily painful.

What if your total accumulation of your specializations increases your chance to resist a strike against you? As you level you will eventually get to a point where it becomes less of a burden while still maintaining the functionality of the original vision.

Last edited:
Reverting the MOP back to the way it used to be (before the akhevans and wisps were added) would not do anything to detract from the state of the game, it would only serve to improve the game by making travel less annoying therefore +fun for all. However, leaving the MOP the way it is will not do anything to reduce the barriers to entry for new players on a game with a declining population.

I have noticed a TON of work put into the server on QOL improvements and I like almost all of it, this would be another step in the right direct. I am all for MORE fun and LESS annoyance so long as it doesn't significantly alter balance..

Fight me

Another MoP change that should be discussed:

Can we disable movement speed clickies in MoP as it seems the intent is to not allow spells / abilities there. For example, vah back works in MoP last I checked. Also probably Cycyl, and Greaves of the Vanquisher, among other items that should be looked at.

I really regret not rolling a druid at the start of the season. Even if it would only mean having one on a *S* account solely for travel capabilities for other toons you WOULD like to play, it kinda feels like a requirement if you want to do things quick and efficiently, which MOP currently is not in comparison.

More suggestions:

1) Make it a quest where you have to do the metal gear solid dodging only once at the end you get an item when worn makes them not aggro you which also serves as a sow like spell.

2) Change the origin AA you get to teleport to mansion of portals instead of your starting city (eliminating the need for unnecessary zoning).

Make some quest that works by collecting gate necks that also unlocks portals further into MoP the more you get (or maybe portals near respective gate necks). Speaking of gate necks, do some accumulator stuff for them too, or turn them into AAs with a quest or whatever please.

Make some quest that works by collecting gate necks that also unlocks portals further into MoP the more you get (or maybe portals near respective gate necks). Speaking of gate necks, do some accumulator stuff for them too, or turn them into AAs with a quest or whatever please.
Something like #3 here? Yes please!

Are there at least any internal discussion happening from staff about MOP? I realize you guys have a lot on your plate but there is a lot good discussion and feedback happening here and I am just hoping it's not falling on deaf ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom