Season 1 Event Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shards of Dalaya
Season 1 Event

Shards of Dalaya is proud to present an entirely new way to play! Season Events will allow players to progress together through content for a limited time, earning exclusive rewards that can be transferred to standard play! Spend the next three months shoulder-to-shoulder with your friends to earn your place on the Leaderboard!

How do I participate?
  • On Friday, December 18th at 4:00pm EST, everyone will be able to hail "The Registrar" in The Dream at level 1 to flag as a Seasonal Event character.
  • New or returning players be sure to check out our Installation Guide and Discord Community.
What exclusive rewards can we earn?
  • Players will earn Season Event alternate currency as described:
    • 1 currency for leveling, levels 11 to 60.
    • 5 currency for levels 61 to 64.
    • 30 currency for gaining level 65.
    • 1 currency per AA gained.
    • 1 currency per completed quest, starting with the 4th completion.
    • 1 currency per tradeskill skillup, starting with the 22nd skillup.
    • 2 currency for each 100,000 exp first time kill bonus.
    • 4 currency for each 200,000 exp first time kill bonus.
    • 6 currency for each 400,000 exp first time kill bonus.
  • A Season Event vendor can be found in major cities selling these items for the listed cost:
    • 25 currency - Ribbon of Recognition (Season 1)
      • This consumable item will award the player with 20 / 15 / 10 / 5 / 0 fame. (Diminishing returns per character)
    • 1 currency - Elixir of Minor Experience (10%)
    • 2 currency - Elixir of Moderate Experience (25%)
    • 4 currency - Elixir of Major Experience (50%)
    • Event specific weapon model tokens** (Displayed below)
  • Trading a weapon to the Season Event vendor will allow for the alteration of that weapon's model. Trading an altered weapon will reset the model and refund the token.
  • One-time rewards will be granted for the following:
    • 50 Fame or 50 Currency - The first player to reach level 65.
    • 75 Fame or 75 Currency - The player who earns the most first time kill bonuses by season end.
    • 75 Fame or 75 Currency - The player who completes the most quests by season end.
    • 100 fame or 100 Currency - The player with the highest tradeskill across all tradeskills by season end.
  • Seasonal characters may use the #rewardsend command to send Season Event alternate currency or weapon model tokens to other characters on the same account to enjoy season rewards with characters in standard play!
Can I still play with people not in the Season?
  • Season Event characters will share a server with standard play, but cannot interact directly with characters outside of the event (Hardcoded).
  • Chat is shared!
  • Season Event characters will merge into standard play at the end of the season.
What are the restrictions for season 1?
  • Adepts are disabled.
  • Ikisith content is not accessible.
  • Requiem of Hate and Requiem of Fear are not accessible.
  • "Special" AAs may not be purchased.
  • Cheaters will be disqualified; ie. finding and abusing ways to interact with non-seasonal characters. (There should be none)
Season 1 Weapon Models
1 Hand Slash - 50 Currency
QK7q43ScdrrTqh5E7hXUQuzAblh_m7fZ6TUnCmyPLDp7oiFSxBrbZsVI8SO_MLlF26oE8sAbHi784IURfy7MoQO4Ia7r189GVFwEJMUY1vsSD2IMr_prhmncMY-sCqJMR1oEa-m3

2 Hand Slash - 100 Currency
o-g3XuU3AM5FDrkFGQcUnT0uH-kzC8wM1mi6_Z4CSyrpX_uq0ReIAx34jNf175T1Np55eUblNfmOKISvKsIIhAN3BE-iU59L24A5LpRDdJhNu8m_G7cALGNZ03PoBcsY55Qm1RH8

Piercing - 50 Currency
Ph8ol_5g-RGZEeiJ43jw9K2K2ryzBHZb8xe9MrluQtD1JubKvCUaYeblIzlX5IdYHyInMYr1IuS_WaJ3A2VhlB7lIBKAxyKBrsPtVAzGS7xdknTRPifrdQpVs0sJaFTbmba6h2bM

1 Hand Blunt - 50 Currency
13vV53e1mDWK9PyL1x_Xfn1ilru8LM-Um5JwdNPbPlyqGXZutgkYip5M6uZ7uWlqbTF1HFqjNNG4ggTo2KwuMmaPxm8kMc2WL3ndg2_4SA2yHY0E6MWVdQizLTzbVIu9aqtJhXM9

2 Hand Blunt - 100 Currency
pUmGlblYbMjX2xb_vX0he2XOaQFKlWE_CkLcxYVN5_YN05KmPm9oSHt-VitN9Wa7EuwB8uigH7S5dTp3oBkN1XazSD7eKutUfNpQZftU4QWoC3yz8jsAicsX-ACZbXnvjw4aWcfH

Archery - 80 Currency
j4XBFWpCMWFjcI_5mOx7HwJ90WRuTNoYgGDoKnhdPl4x4om_HGsTOHwM_YGZ71KTIBy266fbdVjFfkXoEny5SJshad68rv1aocFsKCOmwBLLsInf7z_G8fyTEx2upkhcv4K1FSXQ

Shield - 50 Currency
ia-lAiAiCMktWTwvlwGB2EnAz4DvM04D8QGDbUB4VXZz7Vw1lViixMTDjT0KuV7DzuIPJnxFF1JRswsXOt1jD-sXgzDXnSj6Bz550t-gG48nZQ1s7o18s443rjV4pAtyvJEgZz_i

2 Hand Pierce - 80 Currency
K-POlCFyGk3WDaDsfJPfnTZX-l3PZUGq-K6fPVsw8won2XjmZVoTNBgAPcBDMF6IgMbtX8e0ROuBvViLFPoVmoSnZq9h1fag-myZD4dqsCWJjQfGUBsAXvCbMwNB6uOvafcN_XbY

**Weapon Model Tokens are not lore.

This seems neat for those who wish to participate, and it seems an excellent way for new players to have people to level up with. It seems like a fantastic idea to me, nice work :)

This idea is amazing. Curious as to why no adepts though? Is the point this season to try new content and leveling without them?

Weapon models are restricted to weapon types. Also, I could not get monk unarmed models working. Seems the old EQ client hardcoded the monk epic onto the client (the one model that works for gloves)

This idea is amazing. Curious as to why no adepts though? Is the point this season to try new content and leveling without them?
I'm curious about this as well. Everything about Season 1 sounds like a colossal winner of an idea for players new and old alike, besides the no adepts part. I do not understand why people doing adepts without community characters and when other people are leveling is a bad thing. Especially for new players who would benefit long term from access to adept loots.

Another point of clarification- is this supposed to be twink free? No interaction suggests that, but shared bank or dropping stuff behind a barrel in Newport or whatever isn't "directly".

Another point of clarification- is this supposed to be twink free? No interaction suggests that, but shared bank or dropping stuff behind a barrel in Newport or whatever isn't "directly".
There are a lot of hardcoded blocks. Dropping an item on a standard character flags that item as standard and seasonal characters cannot pick it off the ground. Shared bank is listsold, and is not available to seasonal characters.

Who can flag for it? Can I take my level 1 out of the dream, do some quests, stay level 1... and keep all those items/quests? Can you please go into detail of the flagging process and what is allowed and what isn't?

Who can flag for it? Can I take my level 1 out of the dream, do some quests, stay level 1... and keep all those items/quests? Can you please go into detail of the flagging process and what is allowed and what isn't?

New characters only that are currently in the dream. Rest of the rules I will leave to someone else.

You can complete all the quests in the dream, and stop before exiting the dream.

To flag, you need to be:
  • Level 1
  • Not grouped
  • Not raided
  • Not in an adventure band
  • Have only items acquired from the dream/donator/deity
  • Less than 1 gold in coinage.

• Seasonal characters may use the #rewardsend command to send Season Event alternate currency or weapon model tokens to other characters on the same account to enjoy season rewards with characters in standard play!

Just a question on this. When you say same account, do you mean login account for the game client, or account as in SOD account, which has several client login accounts tied to it.

Thanks again for doing this, i'm pumped for tomorrow!

Just a question on this. When you say same account, do you mean login account for the game client, or account as in SOD account, which has several client login accounts tied to it.

Thanks again for doing this, i'm pumped for tomorrow!
It's based on the login account for the game. i.e. you can only send to character that appear on the same character select screen

It's based on the login account for the game. i.e. you can only send to character that appear on the same character select screen
So is this seasonal character on my main account going to be transferrable to another account or something when the season ends or will one need to use earned fame or other means to achieve this?

Just to clarify, I don't want to make an alt I can never box with my main. Just my opinion.

So is this seasonal character on my main account going to be transferrable to another account or something when the season ends or will one need to use earned fame or other means to achieve this?

Just to clarify, I don't want to make an alt I can never box with my main. Just my opinion.
I’ve heard mentioned in discord that they will move the characters to separate accounts at the end of seasons for people who request.

This is cool, I like the fact that Adepts aren't a thing for the season, else you would have everyone camping them. I'm assuming seasons will reset and/or continue after season one if all goes well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom