Random At Work Questions about Bows/Archery

Thuug

Dalayan Adventurer
Hey I have some questions that I am trying to find definitive answers for that I could not find using the search function. I'm at work atm, so can't just jump on and test this stuff myself. Some are likely very easy to answer but I'd just like some confirmation.

A) Bow damage....to hit is affected by dex one assumes, is the damage affected by strength however? I always assumed it was as I have never seen it stated to work differently from melee in this regard.

Maybe a better question would be, is there anything I need to know regarding archery in how it works (or doesn't work) differently than melee.

B) Does +dual wield mod affect archery. The wiki just states it as +haste, however I have been told it does not. a 1% or 2% difference is pretty difficult to parse out so maybe someone with a ton of dual wield could chime in.

C) Does Stance haste (IE aggressive stance) actually affect bows. I have heard varying statements and seen threads saying both. My fault for not parsing this out myself.

D) Does bane damage apply any differently than base damage for arrows? Elemental damage on arrows can be resisted, but I'm curious if there is functionally any difference between a 12 damage arrow and something like a 6 damage arrow with 6 bane damage fighting the correct type. Parses seem to show there isn't but I could be wrong.

A) Yes str and dex effect bow damage / accuracy
B) It's +haste and it is not difficult to parse with timestamps.
C) No
D) No

I have a question that I haven't had time to parse my self, but perhaps someone knows already.

Does arrow damage apply to the bow damage, 1 to 1?

Why do I wonder?
Imagine you have a damage 10 arrow, and a damage 10 bow, with delay 10.
Then if its 1 to 1, this bow is then shooting at a ratio of 2 ((10+10)/10).

Then if I have a damage 100 delay 100 bow, with the 10 damage arrow, the ratio is just 1.1 ((100+10)/100).

I have a question that I haven't had time to parse my self, but perhaps someone knows already.

Does arrow damage apply to the bow damage, 1 to 1?

Why do I wonder?
Imagine you have a damage 10 arrow, and a damage 10 bow, with delay 10.
Then if its 1 to 1, this bow is then shooting at a ratio of 2 ((10+10)/10).

Then if I have a damage 100 delay 100 bow, with the 10 damage arrow, the ratio is just 1.1 ((100+10)/100).
thats how arrows work on EQLive to my knowledge.

On SoD, its just a % modifier to archery. 5% archery dmg per point of damage on the arrow. This makes a 12 damage arrow a 60% bonus to archery damage.

Back
Top Bottom