Raid Bugs

This server has been "slowly dying" for like 4-5 years. We're still here. A few whiny people that don't want to put up with a bug does not a dead server make. What it does do however, is discourage New Player A that might be on the forums reading on the fence about playing from doing so. What it also does is make a free dev wonder whytf they bother donating their time. These bugs are a pain in the ass occasionally, but let's be honest. They're not killing the server. If anything, a bunch of bitchy teenagers have taken that role and done that damage far more themselves. Next time Pecannius or Irelc runs a pug, and you're wondering the validity of this sorta thing, try to grab a spot and see for yourself. If anything, this game exposes a complete and total lack of patience in the type of person that plays this stuff these days.

Right,it were the impatient players who released 2.5.

Right,it were the impatient players who released 2.5.

what he said, but with 'we're' instead.

It doesn't seem like it was a "few whiny people" when you go from being in a guild slaughtering NZ and kara`kadar with 18-20people online before raids start, down to only 3 people logging in consistently after the client update. The entire guild fled the day it was released. An entire guild!!

Things were fine the way they were, I didn't care about being on a list.. Don't get me wrong, I've said it numerous times- I like the new client and the staff did a good job for the resources they had, it was just premature plain and simple.

Now it's all about #PRF

It doesn't seem like it was a "few whiny people" when you go from being in a guild slaughtering NZ and kara`kadar with 18-20people online before raids start, down to only 3 people logging in consistently after the client update. The entire guild fled the day it was released. An entire guild!!

Sounds like they wanted to quit and never gave it a try to work things around. Resurgum and Seven Virtues are still raiding on a regular basis.

I think you forgot how bad things were when 2.5 was released. It was close to unplayable for raiding. Sure by mid February Taryth had managed to duct tape it back together enough to where the bugs were manageable but the damage was already done to the end game population. I'm sure there are still guilds raiding and killing stuff despite the issues and thats great but for many of us it just isn't worth the aggravation.

Sounds like they wanted to quit and never gave it a try to work things around. Resurgum and Seven Virtues are still raiding on a regular basis.

I am very happy for Resurgum and Seven Virtues still being able to raid, and successfully at that. They deserve it, must be nice have little to no competition for content.

and lets face it, this began as a hobby for someone. it was only a matter of time before RL took priority. I'm no longer upset about it, I've come to terms with it. These people did a lot of work for nothing, and/or next to nothing. If you play for free, there's always a catch. Anyways, now I'm all about lingering on the pantheon forum making meme's- it's more entertaining somehow lol..

I am very happy for Resurgum and Seven Virtues still being able to raid, and successfully at that. They deserve it, must be nice have little to no competition for content.

Must be nice to take backhanded shots at people you don't even know. I won't speak for my guild, but I've put in years of work to get where I am in this game. You don't play anymore. Take your belittling sarcasm elsewhere. This thread is far overdue for a shutdown.

Those guilds have no competition because the competition decided to quit. If the former top guilds decided to stay they could still kill monsters. The biggest issue was the raid formation bugs... get past those you can kill things. It's annoying, it sucks, but it's manageable.

Must be nice to take backhanded shots at people you don't even know. I won't speak for my guild, but I've put in years of work to get where I am in this game. You don't play anymore. Take your belittling sarcasm elsewhere. This thread is far overdue for a shutdown.

How was any of that sarcasm? I was being completely sincere. I've stuck around for several years as well, going through much turmoil for various reasons. I don't really know anyone in SV but I know several in Resurgum and again, I'm happy for them.. They are all lucky everyone stuck by and continues to, I sit around for at least 2 hours a night not doing much of anything, when I'd LOVE to log in and see my old guild sitting there waiting to raid, because I DO in fact still play- at least log in and solo while LFG for 2 hours.. I got 196k plat sitting in the bank with the goal, and hopes, to buy my 100aa warrior his juggernaut charm before i officially uninstall shards.

But you take my words however you'd like, douche.

Those guilds have no competition because the competition decided to quit. If the former top guilds decided to stay they could still kill monsters. The biggest issue was the raid formation bugs... get past those you can kill things. It's annoying, it sucks, but it's manageable.

That was my point. It must be nice to be an established guild that is still raiding, but now not need to /who all other guilds to see who should run to make claim. Resurgum is the bee's knee's lol

I regularly do /w all pofire, /w all prison, /w all overgrowth, but for some reason I don't see people rushing to do BW or Taeshlin or Yale and Prime Twins. Clearly SV and Resurgum aren't trying hard enough. None of these guilds have huge dongs. We're all inferior these days.

I regularly do /w all pofire, /w all prison, /w all overgrowth, but for some reason I don't see people rushing to do BW or Taeshlin or Yale and Prime Twins. Clearly SV and Resurgum aren't trying hard enough. None of these guilds have huge dongs. We're all inferior these days.

Sorry Daenar, we're working on your last set of requests that you posted in March, but we'll get right on those new ones soon! Out of the 7 mobs that were perma up in late March, 5/7 are killed pretty consistently now.

The end game is basically dead is the major hurdle with this mob. Finding the bodies to even LOG ON to do this is like pulling teeth.

This is true as you can see rujik/ree/custo/taesh/IM/BW/KK all permanently up.

Back on topic about raid bugs, I lead a lot of raids and despite a few annoyances it's not that bad. Reforming the raid maybe ~1.5 times in a raid night should take < 5 minutes. And I'm sure they will be fixed at some point. Having fewer people on the server is sad but being able to even attempt big things that aren't usually up is nice for the more casual ish raiding guilds.

Raid bugs that are fixed. Yale flag fixed, Wevrynn fixed, corpse call by Yale fixed. Strats are currently being learned.

Nobody kills prime twins much cause loot is bad i thought. guess you need amulets for Yale though iirc.

Are these raid bugs still an issue? I"m coming back to this game with some friends under the impression that 2.5 is much better then the original SoD.

Are these raid bugs still an issue? I"m coming back to this game with some friends under the impression that 2.5 is much better then the original SoD.
There hasnt been a patch/fix in a long time as far as im aware. This happened where lleoc made a guild overnight and all 20 people decided the raid/group bugs were so awful that we collectively decided to stop raiding after like 3 raids. Also, every time I've spoken to people about them playing SoD 2.5, the conversation is usually, "i want to play SoD again but *some element of 2.5 client* is too annoying to deal with." Whether it be busted bard songs, the hilariously inflated HP pools, the raid/group shenanigans, and some other jank im probably forgetting. Resurgum and Seven Virtues seem to be enjoying 2.5 because they are finally doing t13 content, but if you arent doing "new" content I dont really see why anybody would put up with how fickle the 2.5 client is.

2.5 is the same game in a worse client, unless you're that one guy who was really excited about getting new hotbars at the expense of the game being tolerable to play.

EDIT: Monk aggro is still busted, spell damage seems lower (could be wrong on this one), iksar 2handed animations are borked to fuck (old models only, but if you use new models you probably dont care how things look anyways). Plus side is there is +25% exp bonus and everything vendors for a higher price I guess

Raids are definitely a bit quirky, but people are making it out to be the end of the world. If you mess with your raid setup, having people come and go or moving people around in groups, you'll likely have to reform the raid once or twice in a night. That said, I have been raiding regularly with my guild and Pecannius has been running rather successful pugs on a weekly basis. The people who quit were just whiny babies (I wanted to use another "b" word here) who were looking for a reason to quit and slam the door so everyone would know they were throwing a tantrum.

I have been playing this game for over 10 years. When I first started playing, there were many issues. Remember being in a zone for more than an hour and experiencing packet loss? Remember when around 2 AM every night the server would have a major hiccup (literally everyone stopped exp until the hiccup was over, it would even lag /ooc out badly and sometimes the server would just plain crash)?

This server is run by volunteers who have real lives. I happen to know that a couple of them have had real life blow up a bit on them. Plus, it's summer so people (including the staff) are spending more time outdoors and with family. Patience is a virtue, folks. It will get better.

Back
Top Bottom