Quest items - lacking quest info

Minerios

Dalayan Adventurer
Heya everybody,

Well, I think I'll try something... I'll keep a tally of items that look like quest items (mainly because they are No Drop and such) about which info is lacking. I've asked repeatedly in-game about these but nobody has been able to come up with info. As the info trickles in, I'll add it to the wiki, and I will edit this post with the relevant links, new items and the like.

So, let's get started!

Items with no apparent use
-Blue Fungus Powder (dropped from an undead Tal'Yan in Yaralith)
-Ratman Ale (dropped from random Ratmans (Ratmen?) in Newport Sewers) - wiki article says it's for newbie guard quests, but I doubt it. Can anybody confirm?
-Meteoric Iron Ore (found in CMal)
-Vial of Froglok Poison (dropped from Master Grilkli in Miel B) - suspected to be for a Monk quest
-Ghostly Moss - ground spawn in Kaladim
-Harthuk Steel Coif and other various "Harthuk Steel" pieces of armor - dropped by random Harthuks in Great Divide

Items with found use (incomplete)
Here are listed items for which I do not have the exact name or am missing some other bit of info before I can properly update the wiki
-A Tal'Yan Signet Ring (dropped from random Tal'Yans in Yaralith) - apparently for an Enchanter quest that starts in South Newport, need more info to properly update the wiki
-Field Crucible (dropped from a liodreth warder in South Badlands) - apparently for a quest given out by Del Jarels (sp?), a Magician guild leader in South Newport. No info at all about this quest in the wiki.
-Damaged Dagger Hilt (dropped from various mobs in Lasanth) + Broken Dagger Blade (dropped from various mobs in Lasanth), involved in a quest starting with Ryzan on the Freeport docks. The quest is presently broken. Please update us once (if) it gets fixed!

Items with found use (complete)
-The heads of the Stonerage Minotaurs in Steamfont - quest found: Progressive Warrior Ring Quest
-Tal'Yan Chalice - quest found: Bloggo's Shield

Oualawouzou said:
Items with no apparent use
-The heads of the Stormrage Minotaurs in Steamfont

There are 4 named Mino's there. They are used in a quest for Underhill Warriors I think.

You are right! There's a very short blurb in the wiki about that. I'll add the remaining info asap.

Thanks!

forever ago when I was leveling in Yaralith in the baby snook days someone was collecting those challices for some "sheild quest". yay for vagueness on my part but ya, there might be somthing for it. :tinfoil:

Your vagueness was worth the trouble... Looks like they're for the quest "Bloggo's Shield"! It's amazing what having the right keywords in a search request can do. :)

I'll update the wiki for this one as well soon. Thanks!

Random Lore/nodrop items that do nothing as far as I know:

Orbs of Angusish (and 2 others) from freeport.
Head of the Rymaz (Frost Giant King).

I always used to think one also dropped in plaguelands, but that wraith dropped nothing for me several times (a long time ago).
I figured it was broken.

antihelei said:
There seems to be 4 of them, one drops in plaguelands, but I still can't figure out their use

None yet, they will have a use for the MQ eventually.

I've updated the OP with the new info found, and added a wiki articles and some links all around. I haven't addressed the Head and the Orbs in the OP since Wiz posted so quickly to clarify things regarding those, I thought it'd be redundant.

If you have more items to add to the list, or have info about any item listed in the first two categories (no known use and known use but incomplete), let yourself be heard! :)

Alton said:
O man, bottleneck central =/
Those wraiths drop one each and are on a what, 8-24hr timer?

obv those spawn times are fixed and cannot be changed :tinfoil:

Just a little *bump* after updating the initial post. Still haven't found any use for the Tal'Yan Signet Ring.

The rings are for an enchanter quest. The quest chain starts in the SNP arcane guild area and eventually leads to oggok. You have to get four of the rings and bring them to a named NPC in one of the taverns. Sorry about the incredible vagueness of this information, the details are fuzzy to me.

Aaaaah, finally! :) Thanks! Don't worry about the vagueness, it's still better than what information we had before (i.e. none :p ).

I had found a block of Meteoric Iron Ore in Cmal three off a named within and it is no drop but not lore. i am not certain if it is quest related or not.

Bllodclaw heads are faction/exp turn-in for Underhill, one of the npc's asks for them after doing a little quest for him, sorry I can't remember which one. Master mechanic somethingorother......

Zubum

Back
Top Bottom