QOL Change - Mask of the Hunter Base Duration Increase

Thade

DINOSAUR THADE
Would it be at all possible to increase the base duration of this spell? It's base being one hour means even with max buff duration aa's etc it only lasts about two hours. Compared to every other self buff, most of which have a four or more hour base duration. If it had a longer base duration it'd actually be worth soulbonding and that'd be pretty awesome!

As a player druid, I totally agree!

As a matter of balance though, what else can we compare it to? It's a bit of an odd duck in terms of providing stackable (with JB) mana regen. That's usually the first question that gets asked as soon as we start talking about tinkering with durations and the like.

The cleric self buff line has 4/6 mana respectively and has a base duration of 2 hours 24 minutes. It's a stronger buff over all (hp/ac/mana regen/raw mana(at the relic version) and has the higher duration already!

As a matter of balance though, what else can we compare it to? It's a bit of an odd duck in terms of providing stackable (with JB) mana regen.
Druids get two other high-level, self-only buffs that (to my knowledge) stack with JB -- Shape of the Wild and Shape of the Earth Mother. In fact, I always thought of Shape of the Wild as being a spiritual successor to Mask of the Hunter even though they technically aren't the same spell line. That spell has a base duration of 2 hours, 24 minutes similar to the Cleric buff that Thade mentions. Furthermore, Shape of the Earth Mother has a duration of 4 weeks, 6 days, 17 hours and 20 minutes (I'm not kidding), so why not give at least a little love to Mask of the Hunter?

id love it if the lich line spells were a bit longer as well.
nothing huge maybe like 45 mins to an hour instead of only 30 minutes.

at least then it would drop around the same time as combine buffs

Druids get two other high-level, self-only buffs that (to my knowledge) stack with JB -- Shape of the Wild and Shape of the Earth Mother. In fact, I always thought of Shape of the Wild as being a spiritual successor to Mask of the Hunter even though they technically aren't the same spell line. That spell has a base duration of 2 hours, 24 minutes similar to the Cleric buff that Thade mentions. Furthermore, Shape of the Earth Mother has a duration of 4 weeks, 6 days, 17 hours and 20 minutes (I'm not kidding), so why not give at least a little love to Mask of the Hunter?
Shape of the Wild DOES NOT stack with Mask, it basically is the same line, just with an added illusion and movement speed (doesn't stack with FOE, need to recast when you zone.)

Earth Mother basically stacks with everything as near as I can tell EXCEPT debuffs. It's cleared by basically every single thing that happens on raids. Also it roots you for 4 weeks, 6 days, 17 hours and 20 minutes. So you know pick your poison. Not sure if does FT overcap but you FT cap without it.

Mask was AFAIK never changed in the day due to Permanency. Now that it's SB it could probably use a bit of a fix. I don't personally have a problem with it though.

I always thought of Mask as like indoor Spirit of the Howler/Shape of the Wild seeing as they are outdoor only when I played on my druid. From an RP standpoint I can kinda see the whole 'Druids are weaker indoors' nonsense and maybe even from a Dev's point of view in consideration of the game 5 or 6 years ago (when you guys didn't have better than Relics?) making people choose between the longer lasting +2mana with Howler or the shorter duration +4 mana Mask. However, now it just seems tedious and the whole indoor/outdoor thing for druids feels less like flavor and more like punishment for not picking a cleric.

Speaking of Clerics, Nath is right. If were talking healer self buffs that give mana back, the bulwark of the faithful line is probably the first one to point out.

Back
Top Bottom