procs and how they happen

seferon

Dalayan Beginner
Listed below are all the slots currently in game that have a chance to proc an effect when a certain requirement is met. Each of these are how they happen but each item has a set percentage for how often it will go off.

Breast Plate - When you get hit with normal melee damage. (currently also works for ae's)
Feet - When you kick (all of the monk kicks do apply)
Hands - When you are attacking with your bare hands. (also dragon punch)
Bracer - When ever you cast a spell.
Primary - When you attack with your main hand.
Secondary - When you attack with your secondary weapon or when you use the skill slam. For shields it happens when you bash.
Ammo - When you attack with your primary or secondary weapon. (excludes arrows and throwing weapons)

Figured this should be somewhere on our forums. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god thank you. I've been wondering why the proc on my gloves wasn't going off. If this isn't in the ToK then it deserves a mentioning there.

afaik bracer procs only work on same type spells. So detrimental bracer proc only procs on detrimental spell casts. And beneficial bracer procs only on Beneficial spell casts.

edit: I suspect that bard songs do not proc bracers at all. (yes, I have a bard with a proc bracer, ok? It has never gone off.)

khador said:
does tail rake go under punching or kicking? i mean.. its a tail...

It's the Iksar equivalent for Dragon Punch IIRC but not 100% on this.

Also you might want to add, that bracer procs are spell dependent - some proc on benefical spells, others on detrimental spells.

Temellin is right, shoulder procs work on slam but I can only think off one item that even has a shoulder proc and that's not usable by any classes that get slam besides rogues (who have backstab on that timer if I am not mistaken).

I'll do some testing to see if slam really does proc off hand unfortunately I don't know of a shoulder item that has a proc on it to test that as well.

Ok not sure about the shoulders but i just got Patriarch, Sword of the ruler to proc on a slam so if its possible it does multi slots then maybe but if its set to 1 per skill then its definitely secondary.

Mantle of the Scorned from Tmaps is a shoulder item that procs Inner Fire. Rng, Shm, Rog usable IIRC.

Tempus said:
Do bard songs trigger bracer procs?
Bracer procs only proc on a real spell, and only if you're actually casting said spell. (so they won't proc from songs or clicky items)

Mythryn said:
Bracer procs only proc on a real spell, and only if you're actually casting said spell. (so they won't proc from songs or clicky items)

oh rly

[Wed Oct 10 16:35:40 2007] You throw your head back and let loose a great bellow.
[Wed Oct 10 16:35:43 2007] You call to yourself an elemental ally.

Back
Top Bottom