Private Classic Wow Server

Server is a Ghost town now. So I guess I'll check out the new Script Craft server. I still wish to fuck they would put out a custom wow server the way SoD is to EQ. but till them I'll re-live my old memories of 2 shotting Gnomes in WSG. I miss my Drake Talon Cleaver the most broken of all axes. I"ve had it Swing Crit, proc cirt, Windfury swing, Proc crit,proc, (It could proc off of it self)

Well the scriptcraft one certainly has a population but as I have odd and infrequent hours it's pretty boring to play alone. Also leads to me just getting rolled over by hunters and rogues any time I go into an area to get exp lol. Oh well, off to other games

Server is a Ghost town now. So I guess I'll check out the new Script Craft server. I still wish to fuck they would put out a custom wow server the way SoD is to EQ. but till them I'll re-live my old memories of 2 shotting Gnomes in WSG. I miss my Drake Talon Cleaver the most broken of all axes. I"ve had it Swing Crit, proc cirt, Windfury swing, Proc crit,proc, (It could proc off of it self)

There are lots of other really good WoW servers btw. I don't know what scriptcraft is so maybe that is something you can't get elsewhere. But I did look in to WoW emu servers once and there are lots, with very high populations too. I even started playing on one and it all worked great. I don't like WoW so I didn't stay longer than an hour or so, but the possibility of 5/6 boxing was a big temptation. As was playing on a full PVP server.

I imagine they're all full PvP which is simply something that never interested me. Plus the communities tend to be pretty bad

Like SoD then? The thing with WoW emus is that there are so many of them, you have a better chance of finding what you want. I can't even remember the name of the one I used, but they had about 6 different servers, and each one had a different ruleset. One of them offered leet loot that you could pay for with real money. One of them was 100% legit, with no real money transactions. One had PVP, one didn't. One was a Roleplay server, etc. And each one had at least 2000 players.

Having said that, you may still be right. I never much liked getting "stun locked" by a rogue in PVP, although I did also have a lot of fun in WoW's PVP. I think it gets a far worse reputation than it deserves. And as for communities, the majority might be the leeroy / chuck norris obsessed barrons chat types, but with ~2000 people, you only need to find 1% nice people to have a fun guild.

My only problem with WoW was the dumb PVE content. I had actually mostly forgotten it, but when I tried it, I realised that in the low levels I could autoattack and my character would win the fight without any input from me at all - and even loot the mob for me at the end of it. I know it gets a bit more involving than that later on, but not much. I just can't bring myself to play something like that on principle. Even for free. But for less anal people it's probably worth checking out.

Scriptcraft is pretty legit. It is probably the closest thing you will find to a "classic" WoW realm. If you liked that content, play it. The population is there to handle raiding, 5-mans, or just casual play. The pvp is fun. I haven't played the "re-opened" Scriptcraft, but I can promise you that it was definitely better than any other "classic" WoW realm. And as for Robots comment about the dumb pve content, the fight will go on for ages about which is a better game. It is funny that you said it has dumb pve content. BWL was amazing. And combat has never been auto-attack and auto-loot. If anything is auto-attack, it has been EQ(and it rarely, if ever changes depending on class).

Last edited:
We're all headed there at launch July 21, 2012.

Two questions: What guild are you rolling with on Scriptcraft?

What server are you rolling on with GW2? I was on Jade Quarry during BWE3. The WvW was pretty close until the last day or two. We ended up beating Sorrors Furnace and Sea of Whatever by almost 11k points, iirc.

Last edited:
Two questions: What guild are you rolling with on Scriptcraft?

What server are you rolling on with GW2? I was on Jade Quarry during BWE3. The WvW was pretty close until the last day or two. We ended up beating Sorrors Furnace and Sea of Whatever by almost 11k points, iirc.

Juff <GRIZZLY>

And at the moment we're slated to roll on Tarnished Coast if the server names don't change.

Nice. How is the new Scriptcraft reboot these days? I have the client installed but haven't gotten to leveling a main yet. I have a 60 Warrior, 56 Warlock, and was thinking of making a Druid but I haven't really figured it out. I see you guys are still kicking ass, which I'm happy for. Was getting real sick of Alixium taking all the glory for the last 2340i24034i24 years of WoW vanilla emu's.

As for GW2, nice. We are looking at Jade Quarry but people are QQ'ing about WvW q's and all that...so who knows. But anyways, maybe I will hit you up on Scriptcraft one day.

Last edited:
The server is really good, the hacking is very minimal if at all. If you do play I'd suggest druid they seem kinda few and far between. What ever you do don't make a rogue warlock or DPS warrior.

I have a few horde 60's there. Warrior, druid, priest, and warlock. Just haven't really had any care to log in lately.

Back
Top Bottom