Patch Notes - November 8th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
POTION BELT FEATURE
We are pleased to announce that potion belt slots are now functional, allowing players to use most consumable items with a hotkey press.
  • Players may access the potion belt window and assign hotkeys from the options menu:
    • Options -> Keys -> UI -> Toggle Potion Belt Window
    • Options -> Keys -> Commands -> Potion Belt Slot #
  • For Help
1636092552415.png
  • Available items include:
    • Alchemy Potions
    • Rogue Poisons
    • Tinkering Consumables
    • Modulation Rods and Cleric Murk Beads
    • ...and many other consumable items (571 total)
  • Additional potion belt slots will be unlocked through future rewards.
AUTOMATIC BLESSED ZONES
Blessed zones will now automatically reset and a new group of zones will be blessed every 24 hours at 00:00 UTC.

CLASS REBALANCE
  • Impish Antics stamina cost reduced by 10% at all ranks.
  • Gutsy Gambol move speed bonus increased by 20% at all ranks. This was tested, it does work, but not very noticeable at lower percentages.
  • Rogue traps no longer trigger on un-targetable entities.
  • Ambuscade Expertise description corrected:
    • Gain additional skill with traps, adding 2% critical strike chance and reducing arming speed by 0.25s per rank.
  • Lady's Strike stamina cost reduced by 40% at all ranks.
  • Shadowknight Pet Sacrifice spell are now self target (no longer auto swaps your target). Stamina cost reduced by 50%.
  • Putrid Aura, Shadow of Marlow, Althuna's Fury, and Bastion of Faith duration increased to 5 minutes.
  • Runic: Heart Possession, Cardiac Arrest, Arrhythmia, Asystole, and Heart Flutter armor class and strength debuff slots swapped to remove stacking issues. Resist adjusts were also increased for these spells as well.
  • An internal adjustment has been made to how Blind and Stun spells generate threat. The result for Paladins should be:
    • Spell upgrades while leveling will feel more impactful.
    • Provide improved consistency with threat generation (specifically in exp-group settings).
  • An internal adjustment has been made to the melee-range spell and discipline check. The range should be more forgiving to players whose position is out of sync with the server.
DUNGEON REBALANCE
We are aware of the experience limit, and are discussing solutions.

CITADEL OF THE CLAW
  • Named spawn rates slightly increased.
MIELECH'S LABORATORY
  • Experience proportionally increased to difficulty.
  • Bottle of Ooze can now be added to your keyring.
  • Charmable enemies have been added to various locations within the zone.
WINDSTONE
  • Starla of the Blue Hurricane is now functional.
  • Experience proportionally increased to difficulty.
ELDENAL'S MANSION
  • Merciless Guardsman strength tuned downward after player feedback.
  • Summoning removed from Merciless Guardsman and Uninvited Guest.
  • Hybridized rustcode revised to be less harsh on fresh 65s and lowbie characters.
ABYSS
  • Murkwater has had knockback removed.
ITEMS
  • Learner weapons from the dream have had their growth rate halved, wearing one for so long in the seasonal event was not popular.
  • Rare but not so rare bug with adept weapon Stuck Spear has been fixed.
  • Reclusive Mantle of Shrouding has been adjust to required level 27.
  • Well-Illustrated Treasure Map drop rate has been increased by 33%.
  • Consumerism's endless greed was increased.
  • Imp's Fury powder keg explosion will now hit 4 targets instead of only 2.
  • Stiff White Wool Sash price increased.
  • The following items have been adjusted to give a more consistent player experience:
    • Stave of Mist proc chance and physical damage increased; proc damage and elemental damage reduced.
    • Entropy's Spine proc chance increased and proc damage reduced.
  • Armorer's Breastplate has had its proc replaced with Color Slam. Proc rate adjusted down to 0.5%. Small chance of a bonus proc(s).
LAKE OF ILL OMEN
  • 100% more fishing.
MISC
  • Player health has been added to #stats
  • Guttermage Glogz in Sunken Cathedral add behavior corrected.
  • A few charmable enemies have been added to Yclist.

Last edited by a moderator:
AUTOMATIC BLESSED ZONES
Blessed zones will now automatically reset and a new group of zones will be blessed every 24 hours at 00:00 UTC.

This is nice to stop having the zones never changing, but daily might be a bit fast? Maybe 3-5 days, so the top groups don't horde the best zones each & every day (I know they raid, but still)...

Other than that, until testing, sounds like a great patch! :D

Lady Strike: Pretty limited test, but seemed a lot more reliable, less out of range messages.

Minor point..the button no longer depresses when on CD, so currently just spamming the button till I hear the "CHANG"

Lady Strike: Pretty limited test, but seemed a lot more reliable, less out of range messages.

Minor point..the button no longer depresses when on CD, so currently just spamming the button till I hear the "CHANG"
I love that CLANG

The changes to Lady's Strike seem pretty cool. In a long-duration fight, I felt less stressed with the status of my Stamina-Mana bar. So far, the range on my strikes seem to feel better, but I will update this after I test more things.

Lady's Strike can also strike yourself. This seems handy.

How is the experience for others?

-High-Knight Romulox of <Resurgum>

I really like that the knockback on murkwater was removed. Now the fight can be against murkwater instead of fighting to not get stuck in the walls.

Any chance we could revisit armorers bp proc? Staying with a self/group heal/defensive would be leagues better usefulness and also stay on theme than the AE dd/stun. The proc seemed to be the polarizing issue but it could have tuned down to even a mid level priest gheal or had proc rate nerfed and would be better than current. Food for thought, thank you.

Any chance we could revisit armorers bp proc? Staying with a self/group heal/defensive would be leagues better usefulness and also stay on theme than the AE dd/stun. The proc seemed to be the polarizing issue but it could have tuned down to even a mid level priest gheal or had proc rate nerfed and would be better than current. Food for thought, thank you.
I don't consider the change to be written in stone. Other ideas that I have:
  • reduce the proc rate, or
  • change to a group HoT, or
  • create a cooldown timer (similar effect as reducing proc rate)

Impediments to my plan include the feedback that people feel Armorer is too easy, and that in general group healing procs are super strong.

I'm willing to admit that me nerfing this item may have been a bit heavy handed (although I do like color slam). I will think more on how this can be kept useful.

I'm willing to admit that me nerfing this item may have been a bit heavy handed (although I do like color slam). I will think more on how this can be kept useful.
What I dislike about the change is Armorer’s was one of the few tank bp’s that had a non-detrimental proc on it. For detrimental, you can put on saitha bp, custo bp, uneven, north abyss bp, first enchanter in yclist bp, etc. For non-proccing or beneficial (for tanks) your options as is are blackmetal robe (quite a few tiers lower), zegdyn, 4.3 robe (no proc), rujik bp for sk (no proc), and glizik bp for paladin. It was nice to have an option to provide some utility. I’m probably missing some, of course, but a non-detrimental proc would be really welcomed IMO.

I retuned this item to a happier place as of a few moments ago. My apologies for how haphazardly this has gone, I've been all over the place lately. This item may be subject to further rebalancing, but for now:

Proc rate increased to 1%
Group heal put back, group heal will have a short cooldown where subsequent procs are color slam instead. Once the cooldown expires, it will group heal, rinse, repeat.

This is the top level concern with BP procs. If you balance an item for it's tier, it is appropriate and good for players at that tier. With different un-capped scaling at higher tiers, suddenly the once-balanced item becomes too strong.

The best fix is scaling the proc rates internally to a limit. So the item feels perfect at the tier you get it, and slowly diminishes in power as you tier up.

My imagined fix is, the proc rate works normally on 6 mobs, but the 7 mob does not add additional procs. This is just my idea.

My imagined fix is, the proc rate works normally on 6 mobs, but the 7 mob does not add additional procs. This is just my idea.

Any change made at the behest of the highest tier of players, only after they had used it for years without complaint/nerfs, will be met with resistance from everyone else. If their gear isn't good enough, why not address the issue directly, instead of nerfing older gear so the new stuff feels better by comparison.

Any change made at the behest of the highest tier of players, only after they had used it for years without complaint/nerfs, will be met with resistance from everyone else. If their gear isn't good enough, why not address the issue directly, instead of nerfing older gear so the new stuff feels better by comparison.
I agree. The complete solution will need to be brainstormed, and implemented in a way that is easy to read, doesnt lag the game, and doesnt break the game. There might be other parts of the puzzle we uncover and suddenly need to be accounted for.
This will take some time. In the meantime, ultimately the item is Fuwok's and he has the freedom to make it whatever he wants. There will be new gear, and someday this item will get forgotten.

An example of a recent complex puzzle we had to solve was the AA exp limit. We became aware of it several months ago, and only now am I implementing changes based on staffs discussions. It's taking me me longer than I expected to implement because other issues related to it were being uncovered. One example issue was the following:

The yellow text number you see is not the amount of experience you are actually getting for AAs. If you are level 65, and 100% experience is set to AA, the "Real" value of experience you are getting is 1.3x that amount. So we talked about this when it came up (after it messed up my calculations for a while), and determined to just post the real value to match one of EQEmu's rule states.

I retuned this item to a happier place as of a few moments ago. My apologies for how haphazardly this has gone, I've been all over the place lately. This item may be subject to further rebalancing, but for now:

Proc rate increased to 1%
Group heal put back, group heal will have a short cooldown where subsequent procs are color slam instead. Once the cooldown expires, it will group heal, rinse, repeat.
Thank you fuwok, community will test. Respectfully, expect more feedback but this is an appreciated start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom