Patch Notes - November 8th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
POTION BELT FEATURE
We are pleased to announce that potion belt slots are now functional, allowing players to use most consumable items with a hotkey press.
  • Players may access the potion belt window and assign hotkeys from the options menu:
    • Options -> Keys -> UI -> Toggle Potion Belt Window
    • Options -> Keys -> Commands -> Potion Belt Slot #
  • For Help
1636092552415.png
  • Available items include:
    • Alchemy Potions
    • Rogue Poisons
    • Tinkering Consumables
    • Modulation Rods and Cleric Murk Beads
    • ...and many other consumable items (571 total)
  • Additional potion belt slots will be unlocked through future rewards.
AUTOMATIC BLESSED ZONES
Blessed zones will now automatically reset and a new group of zones will be blessed every 24 hours at 00:00 UTC.

CLASS REBALANCE
  • Impish Antics stamina cost reduced by 10% at all ranks.
  • Gutsy Gambol move speed bonus increased by 20% at all ranks. This was tested, it does work, but not very noticeable at lower percentages.
  • Rogue traps no longer trigger on un-targetable entities.
  • Ambuscade Expertise description corrected:
    • Gain additional skill with traps, adding 2% critical strike chance and reducing arming speed by 0.25s per rank.
  • Lady's Strike stamina cost reduced by 40% at all ranks.
  • Shadowknight Pet Sacrifice spell are now self target (no longer auto swaps your target). Stamina cost reduced by 50%.
  • Putrid Aura, Shadow of Marlow, Althuna's Fury, and Bastion of Faith duration increased to 5 minutes.
  • Runic: Heart Possession, Cardiac Arrest, Arrhythmia, Asystole, and Heart Flutter armor class and strength debuff slots swapped to remove stacking issues. Resist adjusts were also increased for these spells as well.
  • An internal adjustment has been made to how Blind and Stun spells generate threat. The result for Paladins should be:
    • Spell upgrades while leveling will feel more impactful.
    • Provide improved consistency with threat generation (specifically in exp-group settings).
  • An internal adjustment has been made to the melee-range spell and discipline check. The range should be more forgiving to players whose position is out of sync with the server.
DUNGEON REBALANCE
We are aware of the experience limit, and are discussing solutions.

CITADEL OF THE CLAW
  • Named spawn rates slightly increased.
MIELECH'S LABORATORY
  • Experience proportionally increased to difficulty.
  • Bottle of Ooze can now be added to your keyring.
  • Charmable enemies have been added to various locations within the zone.
WINDSTONE
  • Starla of the Blue Hurricane is now functional.
  • Experience proportionally increased to difficulty.
ELDENAL'S MANSION
  • Merciless Guardsman strength tuned downward after player feedback.
  • Summoning removed from Merciless Guardsman and Uninvited Guest.
  • Hybridized rustcode revised to be less harsh on fresh 65s and lowbie characters.
ABYSS
  • Murkwater has had knockback removed.
ITEMS
  • Learner weapons from the dream have had their growth rate halved, wearing one for so long in the seasonal event was not popular.
  • Rare but not so rare bug with adept weapon Stuck Spear has been fixed.
  • Reclusive Mantle of Shrouding has been adjust to required level 27.
  • Well-Illustrated Treasure Map drop rate has been increased by 33%.
  • Consumerism's endless greed was increased.
  • Imp's Fury powder keg explosion will now hit 4 targets instead of only 2.
  • Stiff White Wool Sash price increased.
  • The following items have been adjusted to give a more consistent player experience:
    • Stave of Mist proc chance and physical damage increased; proc damage and elemental damage reduced.
    • Entropy's Spine proc chance increased and proc damage reduced.
  • Armorer's Breastplate has had its proc replaced with Color Slam. Proc rate adjusted down to 0.5%. Small chance of a bonus proc(s).
LAKE OF ILL OMEN
  • 100% more fishing.
MISC
  • Player health has been added to #stats
  • Guttermage Glogz in Sunken Cathedral add behavior corrected.
  • A few charmable enemies have been added to Yclist.

Last edited by a moderator:
only after they had used it for years without complaint/nerfs,
just like to point out that i got the item nerfed and i never had one on any of my characters, so this complaint is inaccurate.

sorry 70% of the server has to take off busted t11 items that shouldn't have ever existed and wear t12-15 items.

group heal procing breastplates are busted, sorry you are offended by my opinion.

It was moreso "this item comes from an entry level t12 12 man boss and it sees use over any other BP available in the game"

Bp procs have been contentious for a long time. Fae robe, tmap robe, monk spires bp (this item is honestly arguably better than silent halls bp or thaz fire boss bp, even post nerf). Procs just carry insane value and like cole mentioned: they get even better as the rest of your gear does

We brainstormed some radical ideas:

BP-Proc Type 2: Procs when your HP drops by more than X%.
BP-Proc Type 3: Procs that have their own unique cooldown timer.

Bp procs have been contentious for a long time. Fae robe, tmap robe, monk spires bp (this item is honestly arguably better than silent halls bp or thaz fire boss bp, even post nerf). Procs just carry insane value and like cole mentioned: they get even better as the rest of your gear does
Remember the cheese from flawless crystal mail back in the day? Even blackmetal robe when gearing up through the tiers... This post is accurate, and history repeats itself. BP procs in general should be carefully tuned, and balancing these effects should be considered long before massive class rebalancing takes place.

I really enjoy the idea of bp procs having internal cooldowns. I also think having them trigger based off incoming damage taken rather than a % chance on hit is a much less "abuseable" system, and doesnt have weird quirks like fae robe being significantly better vs a mob that aoes 10 times for 100 instead of 1 time for 1000.

Last edited:

So gear with 2 procs on it. One on internal cool down, and one based off some other metric.
That will work really well with a series of breastplates that have HoT/Short duration buffs on them. The primary HoT proc can go off, and then some other proc can fire while the HoT wears off / CD resets.

So gear with 2 procs on it. One on internal cool down, and one based off some other metric.
That will work really well with a series of breastplates that have HoT/Short duration buffs on them. The primary HoT proc can go off, and then some other proc can fire while the HoT wears off / CD resets.
No, I didn't mean two separate procs. Different systems that an item proc can use.

Couple of random thoughts. Do internal timers get shared? If not, does that mean players are now swapping BPs around to trigger all the good procs?

Do we randomize the internal timer so its not predictable? If not, would the new method be game timers for when next proc goes off?

My idea would be; each player would have a shared "BP timer" for all BP procs, and the timer has a 20% variance (can proc early or late).

No, I didn't mean two separate procs. Different systems that an item proc can use.

Couple of random thoughts. Do internal timers get shared? If not, does that mean players are now swapping BPs around to trigger all the good procs?

Do we randomize the internal timer so its not predictable? If not, would the new method be game timers for when next proc goes off?

My idea would be; each player would have a shared "BP timer" for all BP procs, and the timer has a 20% variance (can proc early or late).
there was a brief period where i did this with spires bp and silent halls bp. i also frequently play with a weapon on my cursor to swap it in and out easier for cleave and aoe. on my ranger im swapping arrows mid fight based on the body type of the target im hitting.

currently i swap bps whenever i fight a humanoid monster (bane swap), am tanking a dangerous enemy (i actually swap about 5 items to do this), swap boots / ammo procs based on mob resists. Basically anyone min maxing does this constantly.

Don't forget battle tailoring to make several different types of vah backs a fight (real back, mini back, -aggro back, lifetap back, ugh...if only could just get another rod and just have multiple banners instead of clickfesting those, ugh)

I personally would really like to see a cooldown on the armourer BP proc instead of switching it to something else, or having other things proccing. Sometimes you don't want to be proccing offensive stuff and having something that doesn't is nice.

I don't notice the armourer BP being OP personally but maybe I am just not high tier enough to see it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom