Patch Notes - August 31st, 2020

Gawain

Dalayan Elder
Paladin + Druid combo looks at all other duos from their high horse.

With the pally self haste, that covers everything except mana regen.

My warrior and cleric combo....not so much

Last edited:

Thade

DINOSAUR THADE
Old overcap stat bonus mechanics were rolled into Mythic stats. New AAs are a completely new and separate thing.
Okay just to confirm that i'm not crazy.

Here's what the old tome of knowledge post says about what overcap stats did. Now granted this is from 2006. So knowledge may be out of date.

STR over the cap increase your damage.
STA over the cap increase your mitigation.
DEX over the cap increase your chance to hit.
AGI over the cap increase your chance to avoid.
CHA over the cap increase your chance of landing spells.

The new aa's say:
Unparalleled Might: boosts your attack value as your strength increases beyond your cap
Unrivaled Vigor: This ability slightly boosts your mitigation as your stamina increases beyond your stat cap.
Boundless precisions: This ability slightly boosts your accuracy as your dexterity increases beyond your stat cap.
Unmatched Evasion: This ability slightly boosts your avoidance as your agility increases beyond your stat cap.
Unfailing Reverence: This ability slightly lowers enemy resists against your spells as your charisma increases beyond your stat cap.

These all look to do basically the same thing. Is the old post just incorrect, or is there some nuance here im missing?

burt6

Dalayan Elder
So like why would you bring a bard to a group now? their whole thing is aura based buffs. It seems like they are getting royally screwed here. Like their whole thing is less powerful buffs that can stack with the primary class. now stacking is way less of a thing. Why bring a bard over an enc for that last slot? or over a shamen, or basically any buff heavy class? Is anyone going to choose bard buffs over enc or cleric or druid or sham? compare them to any class without their buffs and they come out behind on utility also. Bards need to be able to spin more songs now or have better buffs or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Draeos

Dalayan Elder
So like why would you bring a bard to a group now? their whole thing is aura based buffs. It seems like they are getting royally screwed here. Like their whole thing is less powerful buffs that can stack with the primary class. now stacking is way less of a thing. Why bring a bard over an enc for that last slot? or over a shamen, or basically any buff heavy class? Is anyone going to choose bard buffs over enc or cleric or druid or sham? compare them to any class without their buffs and they come out behind on utility also. Bards need to be able to spin more songs now or have better buffs or something. But props on the doors in Erimal.
Bards have the best haste in the game if you run both blademaster and fiery, you cant just replace mots, im pretty sure they still have overcap mana regen, im sure im missing some stuff but bards are still going to be strong classes

burt6

Dalayan Elder
Bards have the best haste in the game if you run both blademaster and fiery, you cant just replace mots, im pretty sure they still have overcap mana regen, im sure im missing some stuff but bards are still going to be strong classes
You are making my point for me. If you have to pick between a bard that is running fiery and blademaster or an enc that is "running" Goe + JB + more dps + way better mez/charm crowd control utility? This is on top of the fact that basically buff classes are required in groups now for everyone to not be taking a huge hit. Unless bards all of the sudden get to run 4 beneficial songs at once then I don't see how they compare here. Every other "buff class" now has longer lasting buffs with no range requirement and they can "run" more buffs at once. And generally they are better or at least as good. Mots is awesome, but would you replace Raego with it? I am not sure how they balanced 6 man encountered around everyone having half the buffs the are used to but I am sure a lot of thought went into it and they didn't arbitrarily just make everything 2 tiers harder.

Stonewalljack

Dalayan Elder
As a melee if I had to pick one buffer, I would pick bard. Haste, overcap stats, largest single attack bonus, increased proc damage with blademaster + tarhyls. For Debuffs they do quite a big AC debuff on pretty much every target they are attacking for more then 10 seconds. I know an enchanger can do more attack and over haste with boon, but rarely are they spamming that for an exp group. Their mez and charm may be worse, but they also bring other utility such as 100% death save song, poison cures, and huge resists.

Thade

DINOSAUR THADE
As a melee if I had to pick one buffer, I would pick bard. Haste, overcap stats, largest single attack bonus, increased proc damage with blademaster + tarhyls. For Debuffs they do quite a big AC debuff on pretty much every target they are attacking for more then 10 seconds. I know an enchanger can do more attack and over haste with boon, but rarely are they spamming that for an exp group. Their mez and charm may be worse, but they also bring other utility such as 100% death save song, poison cures, and huge resists.
A top end bard also does more dps than an enchanter unless you stack the group for the enchanter. I mean yeah if you take an optimized group with a bunch of wizards/druids enchanter is obviously better. but in your average rag tag group thats not really optimized at all, bards personal dps will out weight an enchanters contribution unless you just randomly happen to have all wizards/druids

muzakragex

Dalayan Beginner
Came back during quarantine thinking I would catch up with some old friends and relive the golden ages. I can't say I speak for everyone but changing a basic formula of the game such as how much hp/ac/resists are available to me greatly discourages me from playing the game. I feel like I am using someone else's characters or something because I had no issues killing in the old zones as long as 10 years ago but now I have had to drastically alter my play-style just to make my efforts feel even close to how it used to.

None of this makes me want to play with "new people" or make a retarded amount of consumables, it just makes me want to stop logging in on raid days now too.

Maybe if people quit disappearing every patch like Endgames and everybody wasn't desperate for numbers already.

Last edited:

daenar_sod

Dalayan Elder
it would really go a long way to at least give the remaining 5 people who play this game the basic roadmap. so they can see whether these changes are actually leading to something more meaningful or just an attempt to shut this game down to free up server space for some other new endeavor.

personal thoughts are that mega nerfs across the board, in a way that's more crippling than any other nerf we've ever had, are not the way to go about "fixing" the server if the replacement mechanics take an unncessarily long amount of time to implement. the track record for this game's development is that reworks generally take 6+ months, and most end up never being implemented. the end result is that you get lots of nerfs with promised fixes, and then the dev either gives up working that fix or quits entirely and no one takes up the mantle.

odizzido2

Dalayan Elder
What might be cool is have the buffs be truly aura. You don't have to cast them, you just get the stats just like how shared mind works.

odizzido2

Dalayan Elder
Also something else to look at, maybe give more ranks to the companion bound tome line so pets don't scale so poorly? It makes me sad when I see my pet get killed by like 8 seconds of melee damage when I can tank the mob for like 30+

Elysium

Dalayan Adventurer
shouldn't all xp mobs be nerfed considering they were made with the idea that players would be raid buffed in mind

Rarok

Dalayan Elder
shouldn't all xp mobs be nerfed considering they were made with the idea that players would be raid buffed in mind
They were not... I mean, when I played (2003) I would farm Siren's Grotto and rotate between like 3 or 4 walruses in a 30 minute respawn window. It is just now people are used to getting more than 1AA every 6 hours. I can now take those 4 walruses with a ringer (no buffs) in about a minute. It is just what has been going on for so long everyone is used to it. It honestly isn't THAT bad when you look at it with another perspective...

BUT! I agree, changing core mechanics 15 years later is going to piss a lot of people off... especially when players can't kill as fast.

Ceto

Dalayan Adventurer
Upper-tier 6-man content could use some rebalancing since those definitely are designed around a full group with raid buffs. XP mobs, meh. Not so much.

Paxit

Dalayan Elder
Pet classes have taken a pretty big hit on pet htpt and ac. perhaps pet weapons and armor need those stats bumped up to balance them upto what they had or the ability to reach it. Is the plan to use BBR potions as htpt substitute for missing htpt buff loss when not grouped etc with those classes ? If so I think alchemy needs a lesser easier to obtain version of it like 200-250 htpt version and/or increase drop rate and zone that drop mystic ash.

speakeroo

Dalayan Elder
Pet classes have taken a pretty big hit on pet htpt and ac. perhaps pet weapons and armor need those stats bumped up to balance them upto what they had or the ability to reach it. Is the plan to use BBR potions as htpt substitute for missing htpt buff loss when not grouped etc with those classes ? If so I think alchemy needs a lesser easier to obtain version of it like 200-250 htpt version and/or increase drop rate and zone that drop mystic ash.
They did add the mielD which is 2k hp which is super nice. If they added an ac component to that, that could do the make up and it would be quested so progression based.

Top Bottom