Patch Notes - August 12th, 2020

Thade

DINOSAUR THADE
With the changes to stats, the shaman relic stat buffs just ate a very large nerf in effectiveness; they were already quite weak and are now very very weak. Is there any plan to give them some love? Or even better merge them and replace one of them with a different spell?

Last edited:

Dev-Cole

Developer
Staff member
With the changes to stats, the shaman relic stat buffs just ate a very large nerf in effectiveness; they were already quite weak and are now very very weak. Is there any plan to give them some love? Or even better merge them and replace one of them with a different spell?
Our primary goal with hidden strength was to sync stats between server and client; this is now complete. We can now evaluate new appropriate over-cap bonuses that sync with the client.

gtoo

THE NEMESIS
i hope part of the vision is to lower the strength of buffs, and give that power to characters in another way. buffs are way too powerful to not have in a duo situation.

like it or not, duoing is a huge part of playing on this server. this is a direct nerf to being able to accomplish tasks in a reasonable amount of time. especially off-peak and short play sessions.

i don't see a path where a change like this has anything but a negative impact on player population which is already a struggle.
Very much agree with this and with the points Tinkaa has brought up. The buff changes are quite the directed attack on off-hours casual players. I have erratic playtime and the changes to buffs make it extremely difficult to justify even logging in once they take place.
Filling groups with a mishmash of classes was always one of the more fun aspects of this game. I really don’t understand the reasons behind this.

defixio

Dalayan Elder
I sort of feel the ideal scenario would be to make a quest to unlock a buff which clickies for a combo buff that rolls up all the standard buffs into one. and you can just do it whenever forever. saves time, saves 10-12 or so buff slots. Then when you actually group with other classes there is space on your buff bar for short-duration buffs. the game is balanced around having these buffs, so it is kind of weird to remove their use in small group/duo scenarios. as it stands now there's no buff slot room for new short duration buffs to be created :)

defixio

Dalayan Elder
yea man the covid xp bonus + kind lady was a wellspring of new players. new folks were joining and having a great time and engaging in the raid game, and doing high end quests. it was pretty sweet!

making the buffs an actual non issue would help a lot to player revitalization.

odizzido2

Dalayan Elder
I am hoping a few things will get looked at, for example the enc class tome cascading bond which tries to turn us into melee DPS. Like, why? I would have made a melee DPS if that's what I wanted to do. It's pointless.

defixio

Dalayan Elder
I am hoping a few things will get looked at, for example the enc class tome cascading bond which tries to turn us into melee DPS. Like, why? I would have made a melee DPS if that's what I wanted to do. It's pointless.
I think it's interesting, but it's annoying to cast it so much to be able to melee :)

Gargate

Dalayan Elder
Imo the best solution to fixing buffs would be to take all the long duration buffs that the Kind Lady offered and turn them into AA's that every class has access to and make them innate, and just have the various ranks be a fraction of the current top end buffs finishing with the full version.

Change all of the casted buffs into minor utility buffs thus giving more value to each class that can cast buffs and not globally nerfing everyone.

Wont happen though.

Last edited:

defixio

Dalayan Elder
Imo the best solution to fixing buffs would be to take all the long duration buffs we all use and turn them into AA's that every class has access to and make them innate, and just have the various ranks be a fraction of the current top end buffs finishing with the full version.

Change all of the casted buffs into minor utility buffs thus giving more value to each class that can cast buffs and not globally nerfing everyone.

Wont happen though.
yea that's a sharp idea. i had been pondering "what if aegolism was an aa. like you buy it, get the bonuses as an inate, and no longer need the buff cast on you ever". but you expressed it much better. make them acheivable with no buff botting needed, but still make grouping with the dudes worthwhile.

Gargate

Dalayan Elder
yea that's a sharp idea. i had been pondering "what if aegolism was an aa. like you buy it, get the bonuses as an inate, and no longer need the buff cast on you ever". but you expressed it much better. make them acheivable with no buff botting needed, but still make grouping with the dudes worthwhile.
Things like mage/druid ds, won/focus, sv/sss and a few others would require some way to turn them off and on (commands could work) but most things like regen, jb, raego, stats, and haste could be innate 100%.

And to make it so low levels have access to buffs you could just keep the sub 51 buff lines in place with regular duration and at lower levels alchemy potions are viable. The AA version stats/effects could start just above the pre 51 buffs and scale to the max versions of what we've had.

Fixes all the problems with buffing, doesn't enrage the player base with a global nerf, gives people more worth while things to exp, and adds utility to buffing classes.

Sadly it wont happen and the 10 min buff patch will kill player population.

Last edited:

odizzido2

Dalayan Elder
As far as I know the people making these changes have never said what their overall plan is? That probably doesn't help all the people here thinking this is going to ruin the server. All they see is durations being cut and things being removed.

Personally I don't know what to think yet since I don't know what's happening. There are issues that need to be solved though. Whether they will be in an upcoming patch or not who knows.

Thade

DINOSAUR THADE
It's actually really incredibly strong. Doesn't make much sense but it's very good with the right weapon.

Nwaij

Dalayan Pious Diety
It's actually really incredibly strong. Doesn't make much sense but it's very good with the right weapon.
Said "right weapon" (Beguiler's Belitteling Barrage) has no business existing in the first place. And that is coming from someone who mains an ENC for years and has the weapon.

Aulian

Dalayan Beginner
Our primary goal with hidden strength was to sync stats between server and client; this is now complete. We can now evaluate new appropriate over-cap bonuses that sync with the client.
Please take a look at charisma. With the new 335 cap (vs being at the maxd 525 before), my archaic cold nuke does anywhere from 300-1200 less damage on LIGHT BLUE with a glyph of shojar, on higher level mobs damage is nerfed by up to 25-50%. The DPS reduction is insane.

Last edited:

Dev-Cole

Developer
Staff member
Please take a look at charisma. With the new 335 cap (vs being at the maxd 525 before), my archaic cold nuke does anywhere from 300-1200 less damage on LIGHT BLUE with a glyph of shojar, on higher level mobs damage is nerfed by up to 25-50%. The DPS reduction is insane.
I will look into this this weekend

Quelian

Dalayan Adventurer
A question for Cole:

If the primary concern of players dual boxing is access to certain buffs that make their playstyle feel comfortable, would it be possible to make say, a quested ammo slot augment that's tagged as a "virtual class" for each of the classes with buffs that tick up? So you do a quest chain and then you get an ammo slot aug that tags you as an "enchanter" for the purposes of buffs ticking up? That would make it possible for dual boxes to get 2 extra classes worth of buffs when trying to just go do stuff on their own. Specifically, it would let them keep Raego and JB up, for example.

It also lets guilds that are struggling to get certain classes online and active not have to dip into the ringer pool as often to keep buffs up. Being an augmentation means you make a single set of items that do this and you can swap them to patch the holes that are there at a moment's notice.

Dev-Cole

Developer
Staff member
Can you send me some logs of before and after, I am not seeing 50% decrease with damage. Not sure if your exaggerating the effects. Regardless the more information I have the better.

Dev-Cole

Developer
Staff member
We corrected a few errors with spell/melee damage. Fixes are in the game.

Top Bottom