Patch Notes - August 12th, 2020

tinkaa

*fake Tinkerbell*
If this is your grand vision, then rebalance buffs to be less powerful. Integrate them to all classes to some extent (for example, 65% innate haste with buff haste giving additional 15%, etc) or something. You say buffs were always a problem - then do away with them, not just make them an even worse problem.

There aren't this many of non-US players here but now logging on during my weekend mornings without anyone to group with (when there's total of 15 people online and 10 of them are AFK in Athica) doesn't feel appealing. Nor does it, for example, doing Raptor on a melee - good luck trying to find people to zone 586 times to find him just so you can have haste and DS. I have a feeling you'll have a lot more work to do to balance content and quests and spells around this to make this actually work.

Nwaij

Dalayan Pious Diety
If this is your grand vision, then rebalance buffs to be less powerful. Integrate them to all classes to some extent (for example, 65% innate haste with buff haste giving additional 15%, etc) or something. You say buffs were always a problem - then do away with them, not just make them an even worse problem.

There aren't this many of non-US players here but now logging on during my weekend mornings without anyone to group with (when there's total of 15 people online and 10 of them are AFK in Athica) doesn't feel appealing. Nor does it, for example, doing Raptor on a melee - good luck trying to find people to zone 586 times to find him just so you can have haste and DS. I have a feeling you'll have a lot more work to do to balance content and quests and spells around this to make this actually work.
This. So many times.

Dev-Cole

Developer
Staff member
about a 10% decrease in melee damage.
Your total DPS was 95.57% of your pre-patch DPS. This includes the loss of tome of the mind. (Although your DirDmg was higher oddly) There was previous discussion concerning the void between Hand to Hand and Melee weapons for monks. I had originally presented the idea of reducing accuracy for Hand to Hand by 4% to staff to push in this direction. This way it would be just a small shift and then we could reevaluate and adjust again if needed. Ultimately we did not do this, but perhaps the numbers we are seeing now, although being a nerf, are a step in that direction.

Also, know that every aspect of combat was switched in core from codex to AA. Some are obviously breaking (Paladin heals and Bards) but others might need some tweaking or individual examination. Please continue to report feedback and we will look into these.

What REALLY surprises me is the spell line(s) not on this list.
Which would you think to see on the list

Last edited:

Dev-Cole

Developer
Staff member
My mistake. I forgot to add:

Enchanter FT :
2570, 1695, 1693, 174, 697, 1694, 2479

we didn’t talk about stat buffs yet internally. I’m sure they will get brought up though

Tevinter

Dalayan Pious Diety
Your total DPS was 95.57% of your pre-patch DPS. This includes the loss of tome of the mind. (Although your DirDmg was higher oddly) There was previous discussion concerning the void between Hand to Hand and Melee weapons for monks. I had originally presented the idea of reducing accuracy for Hand to Hand by 4% to staff to push in this direction. This way it would be just a small shift and then we could reevaluate and adjust again if needed. Ultimately we did not do this, but perhaps the numbers we are seeing now, although being a nerf, are a step in that direction.

Also, know that every aspect of combat was switched in core from codex to AA. Some are obviously breaking (Paladin heals and Bards) but others might need some tweaking or individual examination. Please continue to report feedback and we will look into these.

Which would you think to see on the list
if you were looking at the parse breakdowns did you consider the fact he was doing ds damage, riposte kicks, and regular riposte since the previous testing due to grimstump now doing damage? this is why the barefist damage is isolated.

Tevinter

Dalayan Pious Diety
i just saw the bit about the void between hand to hand and weapons. Using barefist introduces a pretty substantial risk with a lot of downsides. Nerfing the upsides while keeping the downsides the same and the alternative (using weapons) equally unappealing just feels AWFUL. This is going to feel even worse for monks without access to endgame weapons. Pre-yale, monks have access to 1 weapon that doesn't feel like entirely like ur swinging a pool noodle. It upgrades to a whiffle ball bat with an overtuned proc. what is the thought process behind this change?

Nwaij

Dalayan Pious Diety
ENC mana regen line, for one. No mention of SHM stat buffs (or any stat buffs for that matter) either.
Let me add resist buff lines to the list as well, now that I had some more time to think about it.

defixio

Dalayan Elder
I've watched a monk steadily get new weapons. and then watched those weapons get nerfed, and then some monk gear get nerfed. and now with the barehands seeming as though it's deminishing in power, it looks pretty grim to a player.

Ezie3205

Dalayan Elder
I've watched a monk steadily get new weapons. and then watched those weapons get nerfed, and then some monk gear get nerfed. and now with the barehands seeming as though it's deminishing in power, it looks pretty grim to a player.
A lot of what has been happening on the server is pretty grim in my opinion. Not to knock the Admin, they are trying and putting a lot of their personal free time into this and I really think that should be noted because otherwise it just seems like you're shitting on the server. Honestly, I am really glad I saw the writing on the wall and bailed after the Admin Q&A. Otherwise I would be even more infuriated.

burt6

Dalayan Elder
the quality of life changes are amazing, the monk changes are clearly an unintended consequence and I am sure the devs will fix it. I have faith.

Dev-Cole

Developer
Staff member
There were concerns that the Focused Strikes AA conversion is a nerf to archery. Just to let everyone know, the description was copied from the old codex and it has only ever applied to Melee for the last 10 years (when the codex was first created). The Combat Fury and Fury of Ages AAs also have only ever applied to Melee since the time they were created as well. The descriptions will be updated to clarify.

Dev-Cole

Developer
Staff member
Also

FYI, custom User Interfaces might not properly display five digits of AAs (the default had this issue before we updated it.)

totw

Dalayan Adventurer
i hope part of the vision is to lower the strength of buffs, and give that power to characters in another way. buffs are way too powerful to not have in a duo situation.

like it or not, duoing is a huge part of playing on this server. this is a direct nerf to being able to accomplish tasks in a reasonable amount of time. especially off-peak and short play sessions.

i don't see a path where a change like this has anything but a negative impact on player population which is already a struggle.

Last edited:

garry

Dalayan Beginner
My mistake. I forgot to add:

Enchanter FT :
2570, 1695, 1693, 174, 697, 1694, 2479

we didn’t talk about stat buffs yet internally. I’m sure they will get brought up though
Here's the updated list, then:

Adrecia's Quickening
Aegis
Aegis of Tarhyl
Aegolism
Alacrity

Allure of Death Recourse
Allure of the Basilisk
Allure of the Frilakh
Allure of the Kaleidoskink
Allure of the Serpent
Allure of the Snake