Paladin 3rd Tome

Lambaste I, II, III, IV

Paladin bash now sweeps in a frontal motion, disorienting the target and angering surrounding foes. This generates 2.5%/5%/7.5%/10% of the current targets hate/aggro and splashes it to surrounding frontal mobs adjacent to selected mob.

Last edited:
This post is not meant to detract from the tome discussion (as there have been some cool ideas in this thread). I would have just made another thread but I feel like it would be lost in the Sea of Other Ignored Paladin Threads, so better to just have this one.

I think one of the easier drivers of Paladin aggro issues to approach is the fact that our spells can be resisted. We are the only tanks that are completely reliant on the mob having low-ish MR and are subject to RNG on top of that. We (FWF) often find ourselves using a tank (SK) with 900 fewer hps and 150 fewer ac than me to tank mobs, because, simply put -- it leads to fewer wipes. This is an issue in my mind.

Oh, and then aside from weapons (minuscule) and a situationally cool refuge spell, Paladin aggro output has not changed since tier 0.

While I do like the idea of different situations benefiting different tanks, I don't think one of those situations should be whether or not a mob has under 100 MR, even if it is the easiest resist to lower. Is there any valid reason why paladin agro isn't unresistable, other than "That's the way its been", and if not, is that really a good enough reason?

More to the point, why are we trying to patch something inherently wrong with the paladin class via tome not available until late endgame?

More to the point, why are we trying to patch something inherently wrong with the paladin class via tome not available until late endgame?

Why is this done with any class? Players shouldn't have to work hard to achieve balance vs other classes.

Oh, and then aside from weapons (minuscule) and a situationally cool refuge spell, Paladin aggro output has not changed since tier 0.

unless this has changed in my absence paladin aggro scales continuously up based on the stats of the mobs you are fighting :toot:

Strike of the Crusader
This tome gives the paladin an innate proc of Lightburst(200PBAE Unresistable Hate). Each rank increases the proc rate.

This is simple, not super powerful, yet effective. Should be pretty simple to code. It is consistant with paladin role - they still wont touch SK agro, and will probably still be behind warriors at endgame, just not by the margin they are now. I know they already have one proc, but more agro is really needed for most pallys who are getting to the point of doing class tomes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom