New Vendor Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritplx

Dalayan Elder
Am I the only one who thinks the new vendor prices in Sorc Lab and Eldenal's seem to be a bit excessive? A lot of these nameds are super easy and soloable by many classes and the loot vendors for 200-450pp a pop when it used to vendor for about a third or fourth of that. I am really not sure why these prices were raised so high, or what was the determining factor in this decision, but it seems a bit out of balance.

I am farming for Paxx's charm, and I am indeed sniping mobs in both said zones, so it will be affecting me, I just think that the new prices are a bit out of hand.

Am I the only one who thinks the new vendor prices in Sorc Lab and Eldenal's seem to be a bit excessive? A lot of these nameds are super easy and soloable by many classes and the loot vendors for 200-450pp a pop when it used to vendor for about a third or fourth of that. I am really not sure why these prices were raised so high, or what was the determining factor in this decision, but it seems a bit out of balance.

I am farming for Paxx's charm, and I am indeed sniping mobs in both said zones, so it will be affecting me, I just think that the new prices are a bit out of hand.

If you think those are excessive, check out some mielb items.

The alternative, however, is that these junk items sell for 100pp and flood the market again. Or maybe they could be made no drop and upgraded a bit.

Those zones you're talking about are soloable by a 65 with raid gear. Stay the hell out of them, and let the 55+ (the folks the zones were designed for) get that loot. No level 55 is going to A. Pass on most of that loot, B. Be able to solo it.

The gear that was there is comparable to prices, you're taking advantage of a situation, IMHO.

EDIT: Oh, wait, keep farming them. Then we'll get another nerf like we did when Lenny, etc., got no drop status.

Last edited:
I farmed Lab back when it was just solid pp and good exp, but now the exp is worse but the pp is amazing. I don't see why it is bad if I go in and snipe 4-5 nameds and make 1500pp in 20minutes. Just because its "intended" for lower level toons doesn't mean it is only for them.

I didn't know about MielB, but ever since the amazing platinum from HHK, all of the vendor prices seem to be a bit out of control (unless platinum is just supposed to be a lot easier to get now).

I am sorry to hear you are making more money than you should Felyn. I hope your actions lead to yet another nerf that affects everyone. Keep up the good work.

I am sorry to hear you are making more money than you should Felyn. I hope your actions lead to yet another nerf that affects everyone. Keep up the good work.

lex.jpg

I farmed Lab back when it was just solid pp and good exp, but now the exp is worse but the pp is amazing. I don't see why it is bad if I go in and snipe 4-5 nameds and make 1500pp in 20minutes. Just because its "intended" for lower level toons doesn't mean it is only for them.

The best loot in the zone used to be 120pp, and the lower ends were around 60pp if I remember correctly. I thought those prices were fair when I was actually farming the zone for exp.

Exactly, Xach. For the intended tier, the money was already fine as is. Now some of the lower end zones have the potential to make more money than the higher end zones (I would bet a lot of pp that I can make more money solo in Lab then a group in FR, but that is because those item prices are basically worthless now). It doesn't seem right that the prices of vendor loot off of light blue and near light blue mobs vendor for so much.

The nameds there all have PHs. If you are able to find 4 or 5 nameds up at once that is just good luck. When you are grouping here you can see only 4 or 5 nameds in several hours (and not come out of the zone with an excessive amount of plat after the split).

Some of the lower quality pieces of loot should be reduced in price a bit, but a lot of it is good enough to warrant the vendor price.

You are just looking at the absolute best case scenario of nameds popping and the best loots dropping. If you look at the PP generation over a period of time based on spawn rates and drop rates you will see that while "getting lucky" and finding a bunch of nameds up will net you some super quick pp it is not a sustainable rate of cash generation.

EDIT:And if that pp generation over time gets to high for a zone then imo the best fix is to reduce spawn / drop rates from named rather than letting the market get over saturated again due to unchecked item prices.

That is the thing. The average money flow from Sorc Lab was already very good for the intended level. Now it is just way better. It may even force me or others to camp the zone enough to push out other lower groups. The fact my hourly pp was good when things were selling for 60pp means that the hourly now would just be insane. Like I keep saying...this is a zone that is easily killable by low 60 or even sub 60 toons. With furs still dropping, the amount of pp you can get there (even with a group at the intended tier) is amazing.

Also, there are probably over 10 nameds in the zone. All of them are fairly common too. Back when I grouped in Lab, we had at least 1 named per clear, if not more.

Also, it isn't just lab. I know of duo's and 4 manned groups that go to Eld's and can get close to 1500-2k per hour off of easy and common spawned nameds as well.

Edit: If money is just supposed to be a lot easier to get now, then I will quit campaigning, but if it wasn't supposed to be increased this much, then it should be looked into.

Last edited:
Vendor prices are being set manually for 55+ zones. They will be tweaked if factual (not assumed or perceived) imbalance is occurring.

Right, and I unfortunately don't have the time or dedication to farm the zones for hours to get the numbers, and I also do not know how Wiz and Company want the plat drop rates across the server to be. I know that getting platinum for Paxx charm compared to Felyn's (after Felyn had super good gear and exp. mind you) is way easier. I have nonchalantly farmed for Paxx's charm over the course of 3 months and am 240k or so away from his 1.25million charm.

Right, thats why I was comparing it to myself. I farm faster now for Paxx's charm compared to when I farmed for Felyn's charm (in the same gear). There are others zones and loot that vendors for a ton that I have discussed with Devs privately about. I have just been farming all of the new nameds which have the best vendorable gear, and that is faster than I ever farmed on Felyn. (and I do it all in about 50% of the work [compared to farming for Felyn] that I put in...so 50% of the work for faster returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom