New Newbie Quest Bug Thread!

I took a look at this and there was a bug but not one that should have stopped the combine. For the record it's:

"...a wrist guard from on o' them smelly orcs. It will be rusty so clean it up good with some sand. Then skin ye a rabbit to make a new lining. Get a coupla finger bones or bone chips for decoration and and cut out one o' them rabbit sinews to hold it together. Combine it in this 'ere kit and bring it back to me. Then ye'll be gettin' some armor befittin' a Frosted Berserker.'"

So your ingredients are:

-wrist guard
-sand
-rabbit skin
-bone chips
-bone chips
-rabbit sinew
-pattern

Let me know if there is more trouble!

Make sure the items are unstacked, and you are using the "Abrasive Sand" that is for sale in the warrior guild. I am not sure why this isn't working for you, but let us know more!

In Mistwoods, Antha Silvarum's quest Leaking Undead has a bug at the start of the second leg of the quest. After you have received your reward for killing the five rogue skeletons Antha indicates you should return to her when you are strong enough to venture into Shrouded Isle. You say the prompt phrase, "I am ready to go onto the Island." Antha responds with:
Antha Silvarum says, 'This quest is forthcoming.'
Antha Silvarum says, 'That is good to hear. The curse over the Isle may not dispellable, but we can at least seal it away from the rest of the forest and continent. Even with all of the corruption, nature still touches the island. Take this amulet, and you will be able to commune with the great trees still alive throughout the island. Use it, and work towards ending or stemming the corruption.'
She doesn't hand the player character an amulet. I would also expect a quest journal update at this point, which did not occur.

In Mistwoods, Antha Silvarum's quest Leaking Undead has a bug at the start of the second leg of the quest. After you have received your reward for killing the five rogue skeletons Antha indicates you should return to her when you are strong enough to venture into Shrouded Isle. You say the prompt phrase, "I am ready to go onto the Island." Antha responds with:

She doesn't hand the player character an amulet. I would also expect a quest journal update at this point, which did not occur.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but the second leg of this quest is now good to go. I ran through it yesterday on my 38 Paladin, and ended up gaining about a level's worth of experience. Great fun, too.

At one point, Antha was giving an amulet, but no further instructions. Yesterday, she exchanged my amulet for another one, and I was able to work the quest in SI.

Yup there was a typo preventing the quest from functioning. All three amulets are now achievable.

So if waldoff made a new quest line that wasn't the leaking undead/druid questline, I cannot find it after talking to all other NPCs around during both day and night

I added the second part of Leaking Undead to the wiki. It all worked smoothly, but when you tell her that you are ready to start that part, you still get
"Antha Silvarum says, 'This quest is forthcoming.'"
and then she also gives you the proper quest text. Seems you can get rid of that "forthcoming" line now

If you are under 30ish there should be a final part to the quest. Let me know if anyone does it.

Favina Holo's quest beginning in Athica, Pixie Dust for Favina, can't be completed because the fairy outcasts in G-Fay don't drop the lesser pixie dust Favina asks for. They do drop something called Pixie Gem, which looks like it might be the intended reward for the quest.

Favina Holo's quest beginning in Athica, Pixie Dust for Favina, can't be completed because the fairy outcasts in G-Fay don't drop the lesser pixie dust Favina asks for. They do drop something called Pixie Gem, which looks like it might be the intended reward for the quest.

Good catch! Will fix this now.

Thank you! Faming you up a bit.

The second reward for [Baubles and Bags] from Brienne Silversmith in Erudin is an [Entrancing Ring] with caster type stats. Not useable by int casters (but useable by pure melees).

Sadri Malath - the first quest Art Master Tergon gives to new wizards. Choir Master Milhad does not react to the petition in any way when it is handed to him; he merely returns it to the player. This seems to be making the quest uncompletable. (The other three NPCs you're supposed to ask to sign it all appear to react correctly.)

I also /bug'd this on my alt Liem, but I figured I should mention it here too.

Last night, I deleted an exp-bugged level 55 Cleric called Grinbar and rerolled him as Grintbar. When Grintbar reached level 15 today (the character's end goal as an adept toon), I decided to undertake the Trial of Althuna in Northern Newport. However, when I first hailed Kirlin, Priestess of Althuna, she handed Grintbar a Guard of Justice and implied that he had already undertaken the trial before. This must be some kind of bug. Furthermore, the teleporter next to Kirlin would not function for my character despite that Kirlin said I could enter the teleporter to attempt the trial "again". What gives?

It seems the third-to-last and second-to-last forms of the Underhill Lamp Gem are identical -- both recommended level of 4, Casting Speed Increment 1, same stats. The quest text indicates that the gem grows in power during this step, but I think there may be a line missing or mistyped in the quest code. If I equip the first Underhill Lamp Gem on my character and then it upgrades to the second form, it disappears from my equipped gear and reappears in a bag slot with the improved stats. When powering up from third-to-last to second-to-last, the Underhill Lamp Gem doesn't poof from the equipped gear to reappear in the bags; it simply stays in its place with no improvement despite that the quest text says otherwise. I also notice that the Underhill Lamp Gem bumps up its rec level by one with each progression except that the progression currently goes 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> (4 again) -> 6. This leads me to believe there is a rec level 5 version buried in the database that has never seen the light of day in this fun little quest.

It seems the third-to-last and second-to-last forms of the Underhill Lamp Gem are identical -- both recommended level of 4, Casting Speed Increment 1, same stats. The quest text indicates that the gem grows in power during this step, but I think there may be a line missing or mistyped in the quest code. If I equip the first Underhill Lamp Gem on my character and then it upgrades to the second form, it disappears from my equipped gear and reappears in a bag slot with the improved stats. When powering up from third-to-last to second-to-last, the Underhill Lamp Gem doesn't poof from the equipped gear to reappear in the bags; it simply stays in its place with no improvement despite that the quest text says otherwise. I also notice that the Underhill Lamp Gem bumps up its rec level by one with each progression except that the progression currently goes 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> (4 again) -> 6. This leads me to believe there is a rec level 5 version buried in the database that has never seen the light of day in this fun little quest.

Oddly enough there is no gem with rec level 5. It skips from 4 to 6. I am not sure if I intended that or not when I made the quest.

I will look into the quest text when I get home, though. It might be incorrect, or be assuming that I made an extra gem. The ability to have scripts interact with in game clickable objects was brand new when that quest went in, so it is possible that I messed it up somehow.

Just to be sure though - the final gem does summon to you and allow you to complete the quest?

I found a potential error in the One-Wit Russel quest. I wanted to begin this quest on one of my Project Grin toons to get a quick Evil alignment hit. Pinklum, my 65 pocket Druid, was next to One-Wit Russel when my evil Project Grin toon lied to the man and told him he was invisible. One-Wit Russel made a comment about going into Blackburrow to get his hat back, charged toward the gnolls, and Pinklum's bear pet promptly attacked and one-shotted One-Wit Russel before I knew what was happening. Pinklum promptly received negative faction hits toward a handful of groups that I can't remember. (I swore I took a screenshot of the faction hits, but I can't seem to find it.)

The Pinklum window was alt-tabbed behind other windows, so there's no possibility that I accidentally sent the bear pet in to attack. I believe what happens in this phase of the quest is that the One-Wit Russel goes into a "be aggroed by any nearby NPC" mode so that he and the gnolls will properly engage one another, and he attracted the immediate attention of the bear pet. I don't know the full repercussions of the negative faction hits, but I believe this could be potentially disastrous for a newbie who decides to do this quest. Can this be looked into? Also, is there any way to undo Pinklum's negative faction hits if the One-Wit Russel kill was indeed attributable to a shortcoming in the quest code rather than my own error? If the latter isn't possible, it's okay; I don't think Pinklum was made KoS to anyone because of it, but it sure seemed like a big list of factions to have offended!

Last edited:
I found a potential error in the One-Wit Russel quest. I wanted to begin this quest on one of my Project Grin toons to get a quick Evil alignment hit. Pinklum, my 65 pocket Druid, was next to One-Wit Russel when my evil Project Grin toon lied to the man and told him he was invisible. One-Wit Russel made a comment about going into Blackburrow to get his hat back, charged toward the gnolls, and Pinklum's bear pet promptly attacked and one-shotted One-Wit Russel before I knew what was happening. Pinklum promptly received negative faction hits toward a handful of groups that I can't remember. (I swore I took a screenshot of the faction hits, but I can't seem to find it.)

I can look into this tonight. It is possible that I forgot the pet check in the "aggro me now" code. If so, I can look in the logs and reset the faction hit on your druid. In all honesty I did not know he was even on a major faction - but I can look that up pretty easy.

Back
Top Bottom