New AA: Suspended Animation

I have not gotten this AA yet. Paxit if that was intended and you cannot summon another pet to dps with...I agree.

kinda confused on this AA , in what scenario example would a player that relies on pets dps be suspending a pet and going petless in a raid ? Also im curious as to why you cannot have a pet out when you have a suspended pet if the AA cannot be used in combat anyways?
I'm also confused by this, why would you sacrifice 20-40% of your dps? You might as well sit out of aggro range and not engage at all, or play a wizard.

I think I have a small brain because the way I comprehended the original post was that you could suspend and clone your pet x amount of times to reproduce its original gear before finally losing it on the final revival.

Which would've been cool since it would drastically cut down the tedium of rear gearing and buffing a pet.

I need some clarification on this AA.

If your pet dies, are you able to revive/clone it with gear X number of times, or are you SoL if you enter combat with your fully geared pet and wipe?

If you are able to clone it, that's awesome and I welcome this AA addition. However, if it's just suspend-able until it A: dies or B: runs out of suspensions, why even put a limit at all? I feel the DPS lost due to suspension should be the penalty for those classes in trying to save pet gear, not being forced to guess if a fight will result in a wipe or not to save pet or if you are running low on suspensions.

had two weapons on pet, used this AA and then revived him. lost the offhand wep.

both were the glacial mallets

I was finally able to get this AA and sadly confirmed what has been brought up. I was hoping it was just unintentional but after using the Suspend AA you get a message in red saying you already have a pet and can't summon another. The fully geared pet was then revived and all of its gear except the haste/head items were missing. I very much hope this AA gets better. I'm worse off having spent AA on this as a mage than before it lol. It might be useful once in a while for other classes like shaman/druid that get cool weapons to bother saving the pet for a few runs but even then, it may not be worth saving up the 71 AA for this when their pets die so much.

Pretty sure the missing gear thing is just bug that needs to be hashed out. Not being able to have an existing pet while having a suspended pet really makes this a over expensive /pet hold effect. I am sure we understand the not being able to use in combat part of it and that doubling the amount of pets used on an encounter might make them too easy BUT... find a way to work this in so that you can have 1 existing pet and 1 suspended geared pet seems to be a legit request please dev's. If you have not noticed charm classes can have a charm pet and a suspended pet currently so it is already there sort of.

Yes, very well aware the missing gear is a bug. I was just explaining what transpired and to give a comparison between Daenar's post and how different pieces of gear are missing instead of the same slots. Btw Paxit, glad to see your tome count go higher with those neat useful books.

I honestly don't get the concept behind this version of Suspend Animation. As a player I would have thought I get this neat AA, I can give it prime blades and use it to solo kill as a mage (had the opportunity to do it for a brief period and it was a blast). Unfortunately, us casters are squishy and die pretty fast even if the pet is beefy, heh. After the solo adventure/or group exp is done it's time to raid so you tuck it away (limited charges..20 at best if it lives even half that I would be surprised). For raid you now have your same old punching bag/rinse and repeat until you die, pet dies, or the charges run out.

However, what we got was lackluster. It doesn't store prime blades, fine I can go with staff logic on that one but just by a hair (plenty of sensible counter arguments can be made from both sides). It doesn't allow you to summon a second pet. Bummer, me the mage, in addition to the limited situations in which to dps/rain and variables to consider before firing off said spells is unable to use his pet. I don't think my guild is going to let me raid with them. Okay, perhaps I am being melodramatic, the obvious choice is to not use the AA in its current form.

I do appreciate the effort though even if this AA doesn't make sense to me. Thank you, I mean it.

Yea don't get is wrong even tho the AA is more or less borked and semi useless.. its the first new AA in ages and we as a community can all appreciate the effort of the staff

Back
Top Bottom