More Stanima on Raid Gear!

Crynel

Dalayan Elder
As a tier 6ish rogue and one that has seen lots of rogue useavle gear drop ive noticed a certain trend in the gear...and that is that they recycle the same stats over and over in which i mean DEX and AGI.

granted i have a couple crappy pieces of gear in a few slots but i would alos point out that passed on several pieces of gear due to lack of stanima cause the loss in stanima of replacing what i was wearing would make lose out on hps many times. i thrive on being able to survive over a minor attack boost that most gear ive passed on offered.

for an example i use the Steady Stone Mantle (shoulder) over the Blood Runed Epaulets from versikol just for the stanima and hp and recovery. it isnt the best but its an idea on what i mean.

feel free to voice your opinions and facts or whatever kinda did this to se eif im not the only one who this bothers ect.

Reinhardt Belentar

I have no problem over people picking and choosing old gear versus new for stats that they are missing. If a class in that tier wants to focus more on HP then they have to make sacrifices - especially since that tier was balanced for the rogue hp levels that they have using that tiers gear.

=0

eh i suppose thats true. would make things slightly trivial on survival if things had stanima slapped allover em or lots of hps but still a few more choices would be nice.
hell the belt from the druid in valorb doesnt even have stanima on it and its forcing me to stick with belt from torment thats a large gap lol. but aw well

I think you might be gearing your rogue a little too much like you geared your warrior :)

Yeah, contrary to how i've seen some people attempt to play their Rogues, they aren't meant to tank. If this were a perfect world, there would always be a tank to draw aggro so Rogues wouldn't ever have to even consider their HP/ AC but since there can be times where that ideal group cant happen i guess i could see some more HP or STA on armor... for a sacrifice of something else though like Wald said.

eh

i dont know why i keep calling stamina stanima but it doesnt matter. i mainly like the hps cause it ensures i dont get low hp aggro from multiple aoes in some encounters. my resist are alright but some aoes are rough and i would like to be able to survive a few without being a mana sponge.

as for melee damage i rarely suffer any unless i get on buggy rampage or something so i dont exactly tank anything except mini adds that dont do much damage.

anyway this suggestion was personal view and was just seeing if anyone agreed. if you all think its fine thats well...fine =).

If AoE's are what's killing you, maybe some more resists would serve you better than HP. Most raiders have some multiple sets of gear depending on where they go, as to up their resists against specific AE spells.

Yeah, I've never considered stamina in my gear and I'm doing pretty well. Just stick resist augs in everything and get a dhk/sk charm and you'll be fine. Oh, and/or a tank that holds agro well, I guess.

Setup a hotkey that takes off auto attack, hides, backstabs, turns auto attack back on and just hammer that button over and over during a fight and you won't have to worry about agro except for the beginning of the fight

Always have 1 finger covering your escape hotkey and another covering your constant dodge hotkey.

If your nearing low HP from AoE.. yell at your healers. Keep in mind if you can dodge the AoE by hiding somewhere near by and just run there before you get low HP agro. Its always better to lose dps for a few seconds then to die.

Use resist gear, Have diamondine, etc.

If you die as a rogue using this guide, you A) Have slow reactions B) Suck C) Your guild sucks.

I wouldnt recommend considering auging/changing in stamina gear unless you are below 305 "stanima" buffed.

Also, if sta is so important why dont you spend some time earning 15 aa's and put them into stamina?

tell your bard to play pot4 and use a mod while doing so if resists are that important.. ur also missing ur resist aa's.

Thats a lot of things you can do to improve your character...

Last edited:
Yeah, I've never considered stamina in my gear and I'm doing pretty well. Just stick resist augs in everything and get a dhk/sk charm and you'll be fine. Oh, and/or a tank that holds agro well, I guess.

call on the rogue to tank?

Sorry, i mean to say that all you need is a tank who can hold agro. it really isnt that hard to not agro a mob, I almost never do it unless its in an exp group in elds or fg or some place like that. Just do the evade thing and you should be golden.

Back
Top Bottom