More practice dummies!

high level parse mobs / target dummies are forbidden. people have been asking for a decade at this point and mobs that served that function (RIP Grimstump) have been changed to no longer be viable for that purpose. i wish you the best of luck in your quest.

unless you just want to have a mob to skill up on, i think something could be coded so that it gives no output to the combat log but you can still attack it / get hit for skillups.

Players: "i'm sure its working!" "Nah, you're mistaken"
Narrator: "it wasn't"

I mentioned because I wanted to test a few cycles with various spells up on the same target with the ability to change spell or gear lineups all while committing the sin of being a caster and not being able to withstand sustained beatings from green+mobs. not so much for needing to do 12 hour parse sessions to nail down fractions of percents of procc chances and such.

another mmo i'd played (EQ2 i think?) had target dummies of various tiers which let you judge how your build performed. It was a pretty excellent tool. I think it's pupose goes beyond trying to prove to the devs that things should change you can use it to test how your specific setup with gear, buffs or spell lineups perform.

I think devs hear plenty of "good data" from real situations that folks use to justify desired changes and that a target dummy won't make them move on something they didn't want to anyway :)

Last edited:
I think devs hear plenty of "good data" from real situations that folks use to justify desired changes and that a target dummy won't make them move on something they didn't want to anyway :)
I'm not trying to be rude but it sounds like you've never worked directly with devs on trying to get new items changed / balanced. a lot of the times even providing both "real" data and sterilized parse data doesn't end up getting things changed. Some devs don't even make items with balance or player power in mind, but just make an item because it seems "cool" or "thematic"

friendly reminder that the dagger that gives rogues like +1500 dps over yale dagger and the bow that does less DPS than blazewind bow are literally the same item.

All items are balanced, but some items are more balanced than others.

I'm not trying to be rude but it sounds like you've never worked directly with devs on trying to get new items changed / balanced. a lot of the times even providing both "real" data and sterilized parse data doesn't end up getting things changed. Some devs don't even make items with balance or player power in mind, but just make an item because it seems "cool" or "thematic"

friendly reminder that the dagger that gives rogues like +1500 dps over yale dagger and the bow that does less DPS than blazewind bow are literally the same item.

All items are balanced, but some items are more balanced than others.
yea i was saying that but nicely. they won't make a change with precise data that they weren't willing to make to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom