Mining has been revamped!

hope this is the place to ask, but where can i get a pick axe?? im a lvl 4 cleric and it seems that blacksmithing is the way to go seeing how i can wear plate

Ezekio said:
hope this is the place to ask, but where can i get a pick axe?? im a lvl 4 cleric and it seems that blacksmithing is the way to go seeing how i can wear plate

South Newport - Nisbul - LOC +203, -172, 3 - Daytime Only! Picks, Molds, Books & basic components
South Newport - Merchant Kandim - Under the Southern Docks Nighttime Only! Any Faction Picks, Molds, Books & basic components

I think the new mining concept is great!  However I’m having a really hard time mining Silver.  It appears that it’s only available in Blackburrow.  I’ve actually found it easier to mine Dalium, Obsidian and even Warpmetal.  Any chance in getting something like Sadri Malath converted to silver only, Iron is everywhere already?  Is there some new silver mining zone that hasn’t been found yet?

superwig said:
I think the new mining concept is great! However I’m having a really hard time mining Silver. It appears that it’s only available in Blackburrow. I’ve actually found it easier to mine Dalium, Obsidian and even Warpmetal. Any chance in getting something like Sadri Malath converted to silver only, Iron is everywhere already? Is there some new silver mining zone that hasn’t been found yet?

There is a lot of silver mining places, actually.

superwig said:
I think the new mining concept is great! However I’m having a really hard time mining Silver. It appears that it’s only available in Blackburrow. I’ve actually found it easier to mine Dalium, Obsidian and even Warpmetal. Any chance in getting something like Sadri Malath converted to silver only, Iron is everywhere already? Is there some new silver mining zone that hasn’t been found yet?

I'm having the same problem. I have checked the following places for silver: OSM, Steamfont, Sundred, Thurgadin, EF, around Halas(in and outside of), Halls of Mielech, Black Burrow.

Black Burrow had a few...I exhausted all the mines in less than 10 minutes and received 3 silver ores...I have been told The Goblin caves in Heartlands have silver as well...However, at level 42, that's too much of a challenge for me to try and fight and mine at the same time. BTW, I'm a 250 miner, with +5 to mining.

I need silver to skill up in Blacksmithing. I just find it odd that I can get high end smithing ores far more easily than the silver ores. Maybe swapping Mielech and Heartlands...I found only Dalium in Mielech? :psyduck:

BB has a lot more veins as of now. But yes, there are places with silver, you're just not exploring them. There are over 40 mineable zones in the game, I doubt you've been to even 10.

Thanks! And nope, only been to 8 in a 4 hour span this afternoon...and I have yet to have time to check up on new mineable spots, just went to the already known. Given time, I'm sure I'll find them; just good to be reassured that they are indeed out there.

I tested for a few hours last night, and here some information I gathered: (250 mining skill, 258 with +8 in items)

Western Wastelands: This zone has significant ore deposits.
Unfortunately there are no ore deposits to be found in the wyvern tunnels.

Siren's Grotto entrance: 100 x Rock Lump, 5 x Dalium Ore

Faentharc Woods: This zone is rich in ore.
Ore deposits seem scarce and spread out.

Gemathian mines: 100 x Rock Lump, no ore found.

Everchill Caverns: This zone has almost no ore deposits.
I was only able to mine a bit at the entrance- I tried to move in a bit and was agro'd by two orcs that chased me to 5% health before I zoned out.

Near zone in with orc miners: 42 x Rock Lump, 5 x Mithril ore

Heartland Plataue: This zone is extremely rich in ore.
Alright place if you are a high adventuring-level miner, and do not mind destroying a bunch of crap to get some Mithril & Dalium Ore.

Goblin mines: 100 x Rock Lump, 13 x Carbonite Ore (?), 8 x Mithril Ore, 4 x Dalium Ore

Eastern Badlands: This zone is extremely rich in ore.
I would probably mine here if I needed Silver ore, so it is too bad that I currently do not.

Underpath along the way to King's Pass: 100 x Rock Lump, 13 x Silver Ore, 3 x Ghostmetal Ore
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At first glance, this change seemed it would make mining specific ore easier, however, it looks like this change currently only spreads out the miners & the ore. Either I destroy/drop/sell the ore I do not need, or I destroy/drop/sell the Rock Lumps I do not need. Rock Lumps sell for 2s2c each, so I would prefer an auto-destroy option for them- is there some RP reason i carry these rocks with me?

Skilling up in blacksmithing from 185-195 will take me roughly 90 stacks of mithril ore. With the old way of mining I could have mined & saved the highest quality of ore for the future while picking the mithril ore that I use now, and picking the lower quality ore to make & sell augments, which to me is more worthwhile as a blacksmith & a miner.

I suppose I just have not found a zone with my specific ores that I will use, although it may be more worthwhile to hang up my mining pick again and continue to buy the ore, as gathering the mithril that I will need for my last 10 skill ups (in mithril armor) will take me a very long time.

SoDPlayer said:
Heartland Plataue: This zone is extremely rich in ore.
Alright place if you are a high adventuring-level miner, and do not mind destroying a bunch of crap to get some Mithril & Dalium Ore.

Goblin mines: 100 x Rock Lump, 13 x Carbonite Ore (?), 8 x Mithril Ore, 4 x Dalium Ore

The carbonite is for a side quest in the MQ.

Having tried the new changes to mining a lil, I cant say I liked em.

For someone starting with SoD, Id recomend to stay away from tradeskills untill your at least level 50+, and/or someone twinks you.
The sheer volume and weight of the needed ore is too large. Unless your twinked out, you just dont have the strength to carry the needed ore to skill up blacksmithing at a decent rate. (shure, you can fill one bag, walk back to city to make stuff, rince n repeat, but thats gonna get Real tedious when you need like 10 000 - 20 000 ore to make armor you want to use...)

To me tradeskills is a essential part of the game, it makes me sad to see it turning towards an eliteist hobby for the 65's.

Xor said:
To me tradeskills is a essential part of the game, it makes me sad to see it turning towards an eliteist hobby for the 65's.

Yes, I agree, and forgive me for this off-topic: this is why I am upset about greymoss being so uncommon when it is one third of the farmed components for a sub component of a recipe! And it is used to make (now) level 30 recommended armor? As a skilled 205-250 tailor?? Argh. I am not asking my last 65 skill ups in tailoring to be easy- I am asking for more recipes and to please even out the components; a balance of the drop rate for the hides & ointment components- it would stop making everyone that is high enough level to farm DN & FR rich from us tailors while we take a severe cut in profits except for the level 65 "eliteist ..hobbiers" simply aiming for 250 to make the best and only the best. :dance:

..but, this thread is about mining, so:

Please make it easier to mine specific types of ore- perhaps mining skill could come in play here, making a skill 250 miner able to mine mithril more efficiently from the rocks.

I also think it is way too easy to get 250 in mining! As I had said in another thread: I was 250 in mining before I was 100 in blacksmithing. I feel this could use some balancing.

For my blacksmithing skill, I require 90 stacks of mithril ore for skill ups 185-195- anyone want to take a guess how many pain-staking hours of mind-numbing mining this will take with the current system? Too many, and I consider myself patient.

SoDPlayer said:
For my blacksmithing skill, I require 90 stacks of mithril ore for skill ups 185-195- anyone want to take a guess how many pain-staking hours of mind-numbing mining this will take with the current system?  Too many, and I consider myself patient.

Somewhat less than it would have taken you with the old system, since Wiz said that the mining rate of the ores was increased with the change.

The problem is, once you have finished with mithril, you will have mined none of the warp or ghost metal you need to continue along the way, whereas with the old system you'd have some (not a whole lot relatively, but some) of the next ores you would need to progress.

As I mentioned earlier, I think the big problem is that there will not be nearly as many higher-skilled people selling/giving the ore you need to progress since they won't be mining it along with the higher level ores they actually use, and you'll have to mine much more of it yourself.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
Somewhat less than it would have taken you with the old system, since Wiz said that the mining rate of the ores was increased with the change.

No. I thought so too, until I read agean what he said:
Wiz said:
The rates were already increased with this patch. You get more rare metals compared to other stuff.

He said nothing of weither or not the mining rate of metal has gone up or down, compared to how it was before the changes.
-just that we get less junk than he originally intended to feed us..

I suppose "less junk" depends on your level and the place you're mining or something... At skill 20-25ish in Surefall, I get about 2/3 the amount of iron I used to. :( If that diminution is noticeable at all skill levels, then I understand why some people are annoyed.

awsome, less rock, at 120 i think im at now in mining, i get 6 stacks of ore and bout 12 - 20 rock

Back
Top Bottom