Microsoft Defender

Meand

Dalayan Beginner
Hi dad and I are on Microsoft Defender/ Windows 10 and have had no issue with Shards. Dad tried to log in today and a new patcher tried to download. Defender immediately batted it off as a Trojan. I tried after to log in with same results (defender / windows 10) Any ideas whats going on?

Hi dad and I are on Microsoft Defender/ Windows 10 and have had no issue with Shards. Dad tried to log in today and a new patcher tried to download. Defender immediately batted it off as a Trojan. I tried after to log in with same results (defender / windows 10) Any ideas whats going on?
The trojan notification is a false positive from Windows. I haven't experienced this myself, but @Taryth has suggested that people whitelist the SoD patcher so that Windows Defender will ignore it. He provided this link in Discord for players to do just that. You'll want to add an exception for sodpatcher.exe specifically. Hope this helps!

If it's already flagged it as a Trojan you likely won't have the file anymore. Going to have to temporarily disable it to download the patcher again, then exclude it, then re-enable it again.

Should hopefully be cleared up now - M$ accepted my explanation as to it being a false positive and it should be removed as malware. That said, I won't be surprised at all if we have to play that game every new patcher release. At least I know how to do it now.

Back
Top Bottom