Malath and taldorians

mechkl

Dalayan Elder
Since malath currently has no zone or diety aug would it be a stretch to ask that maybe level 65 taldorians could pretition to get a deity reset or change? I mean i understand joining a deity without and aug by choice, but these characters are literally forced to this deity for good reason due to lore, but it gimps the entire race for the classes then can shoose compared to the other races that get to choose. Dont get me wrong malath would be cool to force all the frogs into if it wasnt removed and if the aug was ever finished but as of now its not really fair to newer characters as the super old talds werent forced to due this.

If you think a lack of an aug gimps someone you are putting way way too much importance on it

what super old talds weren't forced into malath?

all frogs as far as im aware are malath.

I think the entire diety system is too rigid. I'd be in favor of adding quests that allow players to revert to unsworn, and/or regain acceptance by gods they have killed mobs from (delete all items from said plane and/or just make their use illegal to prevent exploit). Make the quests however tedious and terrible you want to ensure 'traditional' methods are obviously superior.

Obviously nothing from a diety will really make or break a character and anyone can do anything in the game without any diety bonus or aug, but I fail to see the benefit of making re-dos impossible. Lots of people get locked out of their choice diety because of weird situations (like OP) or more commonly just because they didn't realize how everything worked before killing a mob in the wrong place.

Its just not fun to realize you have unknowingly and permanently removed an irreplaceable benefit from your character however small that benefit may be. It seems like one of those hardcore oldschool EQ philosophies that the server seems to have been moving away from for a while now.

Alternatively, add in an aug for poriah and maybe a way to max spec (this seems less likely and less desirable to me)

Obviously nothing from a diety will really make or break a character and anyone can do anything in the game without any diety bonus or aug, but I fail to see the benefit of making re-dos impossible.

I agree, and I never thought the current system made sense even from a lore perspective. Dalayan Gods range from whimsical, to infinitely patient, to blindly violent, to coldly manipulative. Doesn't it makes sense Shiritri would be all down with mortals who said "maybe i want to give up the stern lawabiding biblethumping Malath and just do my own thing"? In turn, wouldn't Malath offer a benevolent hand to mortals who "came back to the light" and shed their worship of entropy or Marlow's sadistic reinterpretations and manipulations of reality?

iono just seems like "re-dos" and "do-overs" make more sense than not having them.

Yeah I figured I was chaotic and evil so by killing anything and everything in my path to glory I was doing right. Since when does the chaotic evil god care if I kill a few of his minions.

Yeah I figured I was chaotic and evil so by killing anything and everything in my path to glory I was doing right. Since when does the chaotic evil god care if I kill a few of his minions.

and if you can kill them, then they were weak and unworthy anyway so really, you're doing your god a favor

Does make sense that if u killed a chaotic evil gods underling for shits and giggles and then were like "hey this is a pretty cool place though" i bet this blood will wash right out. i dont thing a deity would turn down the opportunity to acquire someone who has already proven themselves stronger then his older now dead crew.

And a certain good god is all about redemption if i remember correctly... cause one of the mobs in their plane is an "ex"-necromancer... or reformed whatever u wanna call it.

And a certain good god is all about redemption if i remember correctly... cause one of the mobs in their plane is an "ex"-necromancer... or reformed whatever u wanna call it.
You call him a redeemed shadowknight, I call him a traitor to Marlow.

Could have 'traitors' to certain gods flagged KOS to willing 'bounty hunters' who work for the aforementioned gods. Could be PC or NPC!

Just a lil' bit of PvP for fun. Might help add some spice to the raid competition game, too!

Could have 'traitors' to certain gods flagged KOS to willing 'bounty hunters' who work for the aforementioned gods. Could be PC or NPC!

Just a lil' bit of PvP for fun. Might help add some spice to the raid competition game, too!

THIS IS GENIUS!

I think the entire diety system is too rigid. I'd be in favor of adding quests that allow players to revert to unsworn, and/or regain acceptance by gods they have killed mobs from (delete all items from said plane and/or just make their use illegal to prevent exploit). Make the quests however tedious and terrible you want to ensure 'traditional' methods are obviously superior.

Obviously nothing from a diety will really make or break a character and anyone can do anything in the game without any diety bonus or aug, but I fail to see the benefit of making re-dos impossible. Lots of people get locked out of their choice diety because of weird situations (like OP) or more commonly just because they didn't realize how everything worked before killing a mob in the wrong place.

Its just not fun to realize you have unknowingly and permanently removed an irreplaceable benefit from your character however small that benefit may be. It seems like one of those hardcore oldschool EQ philosophies that the server seems to have been moving away from for a while now.

Alternatively, add in an aug for poriah and maybe a way to max spec (this seems less likely and less desirable to me)

+1. Diety system here could use some lovin.

And allielyns idea of havin peeps perma pvp flagged sounds very abusable, dont see it being a good idea cuz of raid griefing.

I like the Froglok race a lot. So much that even knowing I was locked into a deity I don't really care about, I still choose Froglok.

Change wouldn't be too bad though.

+1. Diety system here could use some lovin.

And allielyns idea of havin peeps perma pvp flagged sounds very abusable, dont see it being a good idea cuz of raid griefing.

Was mostly done out of humor, but wasn't meant to be perma pvp flagged vs. everybody, but only to willing bounty hunters (who have to follow the God that was spurned). Could be NPCs that just jump you when you're least expecting it! But, a little bit of PC interaction would be fun too.

Back
Top Bottom