Main Quest Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernat said:
There is an issue with the Spectre of Corruption part. I'm not sure of teh cause, but I have ideas.

The fact is that I pulled 4 shades. I killed them all and got only 1 quest message. Maybe it was because my pet killed 3 of them, or because you need to pull one, kill it, pull another, kill it, and repeat.

Anyways I'll have to wait until I find some more unless a kind GM pops one for me (I had the help of a tracker and now I'm only missing 1).

Pet kills don't count.

purefyre said:
Although one could have their logs on the lore questions are not repeated if needed when one LDs and hails them. This makes it frustrating to continue unless one have a good memory of the last question.

What do you mean? The quizes are both set up specifically to repeat the questions. Can you name a question that isn't repeated? I tested it several times over and didn't find any that weren't.

Foolra said:
Pet kills don't count.

There are only 2 solutions you can justify. Make Pet kills count, or make every pet kill in entire game not count. Everything else killed by a pet counts as exp for character, why not this for quest. Or you can take the other point, and say "pet kills shouldnt count for anything in game."

Obviously im pushing the 2 extreme points here, but your answer must be better than "they dont count." Without trying to be a hardass, a good CR rep would have said something along the lines of "there are currently issues with the coding. As much as we want pets to count as kills towards quest goals we cannot achieve this at the moment and are striving towards the goal."

Your answer is basically a fuck you.

HighLife said:
Foolra said:
Pet kills don't count.

There are only 2 solutions you can justify. Make Pet kills count, or make every pet kill in entire game not count. Everything else killed by a pet counts as exp for character, why not this for quest. Or you can take the other point, and say "pet kills shouldnt count for anything in game."

Obviously im pushing the 2 extreme points here, but your answer must be better than "they dont count." Without trying to be a hardass, a good CR rep would have said something along the lines of "there are currently issues with the coding. As much as we want pets to count as kills towards quest goals we cannot achieve this at the moment and are striving towards the goal."

I didn't design the quest. I was just answering his question as someone who has done the quest and experienced "Pet kills not counting" first hand.

Thanks for being cool about it and all.

HighLife said:
Foolra said:
Pet kills don't count.

It's not possible to make pet kills count right now, if you want a straight answer. The kill is given to the person that makes the killing blow. So my suggestion for now is to make the killing blow on the spectre if you want to get credit.

/\/\/\/\/\ See, answer people would like to hear. Thanks X.

I didn't design the quest. I was just answering his question as someone who has done the quest and experienced "Pet kills not counting" first hand.

I got my part done. I'm not worried about it. I just saw someone asking how for the first time in the game their pet killing something doesnt count, how they waited (I asked him) for 3hours to get the spawns, and then misses out by 1 because of the pet bug. Instead of asking, you just give the "sorry it dont work."

Wiz, looking for someone who can subdue the masses ?

HighLife said:
/\/\/\/\/\ See, answer people would like to hear. Thanks X.

I got my part done. I'm not worried about it. I just saw someone asking how for the first time in the game their pet killing something doesnt count, how they waited (I asked him) for 3hours to get the spawns, and then misses out by 1 because of the pet bug. Instead of asking, you just give the "sorry it dont work."

Wiz, looking for someone who can subdue the masses ?

Bernat asked why, after killing 4 spectres, he didn't have all four flags. I answered why. If I knew the exact coding reason for it, I would have given it. In the future I won't attempt to help, I'll just yell at people that do.

You made no effort to help. You just told him something he/I/we already realized. I dont even know why im yelling. I dont even know if I am yelling. When times are desperate, people dont want to know that they fucked up ...(pets dont count)...they want to know why they were wrong/what they can do (pets apparently dont work try killing solo we will work on the code).

You're skating on thin ice, HighLife. There is simply no reason for you to be such a dick to Foolra.

Just a suggestion:

Could "a murdered guardsman" be place a bit further away from surrounding mobs? They're too close :D. (I would give more details but I don't want to spoil anyone's fun)

Bernat said:
Just a suggestion:

Could "a murdered guardsman" be place a bit further away from surrounding mobs? They're too close :D. (I would give more details but I don't want to spoil anyone's fun)

I've done this portion of the quest and I'm not sure what you're talking about. I was able to single pull them one at a time and they aren't near any mobs at all. When I was near them they were the only thing on track. Unless they spawn somewhere other than where I killed them.

A couple days ago i finished the main quest as far as it could go atm, and i must say this is one of the best quests i have ever done.

The one thing that makes a quest truly emmersive is the fact that you feel like you are having an effect on the world. Most quests give you the feeling that you are one of many, all doing the same monotomous task that has been set before you by Mob_01... This quest does a great job at minimizing that effect by giving the quester the most important thing you can... choice.

The choices you make in the quest give you a feeling that you really do have an effect, and force you to really think about what decision will end up where. It brings an emotional aspect into the formula, instead of "Go kill mob A and bring me back his lucky muffin", you have to DECIDE wether or not to kill mob A. Maybe you shoudl ask him nicely, or maybe threaten him, or maybe kill him.... but whatever you choose you know that there are consiquences, and that is what so far makes this quest unique. As a side effect, the choice system spreads characters out, so you are less likely to find someone doing the same quest you are, helping again with emmersion and a feeling of epicness.

Anyway, i could keep going for another hour about all the things that have made this quest that much different, but Il cut it off here. My suggestion would be tio keep impressing on the questee the importance of what he/she is doing, give him choices on even the smallest of quest branch, and make sure you keep the grandeur in each objective.

Atomicated said:
Bernat said:
Just a suggestion:

I've done this portion of the quest and I'm not sure what you're talking about. I was able to single pull them one at a time and they aren't near any mobs at all. When I was near them they were the only thing on track. Unless they spawn somewhere other than where I killed them.
[spoil]They spawn one step away from "an undead highkeep guard" (name?)[/spoil]

It's just that I see them standing too close :). I see no reason for both mobs to be at the same huts, or at least to be on the same spots. There's room for all of them inside there :).

:brow:
Spoiler:

I didn't see any of those last night. They appear to spawn in at least the first two little hut dealies all by themselves. I didn't even know there were highpass guards in EBL.

HighLife, if you ever act up like this again to another poster, staffer or not, I will ban you ass from everything even remotely related to SoD.

With that said, I'm fixing the pet kill issue.

Atomicated said:
:brow:
Spoiler:

I didn't see any of those last night. They appear to spawn in at least the first two little hut dealies all by themselves. I didn't even know there were highpass guards in EBL.
Was it game night? I think the undead pass guards only spawn at night. When I went there, I found 3 huts (the third was a bit far away), all thre had 2 pass guards + 2 murdered guards. They seemed to be place in the same spot, just one step away.

By the way, thanks for letting pet-kills count :).

Faction issues

First off, I'm a big fan of long engaging quests and I'm enjoying this one very much. That said, I've run into some faction issues. Firstly, being a dark elf necro I naturally chose the evil path when the choice was presented. However, in protecting my little gnome friend from his attackers I took some faction hits in surefall (not an issue) and newport, to which I'm now KoS because of the one kill. Had I known this would happen before hand I would have chosen the good path because I'm right in the middle of doing the newport ring quests and I frequently travel through newport. I realize there are ramifications and consequences to choosing the evil path, but it would be nice to know ahead of time that you may be making yourself KoS to the most frequented city in the game especially if you're already involved in other quests there. As far as I know there's no way to fix newport faction from KoS.

Second faction issue: As a DE necro I start out KoS to centuars. I am unaware of any way to raise this faction if you're already KoS and I've searched everywhere I can think of. If there is no way to raise this faction from KoS it looks like evil chars are at an impasse with the main quest.

Anyway, enjoying the quest but those are the issues I've run into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom