Mage Dot line + Summoned Items

Agreed on the multiple mobs, two rains will refresh in time and that is sufficient. But for single mobs, chain casting bladewind will get you killed very swiftly. So an upgraded dot shows some purpose, it's just a matter of how good they would make it without people yelling OP or vice versa.

Um no. It will not, if you do it properly. In fact there are areas where it is quite necessary, and that while pretty unfortunate should be reasonably easy to avoid pulling aggro with any modicum of timing whatsoever.

If you've got say -3 aggroish from what I recall actually doing it for personal amusement, one should be able to bust out the nukes on a statue til about 50, wait a good 10 seconds, bust out some more til around 25, wait another 10, and finish it off.

The reasoning for it being a long casting dot would be fairly simple. Would you rather it be useful while one is using scars of sigil, or of little use in comparison. Swapping them on the offcast is really unnecessarily complicated for a class that already has enough to pay attention to midcombat, especially one that is already cramped for spellslots, a problem that if we have any reliable indication so far (which I believe we do) will only increase come ikisith.

In addition, rather than straight up completely damage. I think a more interesting effect might be seen in terms of changing the dots to respective types of damage to match with the rains (new and old) and have a resist debuff component on them (not large of course, just a bit to encourage it's cast, totally in line with dot weakening). This would encourage their use precast on various spells, and a little more reason to bring one of us along on a raid.

Last edited:
Intersting idea, I like it.

Turn the Dot line into something a bit like immolation, Astyole etc dot + Minor debuffing

Its longer casting time wouldn't be such a big deal, if like those other lines the duration of the dot was increased.

Back
Top Bottom