Listsold filters?

Braveguard

Dalayan Beginner
I know you don't want an elaborate system in place but, as a newbie, I've been spending a tedious amount of time digging through the listsold only to find that a large portion of the descriptions aren't always relevant to what is being sold (if they indicate it at all). I think I have a suggestion that is still in the spirit of keeping the economy in check.

Would it be possible to filter the *vendors* by type of item. It doesn't even have to be specific. Maybe a filter to show all vendors selling weapons... not show the weapons, just reduce the listview to only people with a weapon in their merchant inventory. You could stick with general categories and it would make the function way less tedious without providing more than what you already have.

At the very least I would support the ability to ignore certain sellers, effectively removing them from the search results. There's a lot of crap posted in there at times and people will listadd themselves with nothing being sold. It makes a cumbersome system that much more cluttered.

Also for those who are far beyond needing hopper hide, this would allow them to skip over those merchants also. It's just really cluttered and hard to find anything. I'm not saying there needs to be a search, but there should be some way to filter results by character names.

The general position is that it's not supposed to be easy. It's a last resort.

It would be very useful to me personally as someone who scans through listsold frequently looking for tradeskill stuffs, but from a server perspective I think it moves us in the direction of making it easier to search (by eliminating everything else) and compare prices. This isn't a direction the powers that be want to move in.

I agree that filtering by items would move it in the direction that it should go in, but I don't thinking being able to do a /cmd listignore <name> would do that. For example if I were playing a warrior and browsing listsold, I may not care to see a hundred spell vendors because it's irrelevant to my class. It doesn't hand my warrior the results he wants on a silver platter (ie - no searching for primary 1hs or anything), it just makes the listsold a little shorter to sort through later.

And no...I don't play a warrior main. :)

To work I think these filters would have to be more like hard categories for each listing, otherwise people could list whatever as whatever, and that would just end up forcing people to clutter up listsold more with bots so that they can peddle their weapons and tradeskill stuff and food or whatever.

i use this online listsold., makes it much easier, only problem is comparing prices, since, the price is not listed on the site, but it is 100000% faster then sitting at a banker looking through listsold.

i also asked about filters, they said they didn't want it at all.

The best addition to the listsold would just be removing those with nothing from the active listings.

Only a small gripe with that. There have been occasions where my listsold completely emptied during the day before I could restock it again that night. (I know, good problem to have, amirite?) As you all know, your stuff is more likely to sell the closer you are to the top of listsold. It would kinda suck to go back to the bottom of the list before you could make it to the first couple of pages.

Maybe something like if your listsold was empty for a 36 hour period THEN it was recycled? Something like:

Check listsold <X>. If > empty, then end. else checktime-->Var-A. Wait 1 hour.
Check listsold <X>. If > empty, then end. else checktime-->Var-B. If (Var-B - Var-A) < 36 hours, wait 1 hour, else del listsold <X>.

I know, thats really rough query phrasing, but you get my drift.

I would also support removing empty listsolds.

If you sold everything before you could restock it, yes you go back to the bottom of the list - but how can you complain, when you just sold everything you had listed before you could even restock it? Is it really so bad to back to the back of the line at that point? Because as it is, sure you're at the front of the line but you aren't selling a thing.

I would also support removing empty listsolds.

If you sold everything before you could restock it, yes you go back to the bottom of the list - but how can you complain, when you just sold everything you had listed before you could even restock it? Is it really so bad to back to the back of the line at that point? Because as it is, sure you're at the front of the line but you aren't selling a thing.

Yeah, like a said, a "small" gripe. Guess I just want to maximize the pp potential of the timespan I spend at the top of the list. I'm a greedy whore. A greedy PIRATE whore at that.

Online listsold is an awesome addition. And since the website redesign, it's only a click away from main page!

I like to look stuff up there, and make a note of the names of sellers, before I log in and compare prices in game.

I support the idea of getting rid of empty vendors from the list.
Not only would it help out the customers so they don't have to search bogus vendors, it would also help out the vendors too - the ones that actually have items - because they would be closer to the top of the list.

As for the vendors that title their store "Buy mah sheet" - that's just bad marketing on their part. I personally don't ever consider looking at what they have, and I know there are others like me. If you want to sell your stuff faster, you need to give your title a GOOD description.

Last edited:
If you are a smart seller on the listsold you'll get your stuff sold
using good comments and when you put your wares for sale is key.

A script to clear empty listsolds once a (game) day has my vote.
Nothing annoys me more than going through listsolds just to find about a third of my checked listsolds to pop up with nothing in them.
I don't mind searching, I just hate wasting time on the ones that've already sold out or just post to annoy.

Back
Top Bottom