let’s be real

NeoReloaded

Dalayan Elder
if you’re burnt out, why not just pass the server reins on to someone that isn’t? i’m sure there are plenty of people that have invested thousands of hours into this game that would be happy to take over or have a vote for it. it’s not a slight or jab in any way to say that if you don’t want to do it anymore, please let someone else

-aytewi :]

Last edited:
I agree. I think some really cool projects were being worked on and the server had a ton of momentum and it seems to have…come to a halt? No idea if it’s just things not being approved or devs getting busy or a combination of a lot of things.

This server is a really special place and I know there are a lot of people looking forward to many things (definitely Season 3!). I’m hoping we can get this back on the tracks and right the ship.

I have no idea what we are talking about in this thread because I don't play anymore, but my guess is its about how Jumbers has been systematically killing the server for half a decade. Anyway, I am happy to stand up a new server in our data center and cover all hosting costs. Also, several former devs with the experience and credentials have volunteered to assist. the only thing that has to happen is Jumbers has to let someone else share access at the administrative level. He doesn't even have to step down. Also, I'd pay to do some advertising for people looking for a retro experience to get some new blood onto the server. There is no reason that this game needs to die.

Last edited:
A3863A5E-00CC-4B74-A296-85ECF27E9C84.png

351F7077-8CFA-4034-93E1-D1519953A16D.png

I understand a lot goes on behind the scenes that we don’t get to see. Backend server support is as important as content development, but sometimes letting others help run the server and keep it going in an upward trajectory is a good thing. I don’t even know if Cole wants to be more involved, but I know he (and others!) have put in hundreds if not thousands of hours of volunteer time to make Dalaya a special place. Be tangentially involved, be a resource, etc. Letting someone else take the head doesn’t mean you don’t have to give up what has been built.

View attachment 1158

View attachment 1159

I understand a lot goes on behind the scenes that we don’t get to see. Backend server support is as important as content development, but sometimes letting others help run the server and keep it going in an upward trajectory is a good thing. I don’t even know if Cole wants to be more involved, but I know he (and others!) have put in hundreds if not thousands of hours of volunteer time to make Dalaya a special place. Be tangentially involved, be a resource, etc. Letting someone else take the head doesn’t mean you don’t have to give up what has been built.

Do we know that he's ok?

Hope he's just busy with other stuff!

Some names I recognise; hello to all of you and wishing you all well. I'm still alive and turned 70, just been discharged from cancer clinic after 6 years in remission. Still playing MMOs badly and latest is GW2 which is a much underrated game. I personally would come back to SoD except as I understand it there is no Euroguild left and I don't fancy playing till 4am in the morning any more. Anyway TC all maybe speak again if people reply.

Some names I recognise; hello to all of you and wishing you all well. I'm still alive and turned 70, just been discharged from cancer clinic after 6 years in remission. Still playing MMOs badly and latest is GW2 which is a much underrated game. I personally would come back to SoD except as I understand it there is no Euroguild left and I don't fancy playing till 4am in the morning any more. Anyway TC all maybe speak again if people reply.
Glad to hear you're doing well Nuchre (i think)

Excellent to hear you are cancer free Nuchre. There are a handful of euros around still. Not enough for a raiding guild, but probably enough for a regular six man thing if you get the itch. I've seen Froldo log in from time the time. The most regular is probably Flotte - maybe ping him - he would know who is around on EU playtimes. Feel free to pop in on discord anytime. Would enjoy catching up.

Cheers, -Alarcon

I have no idea what we are talking about in this thread because I don't play anymore, but my guess is its about how Jumbers has been systematically killing the server for half a decade. Anyway, I am happy to stand up a new server in our data center and cover all hosting costs. Also, several former devs with the experience and credentials have volunteered to assist. the only thing that has to happen is Jumbers has to let someone else share access at the administrative level. He doesn't even have to step down. Also, I'd pay to do some advertising for people looking for a retro experience to get some new blood onto the server. There is no reason that this game needs to die.
Yes, please. I've had the EQ itch lately and checking EQemu to see SoD consistently below 50 pop is a real bummer. Shards of Dalaya REBORN (or whatever) would be rad AF. Get that new server smell, some of the old bands back together again, and maybe some new blood. People bored with P1999 would be a good target audience.

If you have adept devs on board, might I humbly suggest a relaxed unlock schedule for planes, Ikisith, etc... and, [inhales], instanced content? As much as I want poopsockers to be waving their T20 epeens around by week 7, maybe things a little more conducive to the grown-up schedules most of us old EQ-loving farts live would be good, yeah?

I mean, if it ever happens, which it probably sadly will not. Such wasted potential.

Last edited:
Am I the only guy who thinks Chainbreaker kinda sucks? I'm jonesing for an interesting EQ rehash - can't do another TLP either

Am I the only guy who thinks Chainbreaker kinda sucks? I'm jonesing for an interesting EQ rehash - can't do another TLP either
Chainbreaker's use your alts as mercs and swap freely between them out of combat thing is probably the best feature I've ever seen in a private EQ server. By a long shot. I would love to see a, errrr, less experimental server that just included that feature and the other QoL stuff. Like those bags, those wonderful bags.

Multiclassing/classless looks good on paper but meshes terrible with EQ. I'm guessing the myriad of undocumented changes they made mitigate the more obvious "this is the best, everyone will do it thus defeating the purpose" combos, but who has time to sort it all out and basically beta-test a duct tape system? If they restricted characters to 2 or maybe even 3 classes each (or created an entire new progression system like WoW Ascension) it would be a lot more vibrant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom