Krono system (thinking out loud / suggestion)

Snake

Dalayan Elder
This is a tricky one for sure.

I recently learned about the krono system on live, and it seemed pretty cool (yes, I have 0 knowledge about pro's and con's with this system at all...).

Thought a system that both benefits the server with more $$, and benefits the comunity with a new dimension, could be win win.

How ever, first of all, a thing I personally REALLY like about SoD, is that you can play the game for free, as well as someone who donates.

So what ever you would be able to purchase with SoDCoins (Bucks, Credit, or what ever), it should not be something you have to buy, or the game is not really playable.

Brainstorming...

How do you get SoDCoins?
Some idea's could be...
You can buy various amount of SoDCoins, for various amount of $$, via PayPall, standard stuff, one time purchase.
When you donate, you get SoDCoins with a bit of a premium, compared to the 1 time purchases.
If you already have donated for a long time, you will get SoDCoins accordingly...

What can you buy?
Some idea's, could be...

The current Fame stuff.
The current donation stuff.
Stuff like Augments, Bounty Food (or other / better), Potions, things you can already get in game, but is a bit of a hassle to get.
Faction fixer token (some times resulting in gate neck).
Expendable clickers like 'Horsing around', 'MoP passage', 'Next buff is SB', ect, with more or less unique effects, but only so many charges per purchase (stuff like that is very grey area, cause here we might just cross in to the domaine of "If you don't buy this, well you can forget about killing X").

Thoughts? Hate? Like?

Also if some staff reads this, and know this is a "No", no matter what, just bin the idea.

Last edited:
280j27.jpg
7Zghw

Right my bad.

The main thing about the Krono system, is that you get a currency, in game, that you can purchase these items with, and you can sell the currency, give them, what ever you chose, to other players.

If that wasn't clear from my post, I'm sorry, can't assume everyone knows how that part of the the Krono system works :)

Sure, trading the currency would be cool but...

Rule 8.
Character / Item Sales Policy
You may not attempt to sell your account, items, or any other SOD data for any kind of real currency or real life items/services, nor may you attempt to trade it for in-game items, in-game favors, or essentially request any form of payment at all. Accounts that are sold or traded in this manner will be banned. You are permitted to give your account access away for free to others.

I fail to see your point.

If SoD decided to make some sort of system, they surely could change any rules that prohibidet it.
But these rules say that you aren't allowed to trade something from in the game, to something from out side the game, as a user of SoD.

This would not be the case here, as you purchase SoDCoins from SoD, to have and trade for what ever you see fit, WITH IN, SoD.
Rule 8 would still apply to SoDCoins, just as the do to anything else with in SoD; you're not allowed to trade/sell them for any non-SoD goods.

SoD has no kind of sub/cash shop or anything of that sort. Any kind of krono/WoW token-esque system therefore has no real use.

Aside from that krono were created to give Sony/Daybreak a cut of the rampant RMT that occurs in everquest, and considering RMT is basically non-existant in SoD(and SoD being a non-profit thing) there's no real reason for krono to exist.

I don't even know what else to say, this is a horrible post.

I really wish this would have become a thing before i sold all of my accounts for Butt Coins

Excuse me, I only play 20 year old emulated games that incorporate blockchain standardization.

Good day.

I would pay $10.00 to make my ranger a drakken, I would of course need to be able to go through the create a character setup though to make it look how I want it.

Back
Top Bottom