KING of the HATERS, January 2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah kk, when I was on Jraul and Apros were going back and forth and last 2 I was in the arena for was 135k and 129k.

it really goes to show though for tanks the difference in aggro control and how each player/class goes about it. for any pally or sk that is having issues this list gives you a good idea of who to send tells to for advice.

i did 115k without help and then 125-135k with one bard.

the 155k was 2 bards and tash, cripple, druid archaic, and 2 warcrys

There is more to a mob switching targets than the number of hate. You all know this already because you have the words 'low hp aggro' and 'root aggro' and 'proximity aggro' and 'spellcasting aggro' in your vocabularies!

sure, but you know as well as i do that these things have nothing to do with the actual aggro numbers. they are simply outliers with how aggro works - being out of a mobs aggro range reduces aggro by ~30% (hence why range have a large advantage - 1000 dps from a ranger autofiring is equal to about 700 dps from a rogue meleeing aggro wise)

player A can have 10000 aggro and player 2 can have 7000 aggro, but if player A turns tail and runs, the mob will go to player B. This doesn't mean player B does more aggro, it's just a quirk in the aggro code

the numbers are interesting, but it doesn't really prove a whole lot other than 1) the aggro debuff change was way overdone 2) threat being based on a mobs hp was always a stupid idea, it was scrapped because it was a stupid idea, and it was re-introduced because, well, you know. and 3) aggro remains a non-issue in this game, which is exactly what wiz did not want.

3) aggro remains a non-issue in this game, which is exactly what wiz did not want.

People still have to push buttons if they want agro /shrug. I guess we don't know how hard the 'haters' were fighting for agro since the first post doesn't give 'gear tier', 'strat', 'number of casts', 'number of taunts', '/s used', etc.

If we really want to see if and where agro is a non-issue within the same tier, we need to have everyone go in with their typical raid buffs, play like they would normally play (without using jolt/fd/etc.), and then sort by gear tier. This is the best chance to get "close" to real world agro numbers.

PS - I would like to add that I think it is clear there is a problem with agro because if you look at those numbers the lower tier tanks can't group with higher tier dps/healers and still be effective tanks unless the higher tier players just stand there and do nothing (or tank.) ;)

Well tier does matter to a point, how ever I remember more then a few times in vent hearing people say things like "huh I never thought of that" when Gares/Apros would list off his aggro strats using a pally. There was an older thread about strats and iirc that alone showed why some people lack good control and others always seem to lock it down.

Last edited:
Paladins who got high aggro over SK's used a spell that you would not generally use for an exp group and could only really use on boss fights.

When is the next one of these going to be done? I would really like to ensure that I make it this time.

Thanks,
Drolkrad

Oh I agree diashan, SK's are amazing single target/snap aggro tanks. I'm just saying that tier only plays so much of a role, the top hate warr/sk/pallies on this list all have demonstrated they know what their doing.

PS - I would like to add that I think it is clear there is a problem with agro because if you look at those numbers the lower tier tanks can't group with higher tier dps/healers and still be effective tanks unless the higher tier players just stand there and do nothing (or tank.) ;)

I don't see this as a real issue, otherwise agro never would be an problem on tier. This is why Deetuth camped Teraptus the other day, picked up another dps and I tanked cita.

Basically you NEED your runic 2 to be able to do anytype of aggro similar to a SK. Paladins without this are destined to be forever terrible tanks.

I don't see this as a real issue, otherwise agro never would be an problem on tier. This is why Deetuth camped Teraptus the other day, picked up another dps and I tanked cita.

Maybe, but I think everyone should be able to group with everyone and at least be able to preform their primary role. I have no clue what I would even suggest as a change /shrug.

Basically you NEED your runic 2 to be able to do anytype of aggro similar to a SK. Paladins without this are destined to be forever terrible tanks.

I totally agree, but I was also pointing out some of the warrior numbers too!

You could change the whole pally yaulp line to do same thing runic 2 but scales up as you level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom