Is a paladin + shaman combo easy enough?

Ignoring T10+ mentality, pally/shaman is actually a very nice duo, work on your gate necks quick, learn the MoP. Gear will be important to any tank, and get mana stuff for your shaman. There are no bad duos in SoD, just bad attitudes towards said duos.

DPS is a real problem for this duo at low tiers, and healing with the shaman is a real problem post 65 until the relic heal. You are pretty restricted as to where you an play. I vividly remember duoing with my soulfire and equivalent gear...

At low tiers especially, the major lack of DPS creates healing problems with this duo. Do you heal with the shaman or DPS. If you heal, can the paladin + pet DPS the mob down before you run out of mana healing... I would suggest and SK + shaman might make a better tank shaman duo. Paladin + cleric if the guys wants the paladin.

Obviously, any duo will work, but if he wants a better play experience, listening to the above advice is going to help keep him playing and having fun.

Meh, not everyone wants to play the tank/cleric, tank/druid combo., while SK/Shaman might be more effective, people also say that bard/druid, BL/cler, etc., suck. It's a matter of preference, and if you learn to hit the right buttons, and play the classes, then anything can be effective. Just saying if he likes the classes, give it a shot!

Slightly offtopic, excuse me, BC it has nothing to do with Paladins. On live and here I really loved duoing AS a RRanger with a BST. Good DPS, nice Buffs from BST and Atk Burg from me, PET tank and Ranger crowd controlls if needed. That was allways fun.

Just be aware that beast, for no apparent reason, has significantly lower defense skill caps than literally any other melee..! It is noticeable :)

Just be aware that beast, for no apparent reason, has significantly lower defense skill caps than literally any other melee..! It is noticeable :)

You are right, but it's something you can deal with

1. keep the Mob snared, allways
2. root if nessessary
3. if that is not enough to keep Aggro on the Ranger, spam tangling weeds and DoT the mob
4. if PET dies, Ranger Tanks, or, if the Hits are too hard, kite it

I dont box tho, should be 2 people.

There are no bad duos in SoD, just bad attitudes towards said duos.

My bad attitude and I accept your challenge:

According to my telephone psychic there somewhere between 105 and infinity possible duos since there are 15 classes and doubling down on a class is allowed. I'm going to make the legislative decision, rule#1, that boxing two of the same class is a bad decision even when it would work (two mages, for example) because you fight for gear and gain nothing. Here are some other bad duos:

Ranger/Cleric: the ranger dies and the cleric is there to rez. just kidding. this is a great duo
Beast/Shaman: you'll start to wonder why they didn't just give the shaman class a better pet and call it a day which leads to an existential crisis
Beast/Rogue: neither of you can tank well but somehow rogue is always going to pull aggro so no BS
Bard/Druid: step off my swagger
Warrior/Enchanter: If the warrior was a knight this would work well, but not so much without heals/taps
Wizard/Ranger: rubbing two throbbing, veiny dpses together sounds like fun until you try it
Monk/Rogue: this is practically boxing two of the same class, see rule#1
Druid/Cleric: eventually you'll get tired of the druid's lackluster healing ability and decide to roll a cleric which violates rule #1
Paladin/SK: eventually you'll get tired of the paladin's lackluster tanking ability and decide to roll a SK which violates rule #1

Paladin SK is actually great, the internal strife and loathing of deciding which one gets the loot is amazing.

real talk though if you really want to be a paladin shaman its fine, you will get away with it. It just means you're going to be noticeably weaker than you would be for a long time or comparatively to the other classes. Summarizing it up:

If you want to play the game and have fun: be a druid
If you want to be a poopsocking raid vital neckbeard loot manipulator: be a cleric
If you have a real hard on for shamans(also known as hate group healing): be a shaman.

Also I hope kero is being facetious when she says all duos work because work and succeed are two very different things, and many of them stop working very quickly. Even before 65 you will get sad playing something like a warrior/rogue and playing bandaid bros.

If you have a real hard on for shamans(also known as hate group healing): be a shaman.
But Runic 1...................................................................................................................... /puke

Back
Top Bottom