I am eating this sandwich right now

Yesterday I steamed some fish in foil and made french onion soup.

piA6kezh.jpg

XPR0OPfh.jpg

yrFef4vh.jpg

holy fuck fuwok i had to log in and make a post virtually sucking your dick for the tremendous job you did on those steaks and skewers.

It has been a while since I posted something.

Last night I made mussels and fries. IMPORTANT VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPKeAPL8WsU

n4kS9Obh.jpg

I used 3 liters of vegetable oil. *Your mileage may vary.

Lb2bWkLh.jpg

You have to put way more salt than you think or this will not taste right.

fixB5Egh.jpg

Sriracha/Sambal Mayo with scallions and some fish sauce

mBXMiqLh.jpg

Forgive the blurriness, steam from the mussels was messing with my camera.

As far as recipes go, I went mostly from past experience. I'll post a couple links to get you off the ground though.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/moules-mariniere-recipe/index.html
Added about a half cup of Pernod (an anise flavored liqueur) and 28oz diced tomato (used canned) to what basically was that recipe. I used dried thyme because it was what I had, and left out the tarragon in favor of using Pernod.
For the french fries, I did a cold fry technique similar to the one outlined here: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/slow-fried-french-fries I didn't rinse the fries beforehand. This probably makes some difference, but I really couldn't tell in the final product. I was concerned about the potential for incompletely drying them and having water exploding in the oil. One time, a friend of mine threw a bunch of water into some oil that I was using to fry shrimp. That burned the shit out of me.
This style of frying takes forever, but did produce good fries. I decided to try this method because I did once, in my youth, have a pretty big frying fire while making chicken wings and I am still kind of traumatized. That and because I have no fry thermometer right now.

Last edited:
sorry to thread necro but i just had to come back through and jerk it to fuwok's glorious sandwiches. man knows how to eat, respect.

steak ? soup ? ok so it looks like it's fair game now!! time to upload some pics... you- the king* of steak ? nahhh no way jose

Last edited:
Homemade deep dish pizza in the CROCKPOT!! Walmart sells the dough in a thin red tube, like cinnabon's.. I also didn't use enough oil

ejwvxl11.jpg
ejwniv11.jpg

BuffyCups !! Came from BarbiCups- usually beef with brown sugar and BBQ inside a flattened biscuit placed in a cupcake dish. this time i used shredded chicken and buffalo sauce. perfect for throwing in a ziploc bag for lunch the next day (stoner food no doubt)

ejwnw911.jpg

Last edited:
"7 kinds of awesome chicken" my friend came up with this one. It's so0O yummy!!

Chicken butterflied with pieces of esparigus rolled up in bacon. Topped with a few onions to help keep the chicken from being dry then smothered in homemade alfredo sauce (not shown)
ejwvxl10.jpg

Brisket !! The most succulent meat you'll ever encounter- if cooked properly. This is a ghetto way to smoke it, but it worked, obviously not nearly as well as a traditional smoker. Think this cooked for like 6+ hours?? Did this last year

ejwnym10.jpg
ejwnw910.jpg

ejwnw010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom