House bots

BranFlakes

Dalayan Adventurer
Nope, this isnt a bot that cures you of strange illnesses that others thought was incurable. I know the powers that be don't like the idea of generic buff bots. But let me run this one by you:

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Allow players access to bots that replace one of the house placeable items.
The only bot allowed is one that can cast spells the owner of the house can cast. (maybe even have higher ones cost $$ as a money sink)
Maybe even a +$$ for Soulbound (only if the owner has that aa)

This offers no advantage to folks while they play that toon.
This will offer the advantage of buffing from that toon to anyone that has a house key.

The folks with access to your house are usually ones with access to your toon.
This will allow people to buff without having to worry about logging in and out in the game of buff roulette.
This lessens the time spent prepairing to hunt.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

ok, now tear it apart. I know you want to! :)

say a paladin, chanter, shaman, cleric, druid, mage and some other lame buff bot class i forgot, all share the same house - ultimate buffage seconds away. afaik the devs want to make buff bots a time sink which is why they dont allow these ideas to come to fruition.

from a player perspective - awesome!
from a lazy player's perspective - AWESOMER!

They cannot share the same house.
There's only one house owner.

The group would have to hop to a house, buff, get back to a town, hop to another house, buff, get back to the town etc.

Still it's much much better than doing the buff bot rotation (even for the minimal stuff (Raego/JB/Haste) and log in each buffer (or character but it's the same in the end) twice because one of your chars is out.

I'd even pay a good bit of money to buy such a furniture in my house!
Also make it so it cannot buff raids, it would be obviously overpowered.

Soulbond would make it overpowered too imo. Either you want easy buffs and deal with the reg ones, either you want SB ones and deal with the crap.
Or indeed make the requirement to pay to get the SB, that way it's another drain for cash in the game.

Last edited:
Do you mean, you go to a town and knock on a door of the paladin house and donate for a SB sss, then go to the next house (shaman) and ask for a SB focus, next door and ask the enchanter for a SB emp/jb?

Something like the Heartlands priest by the tents where you can "pay" for cleric buffs?

If it were desirable to lessen the time it takes to buff a group without the classes that provide those buffs, then the limit of 2 boxing in cities would be lifted. I don't see this happening, ever.

But the ability to play cats doesn't infringe on the social aspect of the server.

But getting to know someone well enough to trust them with your housekey seems like its pretty social to me. :)
The only thing this would change is like D said before: just stops the time sink of loading up multitoons for buffs before you hunt. It's not something that isn't already done, I was just hoping to get rid of the some of the constant log in/ log out spam of toon rotation.

Anyone with access to these buff bots would (in 80+% of the time) have access to the toons also.
The load time between houses is what it would take with this change. If that is too much, then the normal 'hey buff me!' tells go into play.

Last edited:
when I first read this title I thought you were asking for houseboats. I could dig it. Sell me a charter to my own houseboat on Starfall or Sea of Swords complete with waterskiing code. I'd pay at least 200k for that.

Going the wrong way about it..

This will save time for GMs and Admins. No longer need to hand out info to your char for buffing. Less "who owns what char", "that person stole my plat", "who the hell killed dragons on my dragon-aligned character" and other drama related to account sharing if house bots were implemented.

Bonus if its a guild house (bots cost more plat for guild over personal houses) but can cast SB buffs on entire raids.

House Bots = purchasable bot. (Aego bot, Kei bot, haste bot, focus/won bot, stats/ds/dots/searfire bot) (5 bots total)
5k for non-relic, basic bottom line bot.
Give the bot 10k OR relic scroll to advance to relic version of spell.
Give another 1k to increase total amount of characters they can buff at once. (6k to get bot to buff an entire group at once, otherwise it randomly picks X characters in group to get the buff.) (5 upgrades possible)
Give another 1k to up it's duration inc one level. (7 total upgrades)
House bots = free or 10p non-sb buff (after you buy them...), 100p for SB version (to constantly remove pp from the economy, even after you buy all the upgrades)

So, to have a fully upgraded buff bot army:
28k per bot * 5 bots = 140k

Could make the guild version more expensive.

Bot will ONLY respond to the house's owner. Buffs fade 5 minutes after house owner camps out (to prevent borrowing characters just because they have a better bot army, and if code-able)

Then make logging in a character just to buff illegal.

Less drama, more plat being taken out of game = win/win

The reason I didnt place prices on them was simply so others could determine the 'appropriate' amount of coin needing to leave the system. If a one-time purchase doesn't remove enough, they can always be made to require re-purchase every year of the purchase anniversary.

If we're gonna do that, we could just as easily set up buffing npcs in towns, each selling kei/jb, aego/raego, searfists, and summoned peridots. I can't see this really happening though.

i actually thought his idea was the most reasonable. you can't expect being able to buy buffs from an NPC to be cheap.

10K for a no-drop spell you can't get other than by raiding IS cheap. 140k for a full relic buff force is insanely cheap. That's less than the first real charm a guild should be shooting for for their MT. If it were to be done, it should be at LEAST an order of magnitude more expensive.

Say if some sick chance this does happen.....
I wonder how much coding would actually go into this to make it work.

House Bots = purchasable bot. (Aego bot, Kei bot, haste bot, focus/won bot, stats/ds/dots/searfire bot) (5 bots total)
5k for non-relic, basic bottom line bot.
Give the bot 10k OR relic scroll to advance to relic version of spell.
Give another 1k to increase total amount of characters they can buff at once. (6k to get bot to buff an entire group at once, otherwise it randomly picks X characters in group to get the buff.) (5 upgrades possible)
Give another 1k to up it's duration inc one level. (7 total upgrades)
House bots = free or 10p non-sb buff (after you buy them...), 100p for SB version (to constantly remove pp from the economy, even after you buy all the upgrades)

Dunno if I like the idea or not.... but realistically the prices seem very very cheap. I would think it would be more in the line of:

10k for non-relic, basic bottom line bot.
Give another 10k to increase characters they can buff at once to two.
Give another 15k to increase characters they can buff at once to three.
Give another 25k to increase characters they can buff at once to four.
Give another 40k to increase characters they can buff at once to five.
Give another 65k to increase characters they can buff at once to six.
Give another 50k and a relic scroll to advance to relic version of spell.

Give another 10k to up it's duration to level one.
Give another 15k to up it's duration to level two.
Give another 20k to up it's duration to level three.
Give another 35k to up it's duration to level four.
Give another 50k to up it's duration to level five.
Give another 75k to up it's duration to level six.
Give another 100k to up it's duration to level seven.

Full blown buff bot cost: 520k

Buff bot can give the owner and anyone in his group free buffs, but anyone else who has access to the bot will get charged a fee for each person in the group.

But honestly, I think it would be much easier to have buff bots that just buffed one person, not a group at all. Dunno if they would be worth having then though.

This idea sounds like it would help alot for anyone who is constantly doing the log rotation to get buffs from/for alts. However, the big issue that I see is, if I have a buff bot in the house of my 65+ relic'd, ancient'd, archaic'd character, and this bot can access any and all of the buffs that my chanter could give, including SB, for a price, why would anyone else level a chanter, aside from maining? I mean, I could sell housekeys to anyone that wanted for a decent profit, and in time, at least one char in each guild would have one, as well as many individuals, so that, as long as they can afford buying a key from me, and buying the buffs, fewer people would need to level a chanter again, unless they intend to main one. Granted, in some ways it is similar to going to Athica and donating for some buff, which is a common practice, and no harm done. But this would be availible 24/7, to anyone that needed it, and it seems like there would be less demand for an actual chanter to join a party/map/raid, etc. (chanter is just an example, I'm not suggesting that this idea would pick on chanters alone, or even primarily, as i know there are good reasons to have a live chanter in a group) Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom