Having difficulty

Ldoorf

Dalayan Beginner
I have recently installed SoD and I get the EULA and beleave I did it right, but when I log in I still get my eq servers? any idea?

do you use your same login for eq and sod? if so your server list is pointed at EQs and not sods.

if they are different logins then i dont know!

do you use your same login for eq and sod? if so your server list is pointed at EQs and not sods.

if they are different logins then i dont know!
I did have the same but then I created another one and ill hit accept on the EULA then it goes to the Daybreak EQ log in and ill type in my new one and it will just time out

you have to change the login server ip to that of Shards of Dalaya

unfortunately i'm at work and do not have access to sod files but its one of the steps where you have t change the login servers.

Yeah this certainly means somehow you're not set up right here.

SOD wants its own directory. The way I do it is to install Titanium (or whatever) into c:\sod20, and never ever mess with it. :) Then, download the SOD patcher and put it in that same folder. Launch it (as admin) and point the patcher at the folder. That will download the correct content, including eqhost.txt which points to the login server. If you're pointing to the wrong server, something is broken in the above process - do a repatch all in the patcher after deleting eqhost.txt.

If you still have problems post here and I will walk you through it. Get used to using the patcher, while you technically CAN avoid it, when we release 2.5 shortly it is non-optional, so might as well get used to launching SOD with it. :)

-t

Yeah this certainly means somehow you're not set up right here.

SOD wants its own directory. The way I do it is to install Titanium (or whatever) into c:\sod20, and never ever mess with it. :) Then, download the SOD patcher and put it in that same folder. Launch it (as admin) and point the patcher at the folder. That will download the correct content, including eqhost.txt which points to the login server. If you're pointing to the wrong server, something is broken in the above process - do a repatch all in the patcher after deleting eqhost.txt.

If you still have problems post here and I will walk you through it. Get used to using the patcher, while you technically CAN avoid it, when we release 2.5 shortly it is non-optional, so might as well get used to launching SOD with it. :)

-t
I have EQ and then I have Titanium launch because I play p99 but don't really play live anymore, I routed the SOD patcher/run to my EQ files which is from the website I downloaded it, and I get the EULA but I don't get the servers, should I make a copy of the files I use for p99 and put in a different file and route sod to there or should I just install my platinum eq game or my SoF expansion into a new file?

Well, you can certainly try copying your P99 folder to like "sod" and see how that works - I've not tried to go from P99 to SOD so that might work? Your other option is indeed to reinstall platinum + SOF to "sod" and use that. Anecdotally, I have heard you can use the live EQ download and patch that and it works, though without direct knowledge having done it myself, I'm a little hesitant to recommend that approach. If someone else here has done it though, feel free to chime in.

you can 100% go from live to sod. you will need to delete nektulos and lavastorm files (one of the 4 i dont remember which one)

Hmm, if it's that simple, maybe I will just update our patcher to detect and auto-delete those problem files so people can go right from live. That makes life MUCH easier!

for real, im deleting my eq files now to reinstall lol, on the instructions there is nothing saying I have to add or remove files that I read? thought I had EQ platinum but I cant find my discs :(

Yeah that's because we didn't have the EQ Live downloader back in the day. If you get rid of nektulos.eqg/s3d and lavatorm, then patch with our patcher it should give you the right files (I think).

Deleted all my nektulos.eqg and s3d and my lavastorm.eqg and s3d and still same servers as everquest, as soon as I get past the EULA accept it goes to the normal daybreak everquest log in

As soon as patching finishes the patcher itself will close a window for EQW will pop open. Click the [Browse] button in this window as well, find the game directory again, and select eqgame.exe. Again, leave the little checkboxes alone - shouldn't ever even need to consider changing these. Only Fix eqclient.ini should be checked.

From here, you can click Start EQ and the game client should open to the EULA. Yay the game is running!

That never happens I patch/run goes to EULA I click accept then goes to EQ log in I try my account here and nothing but I log in with my eq account and bam it loads up eq not sod
IDK why does it have to be so difficult to get the game to play

Back
Top Bottom