Slot: BACK
AC: 15
HP: +50 MANA: +50
MR: +10 FR: +10 CR: +10 PR: +10 DR: +10
Weight: 1.0 Size: Medium
Class: DRU MNK BST
Race: ALL
Type 5 Aug Slot: Empty

It would be great if the weight on this could be lowered to suite monks.

Azure Fistwraps of Rage

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: Hand to Hand Atk Delay: 20
DMG: 14
Effect: Rage of the Frost (Combat, 0.1)
AGI: +10 DEX: +10
CR: +20
Weight: 0.1 Size: Tiny
Class: MNK
Race: ALL

IMO for a raid drop the ratio of this weapon is too low. Human fist is 13/18 at 65 the stats arent too hot and proc gets resisted quiet often.

I'm fairly sure this belongs into Classes and Gear and not into BD, which is for discussing major balancing ideas in the whole game and not just specific items.

I didn't want to piggy-back on the current hybrid/warrior thread, but I'd personally like to see a post about the current state of the Warrior, Paladin and Shadowknight classes, and their official staff-envisioned tanking roles.

Currently, most people prefer a Warrior or a Paladin over a Shadowknight in EXP groups and even raids, whereas pre-Paladin revamp, Paladins were underused and unloved by 95% of the population. Now, Paladins (with their massive AE and single target agro), and Warriors (with Foelock enabling them to lock down multiple mobs incredibly fast) dominate the tanking game.
I realize that Paladins got a minor nerf to their tanking ability, but nothing is being changed with their absurd agro generation, both on multiple targets and single ones. Warriors on the other hand, are getting a fairly large boost in their ability to lock an opponent (or opponents) down, while SKs are getting a band-aid in the form of 'utility', instead of getting a long overdue upgrade to agro generation, which has remained fairly static since the spells were placed in game, three(ish) years ago.

I realize the topic is supposed to be specific, and "tank balance" might be a bit too broad of a topic, but I personally think the lines are very blurred, if not crossed, on the topic of Tanks at the moment. I also want to point out that this is not a request for SK AE agro, as the SK community knows the staffs viewpoint on it by now. (Even if we disagree) I would just like to see some clarification, and possible changes to the current order of things.

SK can lock down several targets same as a war can. Hate spell on one followed by AA hate over time on another. And for the third your hate spell should be refreshed by then. Then just keep switching targets to cast hate spell. Same as a war would do when he switches targets to keep hate on several targets during a fight. Maybe your right but I like things the way they are. SK can tank quite well and also pull in groups/raids making them a decent part of any group or raid. Hell you can even pull and tank if you so want to. No dps but we SK's leave that job to the silly wizards.

HandsofChaos said:
SK can lock down several targets same as a war can. Hate spell on one followed by AA hate over time on another. And for the third your hate spell should be refreshed by then. Then just keep switching targets to cast hate spell. Same as a war would do when he switches targets to keep hate on several targets during a fight. Maybe your right but I like things the way they are. SK can tank quite well and also pull in groups/raids making them a decent part of any group or raid. Hell you can even pull and tank if you so want to. No dps but we SK's leave that job to the silly wizards.

Sorry, but it's a bit different when you have 5+ melee characters that can bust out 400+ dps on said mobs, 1k agro just isn't going to cut it (Terror of Kaezul + AA Agro). Hence the point about static Agro spells. And my point wasn't just about SKs, but about the balance of all three tanks vs eachother. The SK thing was just my personal perspective.

Anyway, this isn't the place to debate this. Please, leave it to the Devs to decide if they want to address this or not.

Charm - level 12 spell - Max level 24

Beguile - level 24 spell - Max level 39

Cajoling Whispers - level 39 spell - Max level 46

Allure - level 49 spell - Max level 50

Boltran`s Agacerie - level 53 spell - Max level 52

Shiritri's Promise - level 59 spell - Max level 54

Word of Command - level 64 spell Max level 58

I don't understand why the level range of enchanter charm line of spells isn't very continuous. Shouldn't cajoling whispers be able to carm up to level 49, allure up to level 53, Boltran's agacerie up to level 59, and shirtri's promise up to level 64, and word of command upt whatever the charm cap is determined to be on SoD?

Boltran's, Shiritri's, and Word were all changed a while ago during a charm rebalance. The jist of what happened was that the charm cap was level 55 with boltran's and shiritri's / word were added to create a better upper level flow. So boltran's was lowered to 53 cap, etc etc. This is just for info of course :toot:

EDIT: you should probably make a suggestion / request post if you want the charm progression modified. It's not so much balance.

I'd like to propose that Cajoling Whispers has a ma level to 49. Allure has a max level to 53, boltons has a ma level to 59, shirtri's has a max level to 64 and word have a max level to 66 or 67...

Charm is a very essential skill to enchanters and had I known that it was going to be useless after level 50, I would have made a different class.

verma01 said:
I'd like to propose that Cajoling Whispers has a ma level to 49. Allure has a max level to 53, boltons has a ma level to 59, shirtri's has a max level to 64 and word have a max level to 66 or 67...

Charm is a very essential skill to enchanters and had I known that it was going to be useless after level 50, I would have made a different class.

The progression of charm levels is not even because the power of MOBs doesn't continue to increase in the same fashion post-50. In SOD level 65 - 67 MOBs are generally very hard or raid bosses and level 68+ are raid only bosses, in fact a fresh level 65 group would be very taxed fighting a level 58 MOB. Wait until you see how are these MOBs really are before coming to any conclusions.

A level 65+ charm? Are you serious?

Do you have any idea how powerful that would be??

You're talking about charming raid trash/bosses now. Which is so ridiculously overpowering its not funny.

well, i'm level 50 now and my first char on SoD that made it passed level 15.. so i guess i'll wait it out...

SK vs Paladin

I'd like to start by saying i don't think the classes themselves are unbalanced, i don't even mind that paladins get instant CH while SKs get a mediocre DD that doesn't kill anything after lvl 3.
Sks get FD and other utility that makes it work out pretty good overall.

My issue: I've only been playing this game a couple months and am closing in on 50. every single paladin i group with has 500 less hp, 200 less ac, but had NP getting a soulfire, seen a few shields of freeport too, you can just buy that. It seems like i click on alot of links that are pal only, pal + healing classes only, pal + war only, etc, With no SK counterpart.

I'm not saying nerf paladins, and i'm definately not saying to slap SK on soulfire and shield of freeport. But can we have some comparable quests? Sk and pal should be counterparts, it kinda feels like the only reason to make a SK over a pal is if you 2box and want your healer/tank combo to be able to do some FD splitting.

I also don't think SK should be a clear choice over pal, i think someone trying to decide between the 2 classes should be able to pick by preference (good/evil, heal/dmg kind of decisions) as opposed to picking the one with the uber quest rewards thier main can help them get at lvl 5

that probably just made him even more sad after looking at the bracer thinking about how awesome soulfire is haha

Honestly in reply about sk hate generation they are built for maintaining agro on a single mob and nobody can beat them at it, This ability shines in the raid game. I can think of at a ton of fights that flat out require an sk or that an sk makes vastly easier and this is true for almost every zone above tier 8.
They ability shines mostly on autoriposite mobs or mobs that riposite for insane amounts ie corefire where the sk can keep agro without landing a single hit something that warriors and most paladins can not do. Besides, they are adding a ton in iskith and they may make more fights that require a paladin.

Back
Top Bottom