Guild jobs

Mazena

Dalayan Beginner
First of all... Great job with the Newport's rogue guild's quests! Damn they are fun to do and enough challenging <3 Still, I'd like to see more guild quests for all levels. I think guilds have a huge potential alltogether :) When you belong to a guild it has a huge affection to your life and you are bound to it for your life. Dedication, respect etc. Guilds should have more value in the game!

I'd like to see different guilds trying to gain some rule over the other.. They try to gain some turf. Also.. Not always do the quests have to give nice rewards and be challenging! Some small quests with small rewards are ok too, I just want something to do when I'm bored. It also helps getting inside of your character. Maybe just a mission to infiltrate to another guild's HQ and steal some papers that could prove useless or have some information, all random.

If there were a lot of quests and so on.. It would be neat to be able to compete with other players. If the guildmasters would give you like 1-5 points per a quest depending on the difficulty. Then you could use a command.. like.. /cm listtop and it would show you the 10 most hard working guildies. Being on the list would give you respect and maybe some more advanced quests? (Dunno if this is even possible :) might be fun though)

Feedback and more ideas are encouraged.

There was a post about this a couple of months ago. Basically, every said how much they loved the line of rogue guild quests, and thought it would be great to have similar line of quests for every class. I think the devs were also enthusiastic about this idea, and plan to eventually do that, but right now they are busy adding a ton of other quests, updating the MQ, and other activities that are higher up the priority list. They will get around to implemeting this eventually, but I'm sure there are alot of other more pressing issues to deal with first.

Mazena said:
If there were a lot of quests and so on.. It would be neat to be able to compete with other players. If the guildmasters would give you like 1-5 points per a quest depending on the difficulty. Then you could use a command.. like.. /cm listtop and it would show you the 10 most hard working guildies. Being on the list would give you respect and maybe some more advanced quests? (Dunno if this is even possible :) might be fun though)

Only problem I see with this is that there isn't a balanced number of players in each guild (nor was there really ever meant to be; a 2nd bard in a group isn't as useful as say, a 2nd wizard or rogue). In that case, it would be be easy for the guild with the most members to get the most quests done.

However, I agree it would be fun to see some quests with guild competition: ie important papers in the Office of the People, stolen by rogues for blackmail purposes OR if/when the Bard guild gets wind of it, stolen by them to "keep them safe from the rogues". And counterstealing, too.

Mostly, quests that involve interplay between several factions within a town that amount to more than "get this" or "deliver that," especially ones that make you use certain class skills (like pick lock in the previous example).

In any case, I am pretty sure these are the types of quests that the QD staff is working on (<3!) But there's only so many staffers and so little time :( Not sure if the QD spot listed on the general forums is still open (perhaps it is, if it's still up!) But if you've got some ideas, don't let them rot! Submit an app!

Well, it does say "[WE'RE STILL HIRING - Apr 25th]" in capital letters and all in the topic, so it's safe to assume we are, indeed, hiring ;o

Sorry about this, but I dont want to start a new thread.

Do quest designers have to know how to make EQEMU quests, or is basic knowledge in php/perl or whatever you use also accepted?

You have to be able to learn how to script quests using our scripting language. We don't use perl.

It's so easy that I can do it with a little effort, and I'm the biggest code mongoloid on staff.

Is there any way you can post some of the functions available in pseudocode form or something so people could submit one off quests for consideration?

No, because we don't accept one off quests, or any content, at all. Otherwise, you could make a good quest, submit it, and if we accepted it you could tell all your friends how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom