God help us, its a BST thread

Wait Paragon is useful? Besides keeping on CD to make it seem like ur not a lazy beastlord when in reality it has a non-zero but close to zero amount of usefulness? 500 mana over 36sec......... ok... so if ur fresh 65 and in a fresh 65 group and u bumrush it to this AA (when u should just bumrush it to ambidexterity instead) then yeah ur like WOH 500 mana. and at that point the 1200hp over 36sec is also like WOH awesome. past that scrub 65 point, usefulness quickly QUICKLY drops off into the range of "yeah cast it so during the im-on-fumes part i can lifetap or qheal once... maybe, probably not"

Wait Paragon is useful? Besides keeping on CD to make it seem like ur not a lazy beastlord when in reality it has a non-zero but close to zero amount of usefulness? 500 mana over 36sec......... ok... so if ur fresh 65 and in a fresh 65 group and u bumrush it to this AA (when u should just bumrush it to ambidexterity instead) then yeah ur like WOH 500 mana. and at that point the 1200hp over 36sec is also like WOH awesome. past that scrub 65 point, usefulness quickly QUICKLY drops off into the range of "yeah cast it so during the im-on-fumes part i can lifetap or qheal once... maybe, probably not"
It's not as awesome as it was in live when it came out, but you are giving any mana users in your group 1 spell worth of mana every time you pop the aa. Not worthless.

It's not worthless... It doesn't scale well but its not worthless. Even if it was percentage based, unless it restored 25% mana... it wouldnt solve the problem i'm talking about. Maybe thats justified though. Because it would scale with level. I just don't see that happening though. That would be too strong for a group. I could see maybe it giving the beastlord his own effect that restored more mana and paragon just being there for the rest of the group.

Free mana is good mana. 500mana can be the difference between a 2% wipe and a win. It is not worthless.

Easy dudes, I said, "next to near worthless," can we agree on that?

There's not a raid encounter where this ability is next to near mattering, we can either kill it and have mana to spare or our healers OOM at 60% (Hi VZ!) or we get trucked and our mana doesn't matter(Hi Yale!)

We sure as hell aren't killing VZ stacking bstlords for their mana regen.

How about exp groups? Well this is 500 mana every 15 minutes which equates to 3 1/3 FT. I guess that's remarkably unremarkable for a class AA. Who knows. I don't even hit this thing anymore unless prompted it just really doesn't matter.

It's cute saying that 500 mana MIGHT SAVE THE WORLD but the reality is the situation never comes up where you're totally maxed out and that last little bit just might make the difference if might maybe mites were maybe mighty might.

It's just a problem with a game that keeps moving but flat AAs don't move along with it. Some scaling would be nice but where do you put it is the question?

Well I like the concept of % based return. Because say paragon did return 20%, at fresh 65 when you get that you're looking at LESS than 500 mana, and as it scales up to 2k mana, assuming that 10k mana is end game clerics, wiz etc... 2k mana over 15 minutes (reuse) is less than 13.3FT. I don't see that as overpowered. SK's can give their group 15 overcap FT... ALL the time via Vortex of Death!

Just let beasts sacrifice their pet to complete manaheal their group. BAM! CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE BEAST IS COOKING

Free mana is good mana. 500mana can be the difference between a 2% wipe and a win. It is not worthless.

Not saying its a great *class* AA but combined with Vah mana clicky and ToT (or CMal) group heal clicky it *can* make a difference.
On the other hand there are all these completly useless tomes,maining a cleric manual of condemnation(condemnation?!,really?,hahaha) comes to my mind noone complains about.
Generally I always thought about Bsts being strong,getting dualwield/double attack + a pet which deals serious damage + slow/haste,wish my Ran/Cle box had any kind of slow,would
make life considerably easier for sure.

Just babbling,no idea about Bsts at all,ignore this post. :)

Beastlords don't get double attack, and slow is mitigated to being near useless in most raids zones.

It was only after the changes made here that our pets are worth a damn. Prior, Druid frog pets (a non pet class) were doing more damage than ours quite frequently.

Paragon was friggin awesome at 59 and saved my group's collective butt more than once, but at 65 and especially after a few tiers worth of raiding, it's meh at best. Nice to click for the casters in a group during downtime just to save a few seconds but nothing exciting...I always thought it should scale with base hp or mana pool.

When i started playing again like 2 years ago after having not logged in since 2010, I found myself bound in Dreadlands at the BQ zone line. I immediately recalled how awesome Rexx looked inside certain zones like BQ and Emberflow. I was saddened to find out that this is not the case anymore. That said, I just recently found an old screenshot circa late 2009 of Rexx in all his badassdom.

Is it possible to make this the model for elhasaurs globally instead? They look much more "beasty". Additionally, does anyone know if there is a way I can make my elhasaur appear like this through texture swapping, etc.?
amazing rexx.jpg

Hey is there actually no notification that players should go do that bonding quest in game. I've done it on 3 beastlords and nobody seems to tell me "hey you should probably go seek out this dude at some point because its important". It would probably be a good idea to get some sort of notification for them when they hit level 9/15 or something if this doesn't already exist. I know some ridiculously geared elephant beastlord didn't even know about the quest.

Is this different in 2.5? Because in 2.0 you got spammed every time you logged in if you haven't bound your warder (source - level 23 beastlord alt & 65 beastlord buffbot, neither have warder bound). I'll check tonight.

Back
Top Bottom