Gear suggestions

cats74

Dalayan Adventurer
Not sure if here is the best place to do this, or if in another section is, but if it has to be moved, it has to be moved.

Anyway, I have been at a loss for a while what items I should be looking at buying to upgrade my charters. For pete sakes, one of my level 59's is still wearing a leather cloak. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on what I should look to get, and what prices are reasonable. After seeing a yardkeepers shovel on listsold for 400p, I am a bit weary of being over charged for items there.
My 59 Shammy (Apleh) needs back for sure, but proably needs 1X wrist upgrade and proably legs and face
My 59 Chanter (Pefla) needs arms for sure (She is wearing cloth sleeves) and waist (Cloth cord!) and proably legs, hands, back.
My 52 Druid (Sillic) needs face (NOTHING) back (Cloth cape) waist, feet, 1X ear, at least.

This is just my best guess as to the upgrade these chars need, I am quite clueless as to what they should be wearing at this level, just to my understanding allot of what they are wearing is pretty sad. So you have an idea what I am doing right now (If that matters) I am farming harthuks for pp and exp, working on aa's so I stay at 59, and there all db to me. When I farm with just Apleh and Pefla (no one else in group) its rather slow farming.

So can someone please give me some suggestions on what to look for for these guys. I will find the items myself, so its not like I am asking people to do the work for me, I just need some suggestions. Oh yes, and between the 3 chars, I have about 6-7k to spend, that's it.

Thank you for the suggestions in advance guys.

Might be able to manage VEs as well. Also lots of players do them for alts and may be willing to let you all come along for rots.

Take a look at Shadowsilk for all those chars, even the SHM. The SHM may want a couple pieces of Deepmetal instead but SS is better in more slots then it isn't for him, the CHA/MANA on SS puts DM to shame usually.

Double Aug'd the Shadowsilk and Deepmetal are good enough to carry you a fair bit into raiding if you choose to do that sort of thing.

For pricing you can see this post. (shameless plug)

For the ear slot or any other JC stuff, take a look at Ryst's or Rahl's or Nwaij's listsold.

The level range you are at is a tough one in all honesty. You'll be facing tougher mobs pretty soon but typically wont have the farming opportunities available for ready cash to make all your needed upgrades at once or even in a short period of time. Unless of course you don't mind dedicating a significant amount of time to farming. Do it slow and snag a piece here and there when you can. Just do not make the mistake of buying something just to fill a slot which you'll have to replace in a few more levels anyway. Buy the biggest upgrades your money can afford while avoiding overpriced Ikisith/Emberflow/Rust items. That usually will lead you to tradeskilled stuff in the majority of slots for all of your chars. Do not gear for the 50's, gear for lvl 65 so you only have to do it once.

Apleh - Her gear is pretty horrible, I don't know how to say it nicer. Get rid of that 2her and replace it with a Feathered Warspear, it shouldn't be pricey (600ish? don't quote me on that) and it will allow you to buy a shield. If you are dotting/debuffing as well as healing you should pick up the charm that adds CHA. Quite cheap and can last until you can buy the 36k if need be. Also, don't be loyal to items with effects like your arms and shoulders and hat and neck; they are pretty bad. Aug your jewelery for mana...don't bother with the Baraks. Just replace it when you can.

Pefla - Ditto on the CHA charm. Worry less about mana on this char but pump the hell out of CHA wherever you can so you max out with buffs. Once you have max CHA you can let your enchanter's gear become a much lower priority compared to your other characters.

Sillic - Needs some love.

Assuming you group for a majority of your XP I'd suggest the CHA charms all around (druid and/or shaman can wait if they strictly heal) and augs for any decent jewelery you currently own. Then pick a char, whichever one you play/like/will help you farm the most and slap 3 small pieces of Shadowsilk double aug'd on her. Go from there.

Last edited:
See: http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=18101

for shaman. I'd avoid most ikisith droppables for the moment, the prices are going to be alot higher than they will in a few months due to them being new (the whole latest and greatest thing, y'know?), and you don't exactly have mountains of cash to spend.

The most bang for your buck is probably going to be in platinum black sapphire though. Fantastic caster/healer earrings, double auggable, and cheap as dirt (350ish last I checked apiece).

For the Enchanter, I would do the thurgadin quests. the cape
cape of control is a useful clicky and the ring isnt bad either;
Focus_of_the_Arcane_quest. You may want to do the newport ring cycle for the other ring slot as well. Caster jewelry is not common until later in raiding and you will be wearing these for a while.

You might also want to pickup a backtrack item; Armband_of_Conservation which would give the character mana con three. Nothing to write home about but better the nothing at all on a tight mana budget.

For int casters, Robe_of_Flowing_Water is worth every penny and you can raid into tier 5 easily. The only thing off the top of my head that might replace it prior is Penerlia's_Robe_of_Dragonkind in late tier 4. btw dhk pickup raids are common and this robe drops a lot confounding other int casters. Higher tier guilds will want the Empress for her head for an augment quest, and the other items will most likely rot, but that is for after hitting 65 unless you make some good friends.

I'm also serious about VE maps. I thought they were easier then simples when my SK was 59ish, and they usually pay for themselves. your main issue is going to be that few people 60+ are going to want to group with a 59 for a VE map. That said there are players who solo these maps for their alts, cash, and the quest drops and may be willing to have you along for the rots. Usually bored int casters without much to do, since the server's pampered melee ascendancy isn't interested in them unless the content is hard as piss, and even then melee usually stop looking on finding some stupid necro. But if you have a solid 59ish group, you can try it for yourself. The map won't go to waste unless the chest pops and you can't complete.

I would second Syalara on shadow silk for the other slots. Some fools with bad luck raid into later tiers with it. The charm of vanity is also recommended. For an int caster or any caster who needs to land on a hostile target, CHA is clutch. It is literally your most important stat over all others and other focus effects. it should be stacked prior in consideration to other stats. 500 mana isn't going to do you any good if you are resisted twice, and Damage Increment/Aff Enhancement/etc is useless if you can't land.

This is one of the better threads on charisma. I don't know how accurate it is now.

A last thing, eventually you will want to farm dragon necropolis for cash if nothing else. you can do so with a 59 group with solid healing, pulls, cc etc. (rat city is mostly 2 pulls and nothing summons there, except a few named you can avoid if you want. ) I highly recommend ditching the mana augs and augging for magic resist. You don't have to aug everything for MR. North of 200 should do. But it will make your experience far more pleasant as the major danger there is the caster rats which chain invoke fear, then nom you while your party can't move.

TLDR: CHA and click through links.

Last edited:
You have some pretty good suggestions here.

On your shaman, I am still willing to make you blacksmith gear at cost. Ghostmetal chain with the two +24 manna augs per item is not bad. This would not be your level 65 gear, but would buy you some time. And my prices are right for you =).

On the druid, a lot depends on your play style. If you are just healing then you can go manna all the way; that is buy Shadow Silk and aug it with manna augs. If you also do some melee, you may want to consider some Imp Armor with manna augs (I can't make those). If you are in a lot of groups then go the Shadow Silk route. I boxed a lot, often off tanking, and went the Imp Armor route for my play style.

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Shadow_Silk_Wristband
http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Imp_Hide_Wristband

If you want to do some tmaps (VE - Mod) let me know when you will be playing and we can knock some out.

If you took the ImpHide wrist over Shadowsilk on a Druid you really should consider not giving advice to people.

From the links you provided Shadowsilk has 25 more mana, 3 more STA, 8 more CHA, 6 more WIS/INT for the loss of 30 HP, 3 AC, and 5 AGI....but oh you'll get DEX and STR with Imphide for the Druid which is just clutch amirite?

Imphide can be pretty horrific for casting classes, I don't care how often you 'off-tank'.

Last edited:
What does Loose Platinum have to do with your advice being horrible and it being pointed out why? If you want to be butthurt about it, that's your call. I would just hate to see anyone listen to such poor advice.

@ the OP: You'll want a mix of SS/Imphide with SS in the majority of your slots. Ignore the specific example from Notpit and it should be clear to you which type goes in which slot. If not, you can use this page for a quick rundown, just be sure you are looking at the new stats and not the old. Note that for the 5 pieces of SS that have no wis on them, the Imphides for those slots will.

Last edited:
cats74,

I am sorry your thread became poisoned by people using it as a forum for personal attacks when people dare to have a different opinion. Grown-up discussion seems impossible in the current environment. If you want to discuss other options let me know. Although ironically the advice has shifted from all SS to a combination of SS and imp.

If you want the smithed armor, please send a PM or /tell in game. I am not going to respond to this thread anymore for the above reason.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention the Thurg quests. Cheapest way to replace that cloth cloak on Sillic is to do the Thurg for http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Cape_of_Devouring_Earth . The Thurg earring is also very helpful, even if you don't equip it (clicky works in an inventory slot).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom