Shammy Gear

Apros

Dalayan Elder
Hi all,

So, as I have not ever been a shaman or played a shaman, I am just enquiring at around level 55 what you would purchase for shammy gear (like a fullset or most pieces) for around 10-15k. I am just anaware what would be best to focus on, Wis and Mana, HP AC and items focus' or which items I should look at camping or purchasing for my bros shammy. Any suggestions would be appreciated :D or even link your formelo if your a shammy at those levels to see what I should be lookin at!!!

I think at that level I went after a ton of +ac +hp gear. Even with the available cani line I found myself low on mana a lot of the time. The agro generated by the debuff / slow / dot required I bump my hp to stay alive long enough to remain useful.
tbh my protip is to use the /who all shaman hotkey and talk to others around your level and see if they have any suggestions.
The wiki has seen a large influx of information over the last couple of months so Fomelo away and then check wiki if your curious about item drop location.

Baar's gear is tops... He's got mad HP... solid AC and I'd guess a little over average mana (Has like 750 mana on my 57 druid... and that druid is poor-mediocre geared).

He likes to tank and told me recently the reason he never oom's despite not having THAT much of a mana lead on me is he spams canni pretty much constantly... He has like 50+ regen/tick as I recall.

My shamy used SS for a long time, straight for mana pool. Since I was always boxing a ranger, which could tank for it.

Well first I would reccomend looking into 50's maps. You will not be disappointed on any class by them pretty much. Pick up the following from them

Nadalia's enchanted wristband (you will probably use this for a long time)
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [NO DROP]
Slot: WRIST
AC: 4
Effect: Flowing Thought I (Worn)
STR: +4 STA: +4 AGI: +4 DEX: +4 WIS: +4 INT: +4 CHA: +4
MR: +4 FR: +4 CR: +4 PR: +4 DR: +4
Weight: 1.0 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Type 2 Aug Slot

Ring of the stout (stats irrelevant, handy to get yourself out of tight spaces if you are not a small race, illusion dwarf clicky)

You may want to look into these, to save money twinking other areas with exceptional pieces
Barak's Moth-Eaten Mantle
Odessi's Scarlet Woven Ephod
Shard of the Ancient Seers (di4 + auggable range slot)

Now for twinky goodness

You absolutely should pick yourself up a set of platinum black sapphire earrings. They are cheap, and excellent for any twink. Double augged they're amazing

Platinum Black Sapphire earring
[MAGIC ITEM] [BIND ON EQUIP]
Slot: EAR
WIS: +8 INT: +8 CHA: +8 HP: +25 MANA: +25
Weight: 0.1 Size: Tiny
Type 3 Aug Slot
Type 3 Aug Slot

So with an overhead of about 700-800, then invest in 4 augs. You're looking at doubling it, probably hitting around 1.5k, lil less really, but being up close to 150 in just pure mana.

For chest you have some options. Honestly if you were going to actually buy something, I would suggest going with this (provided you are not a froglok)
Robe of the council (will run you like 5k, rare as hell)
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM]
Slot: CHEST
AC: 10
Focus Effect: Mana Conservation IV
STR: +7 DEX: +7 STA: +7 CHA: +11 WIS: +15 INT: +15 AGI: +7 HP: +55 MANA: +90
WT: 2.8 Size: LARGE
Race: HUM ERU HIE DEF GNM IKS
Augment Info: Slot 1, Type 5

However honestly, you shouldn't bother, and should instead use your thurgadin bp, which is totally acceptable piecewise.

Cuirass of bound spirits
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: CHEST
AC: 27
Effect: Bound Spirit (Casting Time: Instant)
AGI: +10 DEX: +7 CHA: +7 WIS: +7 HP: +50 MANA: +50
SV Poison: +5 SV Disease: +5
Recommended Level of 45
WT: 4.0 Size: TINY
Class: SHM
Slot 1, Type 2: empty

It also has a neat little clicky on it (single shammy swarmpet, functions similar to a monster summoning)

Your shoulders can be taken care of by the other thurg quest.

Charmed bone spaulders

Slot: SHOULDERS
AC: 20
Focus Effect: Affliction Enhancement IV
STR: +15 CHA: +15 HP: +30 MANA: +30
Aggression: -3%
Recommended Level of 45
WT: 1.0 Size: MEDIUM
Slot 1, Type 2: empty

Decent, the -agg is handy, and gives you affliction 4. Good for a while really.

Legs are a bit of a different matter, and there are two vastly different options to avail yourself of, that are decent to good.

Spore clustered breeches (2-2.5kish)
Slot: LEGS
AC: 11
STA: +12 AGI: +9 WIS: +9 INT: +9 HP: +32 MANA: +66
PR: +8 DR: +15
Aggression: -2
Weight: 4.2 Size: Medium
Class: CLR DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Type 5 Aug Slot

There are also a pair of legs called barbed bloodsteel something or other with 50m or so on them you should be able to get mad cheap if you prefer to keep overhead low.

The other wrist option you should avail yourself I'm not sure how much cost would run. But you definitely should pick one up
Bracelet of cold deflection
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [BIND ON EQUIP]
Slot: WRIST
AC: 3
Focus Effect: Casting Speed Increment IV
DEX: +5 WIS: +5 CHA: +5 MANA: +30
SV COLD: +20
Weight: 2.5 Size: Small
Type 3 Aug Slot: Empty

Note the casting speed 4. You will have this for a looong time.

Rings are a bit more difficult. The platinum black sapphire aren't great, or even really good. I would recommend the following, depending on your selections to this point.

Invoker's ring (excellent if you have not picked up a shard of the ancient seers from 50's map. Di4 +60 mana is pretty hot ngl)
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [BIND ON EQUIP]
Slot: FINGERS
AC: 2
Focus Effect: Damage Increment IV
AGI: +2 WIS: +4 MANA: +60
Class: CLR DRU SHM

The other one is kind of up in the air. I'd suggest finishing your newport ring quite frankly.

Back is a lil iffy. There are 2 really excellent options.

If your healing increment isn't up there already:

Winged Cloak of Soothing Night (mielech himself, buyable, no idea on $)
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM]
Slot: BACK
AC: 12
Focus Effect: Healing Increment V
STR: +15 WIS: +10 MANA: +50
Required Level of 20.
WT: 18 Size: LARGE
Slot 1, type 2:

If your duration happens to blow (will cost like 2k)
Cloak of the Council
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM]
Slot: BACK
AC: 10
Focus Effect: Duration Increment IV
STR: +7 STA: +7 MANA: +75
WT: 1.5 Size: MEDIUM
Augment Info: Slot 1, Type 5

So whats left here. Neck, head, face, gloves, belt, range, primary, secondary, feet.

For a charm invest in a charm of the mind (will run you 500ish if you already haven't picked one up).

Now comes another choice. Decide whether you're okay living with just patchtogether gear to save a little cash. Because come 60 (or if you're lucky just tag along with someone doing ve maps) you can fill alot of those empty slots, allowing you to invest a little more on your previous pieces. I would suggest it for this.

Feet:
Mana Bound Slippers (ve maps, lil rare though)
Slot: FEET
AC: 5
Effect: Flowing Thought I (Worn)
WIS: +2 INT: +2 CHA: +2 MANA: +30
Weight: 3.0 Size: Small
Type 5 Aug Slot

You will want to pick up this for a clicky/ds, but not as a piece of gear.
Ring of everfreezing essence
AC: 8
Effect: Chillburn (Must Wear Clicky, 3.0)
STR: +3 STA: +3 AGI: +3 DEX: +3 WIS: +3 INT: +3 CHA: +3 HP: +25 MANA: +25
Recommended level of 50
Weight: 0.1 Size: TINY

That takes feet out of the mix. But you're still looking at quite a few slots.

For a hat I would highly recommend
Blazing Crown
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM]
Slot: HEAD
AC: 8
Effect: Taraztu's Healing Flames (Must Wear Clicky, 2.0)
Focus Effect: Mana Conservation IV
WIS: +8 INT: +8 CHA: +8
SV Fire: +17
WT: 0.4 Size: SMALL

Awesome clicky selfheal (not as great on a shaman, but still handy, the mana con is its big selling point). It will run you about 2.5-3k though.

Face I would recommend just picking up something crappy for the time being. Eventually you should aim to replace it with your shaman quest mask. Start working on that as soon as you can. Yaralith is a rare encounter himself, and drops interesting loot, so when you do him finally, it shouldn't be hard to find help, even if you don't have a guild at that point.

Primary is easy. Pick up one of these.
Feathered Warspear (should be preeetty cheap)
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM]
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: Piercing Atk Delay: 21
DMG: 11
Effect: Spirit Strike (Combat)
CHA: +6 MANA: +100
Required level of 40.
WT: 5.0 Size: LARGE
Class: SHM BST

Shield you can pull off with a quest. Get some faction in thurgadin from turning in harthuk horns. Then zone over to icewell keep. Talk to the guards, get some orc teeth (3 iirc) turn em in, and you get

Radiant Crystalline orb (it will probably be with you a while)
Slot: SECONDARY
AC: 15
CHA: 10 WIS: 8 INT: 8
MANA: 45
Recommended Level of 50.
WT: 0.1 Size: MEDIUM

Neck: Options abound. The first is probably cheapest. The second, well i would go with the first or last and avoid the 2nd, the extra stuff ending up being worth it depends on your gear at this point. The last will require a significant investment (2-3k). However, it will literally be with you for the entire rest of the life of your character. Well until you pick up a better neck resist item, and they are few and far between, at least the ones that would pass diamondine. However as a regular slot, you will pass it by fairly quickly if you start raiding.

Honorable badge of the Froglok
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM]
Slot: NECK
STA: +8 AGI: +8 MANA: +50
WT: 0.7 Size: SMALL
Slot 1: Type 3

Sharkjaw Amulet
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM]
Focus Effect: Bane Enhancement IV

STR: +20 DEX: +5 STA: +5 WIS: +7INT: +7AGI: +5HP: +25 MANA: +45
WT: 0.8 Size: SMALL

Platinum diamondine pearl necklace
[MAGIC ITEM]
AC:10
HP: +60 MANA:+60
MR: +16 FR: +16 CR: +16 PR: +16 DR: +16
Aug Type: 3

Gloves belt and range left I think. Incidentally, you should already have one of these
Withered scroll of the flameseer
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM]
Slot: RANGE PRIMARY SECONDARY
Effect: Pact of Fire (Must Equip: Casting time: 4.0
HP: +5 MANA: +5
SV FIRE: +15
Reccomended level: 10
WT: 0.2 Size: SMALL

Constant tiny lich, for when you don't have the jb/kei line on. Will be handy until you get a clicky with that, and can be easily camped by your character.

Now range.

Totem of Tarhansar isn't too shabby, if you can find one for sale

[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM]
Slot: RANGE PRIMARY
Effect: Pack Regeneration (Must Equip. Casting Time: 18.0)
STR: +5 STA: +5 WIS: +10 AGI: +10 MANA: +60
Required Level of 45.
WT: 2.6
Size: SMALL

Honestly its your best bet, for quite some time.

Gloves, go with shadowsilk. Other options are pretty much crap. Belt is a good place to pick up ssilk as well.

That should do it. Should give you most foci. You'll be a little short on recovery, but eh, you'll have raw mana for days.

Last edited:
That was possibly the best advice post I have seen on these forums Aisling. You make me want to make a shammy just to twink one out.

Shit, I main a shaman and I can only make almost half that list happy. Aisling, once again, you da man.

Although on the rings, Platinum Ruby Rings, with double augs (another +48 mana), aren't bad.

[MAGIC ITEM] [BIND ON EQUIP]
WIS: +8 CHA: +8

Last edited:
He does.

Also you forgot to put the name on your 2nd cloak advice. Would help out for that guy ;).

Back
Top Bottom