Forum Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarus

Dalayan Master
This is a request of everyone in general.

Can we please, please not be jerks on here? If someone has a really bad idea, just say "hey, I don't think this makes sense because x/y/z" in a civil manner. If you're the creative type, maybe throw in a joke or two, but name calling and the like only undermines your points, and really degrades this place.

Would bringing back chillville help mitigate this? I have no idea; but please, just be cool.

cool.jpg

"Be Smart.
Be Nice.
Be Funny.
Pick Two."

^Best forum rules I have found online thus far. Forget that, one of the best life lessons I have seen thus far.

I hate the little smudge of white on the bottom left corner I missed when I actually had a photoshop trial active.

Oh hey, I found the dragon.

Last edited:
Though it's nice to know how I'm thought of around here. Cheers.

I think that people were just excited about that bracer thread...

Staff and members are MUCH nicer around here than most other emulator sites. Spend a day on the p99 forums... I very much enjoy it here.

Though it's nice to know how I'm thought of around here. Cheers.

This had literally nothing to do with you. I thought I made it abundantly clear in the other thread that it was more targeted at Nwaij, but he is not the only guilty party. Hence, I made a general request.

And for those incapable of two?

The moderator deleted your posts, though was pretty lax with people attempting to be punny as it is so relative.

People who failed at being smart, nice, or funny got a great big red number of times this has happened added to their post. Once the number got high enough, depending on previous contributions, number of posts, etc..., they were deleted.

I think the former might work here on the SoD forums, but the later would be an unmitigated disaster of personal vendettas and gamer PMS ing.

Not hard to be kind but some people never learn to let things go and take every chance they see to let out their frustration on those they dislike or view as others a more proactive attitude is needed. But one person i can recall that is great at being proactive is tao. Theres times when we all exchange words with conflicting opinions even he and i have had different views. But he always put such thoughts aside when an issue arises. More pro activeness is needed. and it would effect the whole in a positive way.

BTW I would expect a "don't be a jerk on the forums" rule to be about 20% as effective as the "don't be a jerk" in-game rule.

There is currently no way to tell people on the forums that they suck other than neg repping them and that is the true crime

You could make a game out of it, see who gives in first. Will you stop putting it back, or will he stop deleting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom