Farhag Wing Respawn Timer

I've never really thought of Folerit as all that terrible. He just requires a little bit of effort. Like it wouldn't hurt to beef up the rest of the farhags but it wouldn't take much to make them harder than him if not careful.

It's all Wold's decision anyways

I've never really thought of Folerit as all that terrible. He just requires a little bit of effort. Like it wouldn't hurt to beef up the rest of the farhags but it wouldn't take much to make them harder than him if not careful.

It's all Wold's decision anyways

Folerit is far and beyond the hardest mob in the wing, especially when you have to craft a strategy from nothing. There's a lot of room for the elders to be buffed before they're anywhere near as bad as Folerit.

I had an awesome idea that everybody loved (which is going to begin every post from now on): make all the elders except folerit and farhanniath drop 1 loot and spawn every 2.5 days with all of their trash. That way you get the same great loot but a fairly high loot:time ratio, while still potentially vomiting the same amount of loot to the server overall.

I dont see how that would adress the discussed problem at all. Perhaps i'm missing something in your plan.

It wouldn't really be an issue in the first place except that the other bosses are sort of a reward for killing folerit. Take the reward down a notch and the problem of folerit being skipped isn't a problem anymore.

Or instead of them being gifts of sacrifice to the One God Almighty Folerit, they are actually an annoyance. Demigods, if you will.

But cutting their spawn time in half doesnt really alleviate the problem. I'd have no problem with leaving them as is and just cutting their loot in half. I've always sort of wondered why farhags hemorrhaged loot and the others gave out less than half. I think the best idea, though, is to simply bring the up the difficulty so that its in line with the folerit and the chief.

The biggest reason I can think of to not simply halve their loot, nor increase their difficulty, is that for over two years these have been farmed without change. The problem of folerit getting killed and people who have trouble with folerit skipping his is one created by the people who kill him: us, and so it seems profoundly unfair that it simply be made worse for those who are not there yet.

Having it spawn more often is nice for three reasons. It is still going to take more time to get less loot than most any other place. The server can use a couple more nights of high end content a week (and the people who kill folerit and farhanniath aren't going to be much interested in the other bosses anymore). The problem of folerit not functioning as a gatekeeper, just as was corefire, would be alleviated by the lower risk v. reward.

Folerit skipping isn't 2 years old, its only been a real problem since the new randomization code went in along with the small reduction in spawn times back when there were 6 or 7 guilds doing ToT/UT/IP content and crying about competition, especially against euros. When that code went in about 6 months ago is when shit started spawning out of order.

Why not make it a timed event with no loots from anything until you clear the whole wing in under X hour(s). If you fail at any point during the raid, the wing is down until it re-pops (12 hours later on fails). At the very when before you jump into the well, a HUGE chest spawns with many loots, 2 to 3 from each of the bosses in there.

All or nothing.

Why not make it a timed event with no loots from anything until you clear the whole wing in under X hour(s). If you fail at any point during the raid, the wing is down until it re-pops (12 hours later on fails). At the very when before you jump into the well, a HUGE chest spawns with many loots, 2 to 3 from each of the bosses in there.

All or nothing.

This probably won't work because some players have lives.

How difficult would it be to make the named in Farhags not start their re spawn timers until the last named in the wing dies? ( including the well ) , once the last named in the wing dies , re spawn timers could then start with Folerit coded to pop first?

Is this to much work? or completely undo able? It seems with the exception of someone doing a partial clear this would restore Folerit as the gatekeeper to the rest of the wing.

Really if you start messing with any of this then it will just spread to other zones, like Thaz, or IP ... you can really state the case about any of them. Oh look Ulaz is up and nothing else is, run in and kill. With how cramped this tier is at the moment, there will not be an easy solution.

glad i farmed all that shit on my chars before special fixes get put into place

sorry to all the newer players

I'm not sure if IP names are really the same setup as the multiple bosses in the Farhag wing.

I see it more akin to the PoT Tower event, I think that linking together the names up to Farhanniath, having them spawn together and putting them on a fail timer is a pretty cool idea.

Best way I could see to fix this would be to cut folerit's re-spawn in time in half.

Yes, he could be more easily farmed out.. but due to his difficulty, not many people are going to do this unless he is the only thing available. The result would be a much higher probability of him being up should you wish to progress in the teir. This would still allow guilds who can't beat the wing in one night, the ability to go back in a timely manner without having to kill him again. It will also still allow other guilds to make use of folerit clears should another guild kill folerit, but only if they do it in a timely manner.

I would like to note here that if a guild can kill folerit they should be able to (assuming nobody leaves the raid and they have time) fairly reliably kill all the bosses up to farhanieth. At arrival to farhanieth, they will once again be challenged with a near comparably difficult encounter to folerit. This general result here, should be that guilds who beat folerit, will also clear all bosses up to at least farhanieth.

Is this fair to the guilds who have been "able to take advantage" pre-change? No, but fairness has never been a concern of making things "right" or the intended difficulty from a developer standpoint from what i've seen.

I would also like to note that folerit is one of the first "hard" mobs. In other words, he is one of the first mobs that few guilds have shown the ability to beat in a consistent manner. This is due to higher tier encounters more so requiring both gear and a higher level of raid wide competence. Relevance of this is subject to interpretation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom