Farhag Wing Respawn Timer

Cinn

Banned Jerk
Could Folerit be changed to spawn before the rest of the wing?

If you're going to make the second named mob the biggest challenge of the wing and the test of if you belong there to collect the rest of the loot, shouldn't people have to actually kill him?

This isn't a huge deal, but guilds sitting inside the wing waiting on it to spawn and then lucking out and having Folerit spawn as the last named in the wing for unknown reasons, and being able to kill the first 3 farhags and then leave because they cant kill the rest of the wing is pretty sneaky sis.

What if guild A comes in and kills Ferdolen and Folerit and then leaves because they are out of time, and then guild B comes in and does Parildec and Gondolas. Should guild B have to have Folerit spawned for them before they can continue?

No if someone leaves a wing half cleared that's their own fault.

I just think that it's dumb to have the 5 farhag named spawn out of order when the wing is respawning if the entire wing is balanced around Folerit being the hardest mob in the wing.

Last edited:
I agree that Folerit should spawn first in the Farhag wing for the aforementioned reasons.

How exactly should he be made to spawn first? Every single raid mob in the game has a randomizer.

Edit - also you're assuming this particular wing should all spawn around the same time, which is very rarely ever the case. Almost every wing or zone in the game has broken spawns, with things out of order. I prefer that method to having set spawns that are easy to predict.

Last edited:
I don't know how you'd do it specifically, but I'm betting that this isn't some far fetched bizarr-o concept that could only be coded in the realms of my imagination.

I too prefer randomized targets as opposed to static timers, but if the nameds behind folerit are balanced around you having to kill folerit first, being able to sit inside the wing while it spawns and bypass him and collect loots is kind of scummy.

Like I said this isn't a huge issue. Maybe there is some happy medium, maybe there is not, but I felt it was at least worth mentioning.

I too prefer randomized targets as opposed to static timers, but if the nameds behind folerit are balanced around you having to kill folerit first

Is that actually the case, or is Folerit just harder than the Elders? I'm honestly not sure. If it was the intended case that killing Folerit would be REQUIRED to progress in the wing on every occasion, I'd imagine that would have been set up that way. As it is, however, it's no different than Landslide or Glacier or Magmar being harder than their respective bosses. This may or may not be in the intended affect. I'd like to hear from Woldaff before assuming that is the case.

I have no issue with making Folerit a required part of the wing if that was the original intention, but ONLY if it doesn't open the opportunity for a side effect of, for example, any other guild to farm him over and over if another guild doesn't kill him.

This happens because people kill the mobs out of order. Over time they start spawning individually.

The only way I can see this being fixed is tie the entire wing to one spawn timer - Farhanniath himself being the most obvious choice. Not sure if that is worth it.

Is that actually the case, or is Folerit just harder than the Elders? I'm honestly not sure.

That is how I've always heard Woldaff talk about the wing, which is where my assumptions came from. If this is indeed not the case then, welp, sorry for the thread.

This happens because people kill the mobs out of order. Over time they start spawning individually.

The only way I can see this being fixed is tie the entire wing to one spawn timer - Farhanniath himself being the most obvious choice. Not sure if that is worth it.

No this is not the case.

Giggly Schoolgirls cleared farhags front to back last week Ferdo --> Folerit --> Parildec --> Gondo --> Farhanniath.

The following week another guild sat in the wing as it spawned and had Folerit spawn as the very last mob, being able to clear all 3 elders, put some attempts in on farhanniath and then finally have Folerit spawn hours later.

I don't know if you want to address this but its worth noting that killing them in the proper order has no effect on the spawn timers being offset.

Last edited:
I too prefer randomized targets as opposed to static timers, but if the nameds behind folerit are balanced around you having to kill folerit first, being able to sit inside the wing while it spawns and bypass him and collect loots is kind of scummy.

Are you saying people have camped raids past folerit to kill the named after him when everything spawns?

Killing farhags past Folerit to gear up for Folerit always seemed kind of backwards to me. This is of course assuming that he is meant to be some sort of gate keeper to the other nameds. I honestly thought it was designed that way since Folerit is probably harder than all other farhags, and possibly the well (from my experience, even though we can do Folerit w/o any wipes).

Same thing goes for Magmar and Nashtav, although I think this has been brought up before and shot down.

There could always be "instance" based zones ( I know bad idea) but you wouldnt run into this out of order spawning problems. Then again with Instance based spawning, we could all enjoy a really carefree carebear casual play style. No needing to rush to spawns and sit for hours waiting for the timers to trigger off the spawns.

Would be nice if players got flagged when they are part of a boss kill too so if you killed a boss during the week, you had to wait 4 days to kill it again, but thats going back to more relax carefree casual play style.

Something has to be done since it seems we had 4 guilds waiting in line 4 hours before a repop "might" happen last week.... just crazy :/

There could always be "instance" based zones ( I know bad idea) but you wouldnt run into this out of order spawning problems. Then again with Instance based spawning, we could all enjoy a really carefree carebear casual play style. No needing to rush to spawns and sit for hours waiting for the timers to trigger off the spawns.

Would be nice if players got flagged when they are part of a boss kill too so if you killed a boss during the week, you had to wait 4 days to kill it again, but thats going back to more relax carefree casual play style.

Something has to be done since it seems we had 4 guilds waiting in line 4 hours before a repop "might" happen last week.... just crazy :/

There is plenty of content to be raided; Most people just refuse to kill things that aren't easy free loot. Undercity loot is amazing yet most people don't raid it. Why? Because the loot while equal if not better than other equal tier zones the zone is actually hard, shocker! Heaven forbid you raid something where the time put in is actual equal to the loot you receive rather than farhags or thaz where it's LOL FREE LOOT. People need to quit crying, wipe a bit and earn their loot, rather than waiting for the same shit to spawn time and time again so they can try to gear head butt the next thing ahead of them down.

You dont have to tell me about undercity, I love that place and when its up and we are on, its not up for long :)

You dont have to tell me about undercity, I love that place and when its up and we are on, its not up for long :)

Undercity has only been down because giggly has been killing it, and only the first three bosses were killed even remotely regularly since goons quit raiding, and they would sit up for days some times. No one ACTUALLY tried to kill ganlak or finish the quest to engage serizus; instead they bitched about thaz and ToT!

Hmmm I was the first to post a few items in undercity on the wiki, I have 3 loots from the bosses there (2 even on me still and one is banked cuz its not as good of what im wearing now)... But we (bane) have been killin in the re for a good 3 months now... (since I joined Bane) I'm sure they were killing there before I joined.

And yes, I wish we could get keyed to fight that end boss there... I'd love to snag his rambo dagger.

Maybe you could have Folerit summon raids that try to kill the Elders after him, like when you try to get to Farhanniath while Folerit is up. The linked spawning would also be a good idea, imo.

Maybe you could have Folerit summon raids that try to kill the Elders after him, like when you try to get to Farhanniath while Folerit is up. The linked spawning would also be a good idea, imo.

The problem is that non-repopped Folerit would have a hard time summoning anyone. So yeah, linked spawn please!

Back
Top Bottom