Farhag Wing Respawn Timer

My issue with this as a player and raider is that it makes the bottleneck of this tier that is already ridiculously overcrowded even more difficult to get through because there will be guilds that will kill these mobs purely to deck out alts or even to just block other guilds. Now I realize that this is a part of how raiding is, but tying all 5 mobs to one mob's spawn means it is that much easier for one force to lock down the entire wing. It just increases the size of the road block that guilds have to get through, and there are already a lot of guilds sitting on the other side of that roadblock trying to get through.

From a developer standpoint, if that is the way this wing was intended to behave, that's fine and it should be changed to be like that. However, I cannot imagine that Revelation was the only guild ever to kill the mobs in there out of order in the incredibly long time period that ToT has been live in this form. For it now to become such an issue with only one guild being very vocal about the change, I just think we should take a long hard look at it before it is changed.

Ultimately, it is Woldaff's decision, and I will abide by and enforce that decision, whatever it is, as a player and a staff member.

*Folerit Redsun that spawns 4 hours after the real version dies. Exactly the same as the normal version with no loot (except perhaps trash level PP). If he is the guardian of the treasure trove that is Farhags let him be on duty more often.

Isn't Ferdo a big enough handout for being flagged for farhags?

You can literally 6 man him. Easily.

I'm sure other guilds have done this since ToT's release, which is why I never named Revelation. This isn't a revelation hate thread.

What everyone who is actually on "this congested tier" is saying though, is that you should, you know, actually have to be able to kill the wing you're gaining loot from.

Idling in the wing while it spawns should not be a substitute for actually having a raid-force capable of killing Folerit Redsun. Period.

I'd also like to add that this isn't any guild's fault for doing this. Obviously a guild will go to the easiest targets who drop the best loot. This is why Thaz Tower is so heavily contested. The fault is with the wings design and, while it isn't a huge flaw, if you're going to have one named be the vault-keeper as malleus said, it'd be nice if you actually had to kill him.

The mobs are still going to be there. You're still going to be able to claim the wing and progress through them. This change would have no impact on the "congested raid tier" other than making you actually have to do the wing in its intended form and not benefit from the servers randomization of another guild's clear.

Last edited:
Pick up raids in keyed/flagged zones are meh also. I seriously don't know how will progressing guilds that arn't at this tier yet will manage in future.

8 random people can kill Ferdo np and 2 groups can do a another one pretty easy in Farhag. 14 random people can do every mob in UT except maybe Glacier, etc.

Of course people in Dalaya's Begginers with UT loot is pretty lol =0

Cinn beat me to it. I don't think any guild should have the ability to do the wing backwards. Ferdolen is enough to gear for Folerit, so there is no "roadblock" or whatever. You also realize that you don't even need farhag gear at all to kill Folerit right? Bane killed Ferdolen once, and then Folerit as our 2nd farhag kill, so you can't say everyone has done the wing backwards. I seriously doubt the 2 loots Ferdolen dropped helped us kill Folerit. So theres already a huge way around this non-existant roadblock: gear elsewhere OR kill Ferdolen. There is no reason a guild can't kill Folerit if they are properly geared, and a guild should not be rewarded with more farhag loots if they can't.

I still don't understand why some raid wings are designed the way they are since most of upper thaz mini's are much harder than bosses as well.

I like Malleus's suggestion a lot.

The reason Revelation hasn't killed Folerit isn't because we can't but rather only had a few chances at him, maybe a total of two. When we are sitting in Farhags waiting for shit to spawn, we would much rather see Folerit than the other bosses, he just tends to never spawn or spawn very late during our raid night such that we have too many boxes. I'm all for a star version that lets us hammer out the strat.

But you would also have to make the star version summon anyone who engaged any of the other elders in that wing as you can enter through the front of the back (thats what she said) via the well ring.

But this issue has alot more to do with the overall implementation of the randomizers than simply the Farhags wing. If the change is made to Farhags, it needs to be made to certain other encounters as well, specifically:

All thaz bosses should require you kill the mini (particularly in UT) -- Glacier and Magmar come to mind.

Guilds should not be able to bypass the three pull in prison because its been killed by another guild. The three pull is the only thing that is remotely hard in prison.

You can't do the nameds backwards via well ring (legally) lol. You can't even clear backwards even if there is only one named up. You HAVE to clear starting with the farhags entrance (minus the flare fiend). If this is wrong I blame the GM who told me so ;)

And yes I agree with Adefan about IP and UT.

Last edited:
Leave Thaz out of this for now.

I'll have my wicked way with that zone sooner or later, mark my words.

This has come up before while talking to other people, for example, having people in your guild with 3-4+ farhag loots aquired via pick ups, without said guild having even killed Mephar at the time or bieng flagged for Farhag. Pretty sure mephar is easier with farhag loot eventually.

The reason Revelation hasn't killed Folerit isn't because we can't but rather only had a few chances at him, maybe a total of two.

That's about right... maybe 5 tries total, with lots of boxes because of spawn time.

And for those of you talking about gearing up on the others to be able to do him, he's not much of a gear check at that level, it's mostly an execution of strategy fight. Rev was geared just fine for him before setting foot in that wing.

And the reason we sit in the wing and waited was to progress; there was a lack of other targets up that yield real upgrades at that tier. WTB more content at that tier!

Pick up raids in keyed/flagged zones are meh also. I seriously don't know how will progressing guilds that arn't at this tier yet will manage in future.

8 random people can kill Ferdo np and 2 groups can do a another one pretty easy in Farhag. 14 random people can do every mob in UT except maybe Glacier, etc.

Of course people in Dalaya's Begginers with UT loot is pretty lol =0

This exists for two reasons.

One content is two easy. Two there is too much contention. It's not worth waiting for your guild to login to raid something when you can grab some friends and power clear something for loot. It achieves a few goals; prevents competition from progressing, it allows you to get loot that may be harder to get under your guilds loot rules, and it makes gearing alts a cake walk.

Last edited:
In a few months, everyone will be Sanctum geared and waiting for Ikisith anyways. I don't see what the big deal is.

The roadblock was a reference to the entire Farhag wing, not just Folerit. The gear obtained from ALL FIVE of the farhag named is pretty critical to being able to move on. Aside from Ganlak and Sezirus, we've killed everything on our tier up to Well multiple times and are starting to see very consistent rots. We are no longer getting gear upgrades outside of Farhag wing (except those two fights I listed, which are on our list), thus Farhag wing becomes important to progression.

By tying all five mobs to one timer, you automatically increase the respawn time of the other 4 by however long it takes people to progress through the wing. Given that a lot of people have issues with Folerit's strategy, that can sometimes be upwards of a day. This change would therefore increase this bottleneck by making the loot from this wing harder to get by making the respawns longer.

Honestly, I think the best option is breaking farhag wing apart with flags (not separate claims). You have to have killed the previous one to get the flag to the next encounter, so even if it is up, you have to have, at some point, killed the prior boss in order to engage. Thus, guilds are forced to kill the wing in order. A potential issue with this solution is somehow requiring a certain number of the raid being flagged, but I'm sure we could work up a workaround on this.

Honestly, I think the best option is breaking farhag wing apart with flags (not separate claims). You have to have killed the previous one to get the flag to the next encounter, so even if it is up, you have to have, at some point, killed the prior boss in order to engage. Thus, guilds are forced to kill the wing in order. A potential issue with this solution is somehow requiring a certain number of the raid being flagged, but I'm sure we could work up a workaround on this.

This makes cock-blocking much easier as well, however.

You could just make the other mobs in the wing harder so it doesn't seem like Folerit is the toughest one. Add more DPS or something to the other mobs, do something to bring them to HIS level of difficulty rather than just making him a bigger roadblock.

You could just make the other mobs in the wing harder so it doesn't seem like Folerit is the toughest one. Add more DPS or something to the other mobs, do something to bring them to HIS level of difficulty rather than just making him a bigger roadblock.

Best solution in thread.

Back
Top Bottom