Enchanter Runes and lack of Codex usefulness

Blinkonian

Dalayan Adventurer
Codex of power costs approx 550 aa's (+/- racial bonus) to max out. Enchanter is the only class that people will actually tell you Codex's are useless. The Enchanter being able to cast rune that absorb for more with Codex would be the perfect way to create incentive to complete them.

It still feels like a small benefit for so much work, but I don't think it would hurt to have codices count for runes the same way they works for heals & damaging spells.

Codex arent completly useless for enchanter's. Keep in mind True Giant dmg, and Misery damage. iirc the more damage dots do the less dmg a mob will do. But I like the idea of rune being more effective with codex.

I also like the idea of rune-absorbed damage scaling with CoP. I'm not quite sure how feasible it is though, considering that we are talking about a BUFF here - is it even possible to keep track of who casted it? Even more so if zoning is involved?

And if you think about increasing the ammount runes ON YOU absorb, well, there is an emberflow tome for that allready.

I always thought it would have made more sense for the +healing % from codices to apply to heals cast on the tome owner instead of heals he is casting but I suppose it might be a bit complex mentally tracking how much you're going to be healing at 2 tome dude for vs 3 tome.

Not requiring COP to be efficient in ANY tier is an advantage the Enchanter has on this server.

This point rings especially true now that there are an abundance of tomes available to do now that Ikisith content is widely available to even the least seasoned 65.

Once Enchanter is able to focus on completing them is when some small advantage comes to fruition (like when you're seriously end-game and can focus on being a realistic dps class to keep up with your tier 11/12 counterparts).

Pre-Ikisith tomes, Enchanters definitely got the shaft because of COPs. Now? Nope. It's really turned the tables. A fresh 65 wizard is laughed at until he completes all 5.

Just sayin. Not that I played an Enchanter or made an account to get around a forum ban to post this or anything.

To give enchanters something to do something useful besides increased misery damage? if you wannt go that far whats the point of this game? I mean wtf is up with that kind of attitude

So since they don't really count for anything, then what is the point of adding a bonus?
*puts finger up to lips* Shhhh.. shhhhh *begins pushing you out of thread* shhh it's gonna be alright, it's gonna be okay shhhhhhhhh

Runes scaling from enc tomes would rule

Also do mana taps/drains scale with damage? I have never actually looked into this and now I am curious

I'm okay with the idea but only when the rune originates from an enchanter; other classes get enough out of codex of power without having rune procs and such beefed up on top of everything else.

/agree

Also unlike practically all other spell number modifiers I'd make this and that other tome both calculate from the base rune amount and add together at the end rather than multiply each other :|

i was thinking the same thing, getting 1200 out of dilated shelter would to me seem totally worth it to do all 5 but it dosent seem to overpower the enchanter in any way just give motivation and a slight buff.

Tis not true. Codex increases a pet's damage when they are summoned like Companion Strength. Code could be added specifically for charm pet hits though. Whether that would be overpowered is another question though.

If your intention is to make Enchanter a solid solo/duoer this would do it. Also it would add more variety to an Enchanter's arsenal and make them more valuable to a group that does not need CC or is light on dps. I do think that companion strength and Codexs should apply to charmed pets but if companion health was applied I think that would be overpowered.

Thank you for even considering my suggestion

Last edited:
Zaela could you be awesome and tell me and whoever else probably wants to know what exact effects happen to charmed pets. I know they used to lose the ability to quad hit or something but it would be nice to know the specifics??

Pre ikisith I was all for rune scaling and other aspects of enchanter things scaling with cop's. At this point, I tend to agree that it's a bit of a blessing that they don't, since it's not expected of you to drop all that time into them.

Also, I thought charm dps did scale with them too, and that alone almost made me go back and do them.

With all the recent rune items floating around in ikisith it should probably be limited to enchanters.

What about runes casted by other people?

your reason is here

I'm okay with the idea but only when the rune originates from an enchanter; other classes get enough out of codex of power without having rune procs and such beefed up on top of everything else.

It will make myself (and other Enchanters) feel like we are actually getting something worthwhile out of CoP.. while it is nice that your charm pet gets stronger it is virtually useless on 99% of raiding. As a high level Enchanter I rely on my runes quite frequently on raids and while grouping.. the slight buff my class would receive does not seem overpowered it only would be fair and balanced.. we're talking 190 health on Rune VI, 200 health on Dilated Shelter and 265 health on Relic: Runecloak. This isn't even close to the benefits other classes receive from CoP but it will still make the dreaded codex grind worthwhile and rewarding. I personally have always wanted them for the slight damage buff they give but to be real, as a t9 enchanter I never have my nuke up on my spell bar and my only DoT does 250 damage per tick. CoP right now for the raiding Enchanter is ~worthless.

Back
Top Bottom