Dissonatatus, Bladedancer's Enmity

I think the monk 4.3 weapon should have the graphic of a large blue fire sword. That is all.

Maybe it's time to just get over a nerf and accept the fact that there are other / better weapons out there to wear?
Im sorry not everyone can have T14 weapons like you and your friends. Some of us depend on the T12 weapons we have to be better than T10 weapons.

Im sorry not everyone can have T14 weapons like you and your friends. Some of us depend on the T12 weapons we have to be better than T10 weapons.
well illustrated maps are designed to be around t12 and have quite a few solid bard weapons. Last tore parsed, the hammer that procced zombies parsed quite close to the t14 weapon from yale.

well illustrated maps are designed to be around t12 and have quite a few solid bard weapons. Last tore parsed, the hammer that procced zombies parsed quite close to the t14 weapon from yale.
Cool, yet this has nothing to do with this thread. If you wanna talk about well illustrated maps's weapons and how strong they are, you can start a new thread for that.

The hammer was immediately nerfed as a result of that parse, so it probably shouldn't be used as evidence of anything except that fuwok is bad at math.

Cool, yet this has nothing to do with this thread. If you wanna talk about well illustrated maps's weapons and how strong they are, you can start a new thread for that.
you brought up how a t12 weapon doesn't outperform a t10 weapon and how not everyone has access to t14 weapons. there were multiple well thought out paragraphs written by many people saying why nerfing bard 4.3 is bad and devs still thought it was the best decision to nerf it. Aside from that, not every 4.3 weapon is designed to be good.

You also can't ignore other weapons of a similar difficulty when talking about buffing/nerfing items

4.3 sword sucks but there's been plenty of different weapons around that tier that work great compared to when it was king shit. I get that you're annoyed that it was dumpstered (as was I) but it's not like you're left out with nothing to use. There's the predation rod (with brand new shiny 2.5 percussion mod! holy shit it opens an ear slot!!!!) and funeral mallet if you can scrounge some 1hb mod or if you're feeling fat and sassy with piercing mods there's the tmap dagger (not parsed, might be too strong for bards?) and assassin's stiletto from the yiv high chieftain which did pretty well parse wise. Whirlpool off kara`kadar also did unexpectedly well.

Enjoy the new and exciting world where you're not chained to an item that maxes out your aggression by itself! Free your mind of the shackles of the Eternal Empress!

you brought up how a t12 weapon doesn't outperform a t10 weapon and how not everyone has access to t14 weapons. there were multiple well thought out paragraphs written by many people saying why nerfing bard 4.3 is bad and devs still thought it was the best decision to nerf it. Aside from that, not every 4.3 weapon is designed to be good.

You also can't ignore other weapons of a similar difficulty when talking about buffing/nerfing items

Nerfing 4.3 sword to the state it is at now is bad, mostly because there are an infinite amount of things that could have been done otherwise to still make it worthy of its tier that were just ignored. Not only that but it left bards around that tier in a pretty sub-optimal spot. There are classes that increase the damage of a raid by a similar amount that do way more damage, and as long as you carry beastlords in your raid the impact of Fiery starts to diminish pretty quickly. Anyone who thinks that MOTS is part of a bards "power" is just fooling themselves, if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to go back and properly adjust spell dmg done by everything in the game that song wouldn't even exist. Because it shouldn't even exist.

Woo, a bump! So im happy to see 4.3 bard sword got changed and after testing it for a bit myself i think its at a great spot right now, the only problem i see if how short term buffs seem to work on the 2.5 client? maybe it was all the time, idk. I see the Flourish of Blades proc last anywhere between 6-18 seconds, and im not sure if its intended to not have a specific buff duration, and as to how short term buffs seem to work now is that even though the timer will have 6-9 seconds, it fades. so a 12s buff would only last 6 seconds sometimes, ect. Overall I like it.

P.S It might be too strong? idk, i like it where it is.

The random fading you are observing has to do with the server ticks. Druid hots suffer from this plague. You can see hots disappear anywhere from 6s to 12secs left.

Since the weapon lacks a damage proc, it is more useful in offhand modifying the damage output of the mainhand weapon. The rework is a nice try, but ultimately lacking as a MH item.
This is already outclassed by proc based weapons in t12, and isnt much better than a Yivslayer.

RIP old Disso :C

Since the weapon lacks a damage proc, it is more useful in offhand modifying the damage output of the mainhand weapon. The rework is a nice try, but ultimately lacking as a MH item.
This is already outclassed by proc based weapons in t12, and isnt much better than a Yivslayer.

RIP old Disso :C
I wasn't sure where this item was going to land after the change, so I was cautious with its tuning. Having said that, I really don't follow your logic with what you just said. It will be getting some minor adjustments, but don't expect this weapon to be better than anything past t12.

In hindsight, I parsed the weapon MH only vs a few high teir weapons and it comes up lacking- Which was dissapointing, but i forgot to include the attack speed adjustment for offhand and increased OH procs because of that... It actually might be really good with the correct offhand weapon. I'm gonna reparse it :3

It's just disappointing to see it not MH and OH, which would allow it to replace dragon sword almost completely.

just make the haste proc also give a high rate damage proc, maybe similar to current Crescendo of Strife. That should even it out, Im just glad to see it out of the T9 dps range and back in the T11ish dps range. keep up the good work.

In hindsight, I parsed the weapon MH only vs a few high teir weapons and it comes up lacking- Which was dissapointing, but i forgot to include the attack speed adjustment for offhand and increased OH procs because of that... It actually might be really good with the correct offhand weapon. I'm gonna reparse it :3

It's just disappointing to see it not MH and OH, which would allow it to replace dragon sword almost completely.
It doesn't need to replace the dragon sword. Anyway I am not sure what I am going to be doing with the sword which is why I mentioned the minor adjustments, I havnt been able to get much information about it personally yet.

What a shame, my dreams are shattered.

I would like to argue that now that it's as good or likely overshadowed by many tmap or bloodstorm weapons, would it be possible to revisit the 10% agression modifier on it?

Last edited:
..are we talking about the same sword? It's incredibly goofy with proc weapons, if anything it might be too good if you have room for jolt on your bars.

Fools but the point is if it's good there has to be SOME sort of penalty involved. I know if someone took the aggression off or tweaked it I'd be annoyed at least. Granted other weapons have other uses but disso is if anything in a good spot if you have a method to deal with the extra aggression imo. Even then it's way better than it was before.

After parsing a few things:

Up-time on Flourish of Blades is equivalent to about 10-15% increased overall attack speed. 2 procs per minute with 6-8 seconds of buff each.

What does this mean?

Its about 5% better than Yivslayer with a very strong offhand.Does it really matter? No. Since 4.3 is probably the easiest 6 man to scum in above t11, I think the weapon is fine where it currently is. The aggression mod is almost pointless though, since a bard will not really be doing enough DPS with this baby to pull agro anyways.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom