Dissonatatus, Bladedancer's Enmity

Binsin

Dalayan Elder
Is there any ideas floating around on if there is going to be a change to make this item worth wearing again? Im all for droping the double attack on it, but it was dropped alittle too much and should have something else added to make it worth wearing. Maybe increase the double attack chance or throw in a proc with the clicky, maybe even a small 80-100 damage AE proc?

I agree that it was too strong but the double attack was the main thing that made it wearable. there is now no reason a bard needs to really try and get that weapon in its current state. I suggest an AE proc on the clicky to make it an atleast situational item instead of something that will be perma banked until further notice.

I would like to hear other ideas on how this item can be made wearable again, from other bards, or even other classes that might want something else out of bards. I really like the new T14 weapon that seemed to have bards in mind that came out of Upper Thaz, adding in a utility proc while also being a very nice Damage Inc replacement and 2.5 all instrument modifier, making it a good, and better replacement for the 4.3 weapon, maybe someone might suggest a proc that taps mana and returns it to the group? Im not sure. please discuss because I hate to see what was once a great weapon for bards get nerfed into the void and made essentially not worth trading one of your detrimental song slots for.

(Edit: https://shardsofdalaya.com/forum/threads/balance-bards.30521/ is an old post about balancing bards in general if the clicky on 4.3 weapon got nerfed too hard is some way, but never got traction)

Last edited:
Comedy Option: Put bards on Horok.

Lazy Option: Remove the aggression on the sword, which destroys the flavor but at least leaves a respectable ratio weapon without a massive penalty attached to it for a no longer particularly good reason.

Better Option: Remove the click, put some form of proc that perhaps has a small stun attached to it to keep the flavor of 'this item is strong but dangerous to use'.

Best Option: Make bards scale better so they aren't upset when you change a weapon that gives them reasonable scaling and do nothing to fix the problems they have in the first place. Bard songs (and damage in general) scales poorly and it's telling that giving them access to a 1.364 ratio weapon was about a 100 dps increase and still nowhere near where they probably should be in comparison to other damage classes. After 4.3 sword was nerfed and I sat down to parse what the best option for bards was it was insanely depressing to see a T3 weapon parsing dangerously close to weapons off much higher tier and harder monsters. I was also seriously considering using shadow shurikens with a march to strife and not meleeing at all.

Most of this is just reiterating what was put in the 4.3 rebalancing thread but it's still true. If you have one bard in a raid they are most likely play MoTS (which is a dumb song in itself but that's a different topic and it doesn't scale) and Fiery (which does not scale). Ideally you'll have two bards since you can hand off one of those songs to the other and they can both play blademaster (STR/DEX scale with brass) which is a significant DPS increase for both bards. If you don't need mots they will probably play murk (which doesn't scale) or for trash possibly lcea's (which doesn't scale) to limit medding downtime. Instrument mods also jump leaps and bounds in early tiers then peter out pretty quickly and don't provide as big of a return.

Bards just badly need some way to scale and while adding some scaling to support songs would work I feel the better avenue would be to increase the base of their chants and bellows at the potential cost of nerfing instrument mods to make sure they don't get TOO wacky later on. I also like the idea of changing rhythm of the blademaster to give a 'selfish' buff for each of the songs they play ie give lcea's a mana return on hit component, spell damage chants increase your song damage, etc. This is of course could involve tweaking blademaster to not be as powerful so it doesn't feel as terrible when a bard can't play it due to sometimes undesirable effects of blademaster (tank group bard fighting mirror golems, etc). But when you nerf a valuable way to scale bard damage that to be fair was probably too good and do nothing to fix the problems of the class itself in compensation it's a bit annoying.

Just a thought, but why not just rework bard mods a bit, as you said they scaled better in earlier tiers because they went up by more than .1 per tier. Make it .3 or .5 or something when you get an instrument mod upgrade and then you will see likely better scaling the higher tiers you get.

As for the sword, I think the clicky should be dropped all together. Put a small double attack mod on the weapon and add a proc of some kind, and I think that would keep the flavour that was supposed to be added from this wep, because as mentioned above right now it's completely useless really.

What about dropping the click and putting a phat instrument mod that would make it worth using at least situationally.. percussion 2.5+ or brass 2.9 or wind 2.9 would make it fly good.. or what about all mod 2.4 would make it a good item

I think the bard 4.3 should be a throwing weapon that procs random bard songs so you could just kick out and throw them and the song that procs just lasts for 30 seconds.

There is a difference between being good and literally being a detriment to your character, which is what bard sword is now.
It is certainly worse than other options you can get prior to it. I'm not happy with 4.3 sword as it is, it is not even close to being worth for the tier you can get it at.

As far as bards as a class... not super happy with where they are at either, especially when compared to enchanters.

It is certainly worse than other options you can get prior to it. I'm not happy with 4.3 sword as it is, it is not even close to being worth for the tier you can get it at.

As far as bards as a class... not super happy with where they are at either, especially when compared to enchanters.
Does this foreshadow some sort of possible reworking of bards/slight buff to 4.3 sword? Stay tuned, next time in SHARD OF DALAYA!

Sacrifice/Ortananoch, Custodian's Demise, Raego, GoE, SV, RFocus, Fiery. (No BM) Auto Attack only, /s 4

Grimstump
---Zone: Mistwoods
---Start Time: 3/14/2018 8:30:52 PM
---Fight Length: 299s
---Total Attackers: 1
---Total HP: 110929
---My DPS: 371

Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.7

Dissonatatus, Bladedancer's Enmity/ Ortananoch, Custodian's Demise, Raego, GoE, SV, RFocus, Fiery, Flourish of Blades, (No BM) Auto Attack Only /s 4

Grimstump
---Zone: Mistwoods
---Start Time: 3/14/2018 8:36:41 PM
---Fight Length: 301s
---Total HP: 122949
---My DPS: 408

Sacrifice/Ortananoch, Custodian's Demise, Raego, GoE, SV, RFocus, Fiery. (No BM) Auto Attack and Runic: Denon's Dissonant Duet /s 4

Grimstump

---Zone: combat
---Start Time: 3/14/2018 8:55:49 PM
---Fight Length: 298s
---Total HP: 153533
---My DPS: 515

The second parse with Sacrifice and Runic DoT is to simulate one detrimental song since Flourish of Blades takes up one of those. I chose the weaker of the dots

Last edited:
I can add my other parses that show a varity of weapons outdpsing current 4.3 sword too, in the T10-11 range.

Maybe it's time to just get over a nerf and accept the fact that there are other / better weapons out there to wear?

Yea I was kinda thinking that I mean most classes don't were the 4.3 weapon.. although some are a lot better than what the bard one is now

Back
Top Bottom