Current Bug List

Haenir

Dalayan Master
Meant to inform people about bugs. Feel free to post other bugs and I'll add them to this. Don't post exploitable bugs. As things get fixed I'll try to remove them from here.

Zone bugs:

• Fixed via patcher? The Arena -- non-Titanium installs use the new zone files, making the zone impossible to exit -- fix here
  • Fixed via patcher? HMal B -- some non-Titanium installs will load you into Neriak Palace instead -- fix here
  • Fixed via patcher? Sea of Swords -- some non-Titanium installs fail to load this zone -- use these files to fix
  • Fixed via patcher? Eastern Plaguelands -- some non-Titanium installs fail to load this zone -- use these files to fix
  • Runnyeye to Deepshade zoneline -- can warp you into the wall, shrink/illusions/evac are all helpful as is moving slowly towards the zoneline and using /rewind
  • Zoning from Cyclops Gorge to Whisperling Forest will occasionally zone you to Runneyeye (this bug predates 2.5)
  • Red Sun Peaks -- mobs aren't on the ground where they should be (floating in the sky often)
Item bugs:
  • Worn see invis effects do not work
  • dropping multiple items in the same location will eat them
  • dropping items near a ts container will eat them
  • auto-looting multiple items w/ no inventory space will eat them
  • using the bandolier will occasionally eat items (so don't use it)
  • swapping an item with a stack of ammo actively used bye /cm autofire will eat the item sometimes (predates 2.5)
  • the [PRISTINE] tag only shows up on items when first looted (and disappears after zoning) -- the bonus is working serverside
  • Vendors buy things for 10% higher price than 2.0 (buy price isn't being affected by faction)
  • food quality tags (e.g., This is a hearty meal) are all showing up as lowest quality in the client (long lasting food does last as long as it should however)
  • multi-charge items (e.g., medical kits, some tinkered items) only have 1 charge when added to a players inventory
Merchant/Trade bugs:
  • Player to player trades can't be initiated after using a merchant (duck/stand to fix)
  • Merchant inventories don't update correctly after buying them (if you are buying items from a NPC that it bought from a player, close and reopen the merchant window between purchases)
General Spell bugs:
  • Identify not working (does not provide item lore information)
  • Trying to use a clicky before required level will lock out spell bar til zoning/refresh
UI bugs:
  • Text from some books gets cut off mid-page: fix here
  • Worn ATK does not show up in player stats (works serverside)
  • Stats/Resists do not update immediately upon buffing (one can swap in and out an item to display correct stats)
  • filters from /filter need to be reapplied after zoning (as long as you update one of the categories all others will apply)
  • Mana bars will occasionally show as not full when they are full (/cm stats shows current mana/max mana)
Encounter bugs:
  • Temple of Elael third boss (non-2.5 bug) -- killspawned
  • Traek Jr (non-2.5 bug) -- killspawned
  • Blazewind -- randomly lags people (client desyncs) in the final phase
  • Custodian -- have seen similar random lag problems to BW
Class bugs:
  • Cleric: the AA enhancement for Celestial Renewal is an activated (null spell) ability
  • Mage: pet shared crit from spells broken
  • Rogue: disarm traps broken, /s 8 (uncanny dodge) broken
  • Wizard: Fury of the Ashes does not enhance lifeburn and instead summons an Allegiant Familiar
Raid/Group bugs:
tl/dr general fix: if the raid/group looks wrong it's faster to just completely destroy and reform
  • Using the /makeleader command will change a group leader, however if the former leader attempts to disband it will destroy the group for everyone but that toon
  • Toons will sometimes be invisible to other players, /cm refresh fixes this
  • Occasionally the party window will show you as still in a group after disbanding -- have someone else invite you to a group to clear this.
Quest bugs:
  • Dialogue from some quests is missing (i.e., [D1] prompts will show up w/ no accompanying text) -- /bug report it and hope the wiki has the text you need
  • Murk TS vendor / not working
  • The portal North Newport newb pal/clr shield quest trials will occasionally fail to port on multiple attempts
Graphics bugs:
  • golem skins aren't correct (strat leaks -- this matters for some encounters in Sanctum) in non-Titanium installs -- fix by removing glm.eqg and placing glm_chr.s3d (from a Titanium install) in client directory
  • song animations don't work on song casts (clicky casts of songs trigger animations)
  • skeleton models do not animate (unless Luclin human male model is turned on)
Misc bugs:
  • can't skill up alcohol tolerance via drinking
  • collision is much "stickier" than in 2.0 -- you need to have distance between your toon and a ledge you want to jump up now rather than being able to jump right next to it
  • HP pools are ~10 - 15% bigger (seems like hp from items is being effected by AA/tomes as well as the base hp calculations being different)
  • Can't switch targets while casting spells / do much of anything else (technically this may be a feature of the client)
  • The "aggro bug" -- occasionally toons will be unable to gain aggro on anything in a zone -- zoning, reloading client, and dying have been noted to fix but ymmv
Fomelo bugs:
  • not accurate on AA
  • items not showing lore tags
  • not accurate for HP / mana pools (generally higher numbers in game -- the formulas for both have probably changed)

Last edited:
Trial of Althuna quest in North Newport the port in will frequently not work especially if second time through(quest dialog states that this should be able to be done as often as required to complete the whole event).

Attempting to use a clicky before reaching the required level will lock out spell bar til zone or refresh.

Last edited:
Dev Trainee Fixious started this thread and it was promising. Can we resurrect an updated version of this and get a volunteer staff from current or a future recruit who will be in charge of this list. The idea is that players can add bugs they encounter here and other players can vote on which bugs they find the most annoying to deal with and would like to see fixed first. I can assume staff has a version of this list a mile long but it would be cool for us players to have a list here.

SoD would look really polished if most of these bugs were gone.

How many of the bugs from this list still exist?

Wiki article would probably be a better format for bug tracking than having to deal with editing forum posts. Forum would still be fine for people submitting them though.

@Yusuke @Ranmere I just made a revised version of this list less than 2 months ago for the staff subforum. Here's a copy:

Here's a revised version of Haenir's 2.5 Bug List to highlight which of the client bugs listed there are still relevant:

Zone Bugs:
  • Zoning from Cyclops Gorge to Whisperling Forest will still occasionally zone you to Runneyeye.
    • This bug predates 2.5.
Item Bugs:
  • Armor tint seems to be unstable, particularly for the chest slot.
    • When a player zones in, their chest slot is often black or a random color.
  • Dropping multiple items in the same location:
    • If you drop two items in the same place, the second item will disappear. If you refresh, the second item will reappear on the cursor.
    • If you drop three or more items in the same place, the second, third, etc. items will all disappear. If you refresh, the second item will reappear on the cursor; the third, fourth, etc. item(s) are gone for good.
    • Tradeskill containers also trigger the "already something on the ground here" message, meaning anything dropped near them will follow the above behaviors.
Bug - Drop Item.png

• Looting items while all bags are full and an item is on the cursor will cause the items to be "looted," yet the items disappear. This occurs with right-click looting and when using the Loot All button.
  • Using the bandolier will occasionally eat items. (Unable to provide details to reproduce.)
  • The [PRISTINE] tag only shows up on items when first looted, disappearing upon zoning. Unclear if the bonus is working serverside, though Fomelo still displays [PRISTINE] tags properly.
  • Vendors pay 10% (?) more for items than in 2.0.
    • Tested with 65 CHA using Rat Fur and Jogren. Player wiki says merchants buys Rat Fur for 7cp, sells it for 9cp. Jogren bought the Rat Fur for 8cp and sold it for 1sp.
UI Bugs:
  • "Book" text is now apparently capped at 5,000 characters. Going beyond this seems to crash the client invariably. As a result, at least one Main Quest book (A Look a Racial Histories, Life Before Kaezul) has had the vast majority of its original ~15,500 characters cut in order to avoid crashing the client. Now, players are only able to find certain MQ lore quiz answers by going to the wiki, which has the original text.
  • Worn ATK does not show up in player stats.
    • No amount of rearranging worn ATK items seems to get it to show.
  • When receiving a stat/resist buff, the new stat values do not update immediately in the inventory window.
    • Moving equipped items around in any way forces the buffed stats to display.

Class Bugs:
  • Bard:
    • Set/Disarm Traps skill does not disarm traps and reportedly yields an error message.
  • Rogue:
    • Uncanny Dodge stance (/s 8) seems to do nothing. Mobs still stun the player from behind.
    • Set/Disarm Traps skill does not disarm traps and reportedly yields an error message.
  • Wizard:
    • Fury of the Ashes AA was somehow overwritten with Allegiant Familiar, a holdover from EverQuest Live.

Spell Bugs:
  • Blind mechanic doesn't work.
  • Sense mechanic doesn't work (e.g., Sense the Dead, Sense Animal, Locate Corpse).
  • Shadowstep mechanic doesn't work (e.g., Fade, Yonder).
  • True North mechanic doesn't work.
    • This spell was "fixed" via a Lua script, but it would be best to fix it in the server core.
Miscellaneous Bugs:
  • AFK flag shows up to those in zone when it is set. If someone zones in after it was set, the AFK player's nametag has no AFK next to it.
    • /afk, /afk on, and /afk off all trigger the following seemingly unrelated message:
Bug - AFK Message.png
  • LFG flag seems not show up for anyone except the person who sets it.
    • Also /who all lfg returns a list of all players online, making this feature 100% useless.
  • Alcohol:
    • Drinking alcohol no longer gives Alcohol Tolerance skillups.
    • The "drunk" visual effect (distorted vision + wobbling side to side) clears completely on zoning.
  • /who oddities: FIXED May 2020 (eqstr/dbstr revisions)
    • There is no way to search for players in Crystal Caverns nor The Murk.
      • /who all crystalreturns nothing, presumably because the client thinks you're searching for characters of one of these races:
        • 327 - Crystal Spider
        • 425 - Crystal Shard
        • 591 - Crystal
        • 616 - Crystal Sphere
      • /who all murkreturns nothing, presumably because the client thinks you're searching for characters of one of these races:
        • 414 - Murkglider
        • 429 - Murkglider Egg Sac
  • HP pools are 10 - 15% bigger than in the previous client. Cause unknown.
  • When leaving the loot window while in "scrolled-out 3rd person" camera mode, players occasionally get stuck on the corpse as if still in the loot window, unable to interact with the UI.
    • Insufficient details to reproduce.
    • Reportedly, jumping or some other manual commands (possibly /sit and /stand) will get the player unstuck.
Fomelo Bugs:
  • AA count is wildly inaccurate for characters created prior to the 2.5 client transition.
  • AA do not show at all for characters created after the 2.5 client tansition.
  • HP (and possibly mana) pools are discrepant with in-game numbers (likely due to the aforementioned HP pool bug under Misc Bugs).

Last edited:
negative HP effects can be buggy especially at low levels. Buffs and Gear can kill you upon removal if the hp change they gave exceeds the rest of your remaining hp since the order of operations is incorrect.(unless these have been fixed without my knowledge). think these bugs have existed at least since the 2.0 days.

Zoning from Cyclops Gorge to Whisperling Forest will still occasionally zone you to Runneyeye.
  • This bug predates 2.5.

I experienced a variation of this the other day -- zoning from Gorge to Whisperling I had the zoning message say I was going to Runnyeye, but actually ended up zoned in to Whisperling. Only seems to happen when I hit that zoneline levitating.

A likely fix for this would be to update the zone_points table with a zoneline that is a bit further from where the hardcoded (I assume) zoneline from Gorge to Runnyeye is. I know it's possible to modify the zone file itself to get rid of hardcoded zonelines like that, but I've never done it myself.

Could someone look at the in-zone port in prison to IS?
--The Broken Ward port then globe click--
This always places my characters at 1200.00 1200.00 3.95
This is inside a wall for me. I can duck to get out, but just a slight move north should avoid this.
i.e. 1220.00 1200.00 3.95
Thanks

Could someone look at the in-zone port in prison to IS?
--The Broken Ward port then globe click--
This always places my characters at 1200.00 1200.00 3.95
This is inside a wall for me. I can duck to get out, but just a slight move north should avoid this.
i.e. 1220.00 1200.00 3.95
Thanks
You reminded me of something that bugged me for years until I forgot about it! Fixed. Clicking the "door" also orients toons northward now so they enter IS staring at the pyramid thingy instead of the wall. :)

that reminds me I think it was zoning from mielb to miela could turn you the wrong way. and not sure if it was ever fixed but gorge of the one eye to whisperling used to bug half the time and take you to the wrong zone. think going from freeport to northwastes zone line can also bug putting you in the tunnels linking the freeport zones(can be pretty bad if you are blackscale due to the number of silver crown around the tunnels.

Back
Top Bottom