Current BSTLORD fist damage mechanics

But the itemization isn't there for us to use it, and in its current form, barehand doesn't offer any dps over the best 1h items so why take off your 1h items?

Maybe we can get a fist of Very more solid-er ice in a good weekend

Perfect, thank you! I'll stop considering using fists on my beast :)

I think it is pretty lame that fists get balanced around monk hit rate and itemized for mnk/bst. It makes every fist kind of lousy as a BST choice.

tldr give beastlords double attack

I've been avoiding this thread, so as not to poop on bsts and all, but they do get way more other weapon options, pets, and a pretty solid spell line up to counter this fist stuff, a few special kicks, and fd. Most monk dps being based around not wearing weapons pretty much forces us to lose two slots worth of stats to do any real dps unless we have a solid 2hb. That being said, I don't think it would be a horrible idea at all to swap the h2h on the mq aug to something more useful for them.

Oh I don't disagree Hugh, I think bstlord is in a pretty good spot. I just thought it might be interesting if bare fists were an option for beastlord like they are monk, since we share the same damage tables as monks do with fist weapons.

We know that bstlord melee / white damage is always poor, just because we lack double attack skill.

Unfortunately the way it is itemized, there is not a benefit to dropping 1h weapons on a beast in favor of fist weapons. At best (blazewind gloves) they do similar damage to say, horok and szithri spear. So why would a bst unequip their 1h weapons to use hand to hand?

Unequipping spear and horok I would lose:

HP: 445
Mana: 485
AC: 20
STR: 37
DEX: 37
AGI: 12
CHA: 60
WIS: 35
FT: 3
MR: 10
FR: 10
CR: 10
DR: 10
PR: 45
Healing inc 8: Bst normally run 7 without spear

So I lose all of the above to use bare fists, and don't gain any damage. Any smart player would just.. not use bare fists :)

And I am totally okay with that, I just wanted to make sure the devs were aware it was working this way, and make sure this was the intended mechanic.

It would be cool to have the option to swap to bare fists, but I'm more than content where I am currently.

I hope this didn't come across wrong :)

Last edited:
I think it is pretty lame that fists get balanced around monk hit rate and itemized for mnk/bst. It makes every fist kind of lousy as a BST choice.

tldr give beastlords double attack

just make beastlords double attack everytime their pet does. and make their pet double attack everytime they double attack.

we can call it horok.

Back
Top Bottom