Could we get Final Stand back?

Sangku

Dalayan Beginner
I have to say i do love the warrior changes, but i do miss one old stance. The Final Stand. It was where all damage you would take was reduced to 1 and once your stamina was depleted you would drop to 1hp and more then likely die. I liked this stance due to the reason if your raid may end up wiping and the rezer does not have enough time to camp you could pop your area taunt and use the final stand and give them some more time, which has helped me out in the past.

As a suggestion on how it could work in with the current warrior stamina setup, it would be able to work at any stamina percentage and would drain the stamina at the same rate it used to. I'm unsure of a cool down timer, although i'm unsure how this could be abused since you'd probably end up killing yourself after your stamina has been exhausted.

Thank you for reading my post, any input or reason why this is a good or bad idea is completely fine with me.

I know camping rezzers is a common/accepted? thing to do, but I'm not so sure its really an intended/desired strategy, so I wouldn't be sure if reinstating abilities that encourage this is a good idea.

I also know that through the years, many of the strats I've heard that utilized final stand seemed to be of questionable desirability in terms of maintaining encounter difficulty/strategy.

Yeah you are right there... I've only heard a few dubious strats over the years, but those and getting rezzers camped are the only times I've heard of it being used.

I'm not totally opposed to this being reinstated, I just never saw many of interesting uses for it *shrug*

its the same thing Nimble is used for. Mawbs at 2% health and healers are oom. or shit were gonna wipe lets get a rezbot out. its a Final stand for a Final stance.

I guess I could in theory make an ability that does something like this. But in general I'd rather either stick with the new system and forget styles altogether or revert completely rather than picking and choosing what a class is willing to sacrifice for a completely new system. It's already aggravating having Vindicator's Stance there still, I would have just given Warriors an inherent 13% mitigation at level 65 if not for the fact that it would have been a buff (going into Defensive stance on top of it etc; I guess it could have been tied to Normal stance but that would have been annoying to do).

Plus Enrage provides 6 seconds of invulnerability vs melee already, though admittedly you can't pop it at a moment's notice if you've been using other abilities. Though using other stances reduced the time you could use Final Stance, so there's that.

So...

would there be a way to make enrage work off of current stamina instead of just always requiring full?

IE works as described currently at 100%, half as long at 50% etc.

would there be a way to make enrage work off of current stamina instead of just always requiring full?

IE works as described currently at 100%, half as long at 50% etc.

i think warriors are fine the way they are however if someone really felt the need to change something. This is what i wouldn't mind seeing. Enrage is a HUGE DPS boost for a a minute if you're using a 2 hander. and if it makes you invul aswell for 6 seconds well then shit i don't see any problem with this!

Yeah, having enrage besides when full stamina would be great. Um, I haven't tried to do this yet, but if i use the Enrage ability on a mob that is enraged... Do hits somehow bypass, or is it like the first one to lose enrage eats a lot of hits once it subsides? Just wondering if anyone has tried to do this yet.

I made it so that Enrage can't riposte attacks from an NPC that is itself enraged at all. A single attack from either of you would create an infinite loop of instantly riposted attacks that would crash the zone. Couldn't find a better way to do it since riposte-triggered attacks are not distinguished from regular attacks in the code (although they could be I guess).

Back
Top Bottom