Cooldown and spell icons.

Snake

Dalayan Elder
When I load a spell that has a long cooldown, it loads on cooldown (greyed out). Then if I refresh or zone, it becomes ready to cast.

Once I cast it, it's obviously goes on cooldown and no matter if I refresh or zone, it stays on cooldown, till the cooldown time has past.

I suggest, that when a cooldown spell is memorized, and it is not on cooldown (been cast recently), that it starts out as ready to cast.

Last edited:
Is that not the point of those spells? I believe that is to prevent loading (we'll use Shout of Agony as an example) mid-fight over a spell one class otherwise would use consistently. I personally do not see a problem with this, balance-wise.

I don't think that is the point, since you can get around the "recast" (it's not a recast, since it wasn't previously cast, it was just freshly memorized) by zoning or refreshing.

If the point of these spells, is to not be able to cast them at all, untill they have spend X amount of time, sitting uncastable in the spell bar, previously cast or not, then I suppose either just leave it as is, or fix it so refreshing and/or zoning doesn't cheat the purpose.

If the point is a hybrid, then it's working as intended I guess.

Personally I don't see any reason why these spells needs to sit and wait in the spellbar, uncastable, just taking a up a spell slot, for no real reason.

Can /q if you really need to, about as fast as refreshing anyway.

But so far, the feedback I'm getting is that we want spells with cooldown, to start on cooldown, even if not previously cast.
So perhaps fix it so they can't be cheated off cooldown.

Last edited:
q'ing in the middle of a raid fight sounds like a great way to get killed by AOE before you even finish fully loading, especially if you don't have the luxury of spell ward.

Back
Top Bottom