Cleric Thaz BP

gtoo

THE NEMESIS
This post is to offer a forum for discussion of cleric upgraded thaz armor, and especially the breastplate.
bpxu0.jpg

It is not a terrible item by any means, but as you can see, it is seriously lacking compared to the other thaz upgraded bp's.
Almost every other upgraded thaz bp has an Effect (such as casting speed, damage inc, mana cons, range inc, etc.) along with one or more advanced item effects (such as aggression, crit strike, mind shield, stun resist, etc.). In addition, a number of the chest pieces also contain a reactive or clicked proc. Many also have skill modifiers, such as archery and backstab.

The cleric bp has ONE of these, Range Increment 7. While this itself is not a bad effect for the piece, the lack of anything else on the breastplate is what makes it a lackluster item.

What I propose, is to keep the stats and the current focus effect, but add a skill midifier for alteration, and possibly a small ammount of spell ward or damage reduction.

Chestguard of the Divine
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: CHEST
AC: 62
Focus Effect: Range Increment VII
Skill Mod: Alteration +15
STA: +15 WIS: +25 CHA: +18 HP: +180
Mana: +220
MR: +11 FR: +11 CR: +11 PR: +11 DR: +11
Spell Ward: +2%
Weight: 10.0 Size: Large
Class: CLR
Race: ALL

I think this would bring it in to line with the other class breastplates and give clerics a viable reason to upgrade out of Taesh robe (RIP)

I also believe that the cleric upgraded thaz armor should be given a different color. At the moment, it is almost identical to the color of combine plate armor, which is quite disappointing. I believe that a sky blue color, or maybe the dark purple from the PoHate cleric armor from live would be good alternatives, to help to distinguish the thaz armor from combine.

Thanks!

(also, this thread is not to complain about upgraded thaz armor for other classes, only clerics)

because we totally need more STA CHA WIS and spellward, right. :/
the cleric peices are embarrassing when compared to some of the other sets, with a lower number of effects/clickies/skill mods/saves.

I was hoping the item balancing would address the thaz armour problems, but its alot of items to balance relative to eachother.

gtoo i get and love your argument problem is druid bp falls in the same boat.

glade-mist tunic
35ac
mana con 7
10sta 22wis 20cha
190hp 210 mana
11 to all resists

There do seem to be a few problems with the bp, seeing as I was just about to post on the disparity between the mage and necro one (mage having recovery V??? why? necro only 3??)

The necro one also has no advanced effect.

vistachiri said:
There do seem to be a few problems with the bp, seeing as I was just about to post on the disparity between the mage and necro one (mage having recovery V??? why? necro only 3??)

The necro one also has no advanced effect.

Because recovery means a whole lot more to a necro than to a mage.

If you want to make a thread about thaz armor X Y or Z do so. The thread originator did ask this specific thread to be cleric specific though.

Waldoff said:
If you want to make a thread about thaz armor X Y or Z do so. The thread originator did ask this specific thread to be cleric specific though.

"Almost every other upgraded thaz bp has an Effect (such as casting speed, damage inc, mana cons, range inc, etc.) along with one or more advanced item effects (such as aggression, crit strike, mind shield, stun resist, etc.)"

Kind of difficult to talk about one without pointing out that there are more than just the cleric bp's missing what the problem was with it. Seeing as not looking at uber v sucky v normal items was kind of why the item revamp was needed in the first place (creates gaps, too good pieces, etc, etc).

Also /agree the color of it sucks.

I believe the color on paladin thaz gear is a type of purple, so not sure if that would work.

+Alteration sounds interesting, its not on many pieces, but could be useful. Alternatively, some amount of Flowing Thought could be an option.

Eldorath said:
I believe the color on paladin thaz gear is a type of purple, so not sure if that would work.

+Alteration sounds interesting, its not on many pieces, but could be useful. Alternatively, some amount of Flowing Thought could be an option.

Blue maybe?

Dzillon said:
Just hijacking, but wouldn't abjuration wouldn't be more cleric-stylish ?
So we can...cast aego without fizzling? No, alteration is the most used cleric casting skill.

White would be pretty neat actually. Well if we can get the color of it changed maybe we can hold a poll? Come up with some good colors ppl

Mods aren't always oriented to the most efficient, just saying abjuration, as "protective magic" or divine stuff, is more of a cleric thing than alteration, well I see it like that.
Nevertheless you asked for a change to Fatebind & Doom, they're abjuration according to what I saw on parser. I'm sure there are others than that & aego.

The Paladin armor is a blue color, so I'm not opposed to changing this to purple; it's just a matter of me fixing the problem with not being able to edit items locally before I can make the changes.

Back
Top Bottom